Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Essex Esprit - Page 9 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex Esprit

nello

4 hours ago, nello said:

OPW 674W was numbered 002 Essex of the LHD cars and was one of the two cars sold direct to Thiemes Organisation Essex Motorsport.

On my list its believed to still be in France along with the other 'Essex' registered car - LHD 007 which was Thiemes own car.

Its does look like its riding very tall though doesn't it?

Clive Chapman told us once he has a few of those jackets in the attic at East Carleton! B-)

Another pic from the OPW 674W

I read once David Thieme still keeps his personal Essex Esprit in a garage in Paris......

.....and by the way.....another interesting "must read" about David Thieme´s parties

http://en.espnf1.com/blogs/motorsport/story/142963.html

bell216lotus.jpg

Edited by colinsays
update
  • Like 1

Apols for the lack of Esprit content but there are some crackers here - http://www.gettyimages.com/photos/david-thieme?family=editorial&phrase=david thieme&sort=best&excludenudity=true#license

Never seen any of those before. The guy gets alot of historical stick but I have to say his whole outfit looked damn cool to me even now and deepens the enigma......... Enjoy!

Apparently his great short wealth was ganered by buying and selling Oil 'in-transit' i.e. whilst at sea utilising any dependancy tax whilst on the ocean..........

I don't think I have come across another person who reached such heights of notoriety and then simply disappeared......................Yes I know about the Ojjeh connection but I challenge anyone to come up with anything post prison.

Edited by nello
  • Like 2

Great find ??

What an interesting guy, he certainly lived the playboy lifestyle for a while, poor Chapman seemed to pick em! John Delorean........

I wonder what Mr Thieme is doing now and how many of those toys got squirrelled away before everything went pear shaped? 

Nice shot of the Sunbeam as well.?

Dave ?

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• 2 weeks later...

OK so who now has 005 - looks like its been fully restored and can be seen here at 02:40:

Last I heard it was with user vince812 on here and was in France?

Edited by nello

Wouldn't say fully restored Neil as the interior still needs doing and this video was only filmed a couple of weeks ago.

Great video and nice looking blue '84 Turbo - I wonder how long the owner will keep it.......seeing this is a 8 out of 12 car challenge, he's set himself. Seems a good car that got the thumbs up from GST for the work carried out by Stock Coachworks. Could have done a lot worse.......

• Like 2

@jack.pe - your video has been found :thumbsup:

Looks great. Really look forward to seeing the car in the flesh.

Write out 100 times

Turbo Esprit
Turbo Esprit

The blue one looks like a nice car, is that actually 'Essex Blue'?

Not keen on that steering wheel nor the shiny silver plastic speakers in the doors though. Fortunately, both are easily removed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That must be one of the Pre-Prod LHD cars - its not got the 'ears' behind the rear 3/4 windows either. HH0298 / 0299 and 10300 were the chassis for those on my record.

Where did that image come from Bauke?

Edited by nello

Some cracking images there! Nice one Chris - 

OPW 674W was LHD Essex No.2 and was the first car registered to Thieme's Essex Motorsport organisation B-)

tissot2.jpg&key=b61e25ff71718a2836168896

Edited by nello
  • Like 2

but on the other 2 pictures the car has "ears" and also side indicators, so it should be a other essex,

On 11 October 2016 at 04:52, Tocus said:

a very Rare LHD essex,

essex.jpg

I'm almost sure this is the Albert Hall "002" LHD - Export Dev 80020298J same spec as Albert Hall "001" as seen in the Essex sales flyer both without "ears"

Both cars were badged 001 & 002 specially for the Albert Hall but not to be confused with the following -

RHD 001/10858/NCL 458V later to evolve into the Bond  film car For Your Eyes Only.

LHD -002/10302/OPW 674W

Note the wheel arch clearance's are much lower than normal."