Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
gear ratios - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

gear ratios

I have spent hours looking for data on gear ratios..

does any have info of 1-6th breakdown and final drive

also possible ratios of sport box as well would be great..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Not been able to find figures myself, but do know that the sports gearbox has shortened top four gears so that 6th on the sports is same as 5th on the standard.

I am fairly sure I have seen them written down recently in last few weeks. As I have been stuck on a ship for that time it means it was either in one of the online reviews linked in press reviews or in the only mags I have seen copies of which have been Top Gear and Autocar's first road test.

I will check this out later 4 U as all the online reviews I have printed out.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Guest matt

these ratios are quoted on the Lotus Main website under the Evora Technical spec / performance data. Don't know if they are for standard or sport box.

Has anybody here been given the option to spec a sport box on the launch edition? I was told it wasn't available yet but seems odd as many of the press cars had sport boxes.

Gear ratios I / II / III

3.538 :1 / 1.913 :1 / 1.218 :1

IV / V / VI

0.86 :1 / 0.79 :1 / 0.638 :1

R / Final drive 1st

Spent ages going back through everything and all the old spec docs we got on launch and then found info on the website. I knew I had seen somewhere recently. Came here to post link and Matt has got there first! Damn. :blink:

As far as g'box spec Matt, I never wanted the sport box as for the uses I will be giving car most of the time I'd rather have a relaxing 6th and the economy on longer drives. I can't help you there. I was then surprised (potentially worried) to see so many mags say it would be sold on 95% of cars as essential! I think they must have meant Sport Pack as none of them can have sampled the standard one it seems. Up to 60mph in first 2 gears reported as identical. It is only 3rd onwards. There was also the small matter of money and I'd already pushed budget waaaay beyond original intentions. :lol:

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 10 months later...

This was posted by Calvan on a different thread on this forum:

"I got an Evora spec sheet from the dealer in Vancouver. It says:

Sport Box Standard Box

1st 3.538 3.538

2nd 1.913 1.913

3rd 1.407 1.218

4th 1.091 0.86

5th 0.9697 0.79

6th 0.8611 0.638

Final drive (both boxes): 1st - 4th: 3.777 5th & 6th:3.238"

Others have verified this data.

i have a launch edition with the sports gearbox

it was delivered last october

mpg suffers a bit - at 80mph on motorway (using cruise control to avaoid any variance) i get bang on 30mpg.

Round town is anywhere from 18 to 24 depending on how i drive etc.

i would think these are about 5mpg down on the standard box?? (perhaps somebody with standard box can advise mpg)

cheers

Edited by beady

construction and property consultants : My company

• 1 month later...

I read that somewhere too. I wish I could find actual EPA MPG estimates or something for the two gearboxes. I'd also like to compare the two back-to-back using the in-car MPG-o-meter as well, but it looks like my dealership is just getting 4 of the sport boxes in.

I was planning on the standard 'box because:

(1) I don't think I need faster acceleration from 75-110

(2) I would like better mpg

(3) I don't want to spend the extra $1,500

(4) I would like the car even quieter during the boring commute

On the other hand, if the sports 'box has better fuel economy through some magic, then I have to decide if the $1,500 and slightly more noise is worth it.

2011 Lotus Evora 2+2

If you specify the Sports gearbox on a new car, the CO2 figure changes on your registration document from 205 to 224g/km. This is still out of the painful road fund bracket but if the bands are ever changed, it could have an impact in future years.

One of the reviewers stated that the sports box gives a better mpg than the standard.

Can this be true?

I have the sport box and the best fuel consumption I have achieved is 24.8mpg and the worst 20.3 mpg.

I have now filled the car up 8 times and my average is 22.6mpg.

The on board computer is not accurate and shows a higher figure than actually achieved. Mine is currently showing 26.4mpg but I know when I fill up tomorrow and do the calculation I will not have achieved that figure.

Edited by bingoking

if you drive without the sport button pressed, the mpg seems to improve, particularly on motorway.

this could all be in the mind but it certainly seems to be a few mpg higher.

i got recently almost 30mpg on motorway at about 75-80, over almost30 miles.

Has anybody figured out what the displayed average fuel consumption period is over. It isn't very long at all so only reflects recent driving and not since last reset. This is a good thing if then looking at distance left in the tank figure of course but not particularly useful for anything else.

On a recent 1,000 mile trip the fuel consumption was up rock steady after 500 miles at 85~90 at around 29mpg or something (no sport button used and standard box) As soon as finished with motorway drive it was all over the place with big swings and then rapidly climbing again on returning to m-way. It would not do if averaging as it then takes a long period to make small differences.

• 4 weeks later...

I couldn't understand why I was getting such poor fuel consumption (average 22.6mpg) and why it varied from what was indicated on the on board computer screen.

I have for years religiously noted my mileage and quantity of fuel at fill ups and then worked out the mpg for all my vehicles.

When I got my iPhone I downloaded the app "Car Care" and now use that rather than pen an paper.

I discovered today in checking some of the entries that I am getting better consumption than calculated by the app.

The penny then dropped, I have had the app set on mpg rather than mpg(UK) so it has been calculating on US Gallons rather than Imperial Gallons. :)

My average is 27.2mpg(UK)

As for the average displayed I don't know how it is calculated. Every time I fill up it indicates that I have a range of 345 miles and it makes no difference what average mpg is displaying prior to the fill up. :)

just done a CAT driver training day at Millbrook today.

brilliant day !!!!!!!!!!

hammered the car all day, never missed a beat.

average 14.4 mpg on the computer.