Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Engine work to be done - Page 4 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Engine work to be done

Dave Freeman

have a heater you can borrow for week-end if you do not want to buy one

peter

Edited by USAndretti42
Deleted great, long quote of immediately-preceding post

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

gas with electric fan

Edited by USAndretti42
Once again, no need to quote the post directly above.

• Gold FFM

It shouldn't be a stretch for half a dozen people. Let's see what surprises occur. You can get an engine in by yourself, but it's so much easier with help. Let's discuss...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Good suggestions Yashou, and thanks for the tie wrap tags. Sparky, yes we need to discuss. Pete, yes will take you up on your offer, is it something you use every day or could I collect it soon, got some work to do leading up to the event - cheers.

Also ordering big box of nuts, nyloc etc (question, can you fit a stainless nut to a steel bolt, corrosion etc) and a selection of new jub clips.

Dave

Good suggestions Yashou, and thanks for the tie wrap tags. Sparky, yes we need to discuss. Pete, yes will take you up on your offer, is it something you use every day or could I collect it soon, got some work to do leading up to the event - cheers.

Also ordering big box of nuts, nyloc etc (question, can you fit a stainless nut to a steel bolt, corrosion etc) and a selection of new jub clips.

Dave

use most days but available weekends if that is any good

Feel the love. Smashin :D

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Hi pete, yes great will borrow it for the weekend, many thanks. How big is it, I'll arrange to borrow a car to collect.

Cheers Pete

heater small gas bottle large however you can get smaller gas bottles can get gas delivered from sheering gas

Hi all, its getting closer, started to wd40 all the exhaust and turbo bolts. Most of the bits I need have arrived - hoorah.

Pete - thanks for calling in on saturday, just let me know when you can arrange for the heater, will have cash waiting (best to buy a second hand one I think)

Felix and Chris - well done guys, appreciate you bringing over the hoist.

Felix - sorry we could not get both of your bushes out on saturday, hopefully you have now got it sorted. If not I am around at the weekend if you want to have another bash at it.

Dave eds - Thanks agin for thinking of us.

Just need to get some paper towelling, hand cleaner and, sod I forgot what else I needed. oh yes booze, Sparky beef, lamb and chicken curry, what does BA use, samples from your traing course, you could practice your cabin staff routine, ha ha

Paul and Sarah and staying over on the Friday, we may go out for a curry, if anyone wants to come on friday ready for an early start saturday please let me know, I can then book a table.

By for now.............

Yashou, thats a good thought, "what to put the engine on" in order to work on it, I could set the ramps up, and using the engine mounts bolt it to the ramps. that way I can get "up close and personal" with my ENGINE. Anyone else any thoughts.

Dave

Dave,

Anyroom for a little one? Sorry been really busy with work.

Do you need any tools? I have a 12v impact wrench. breaker bar, Trolley jack, Axle stands (mega size for the Land Rover) etc

Let me know. If I'll be in the way no problem

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Chris, hi mate, yes room for a small one (said the vicar to the actress.) more than welcome.

Tool wise, not sure, I have most tools, axle stands(4) trolley jacks (2) torque wrenches, if I thinks of any I need I'll let you know.

Look forward to seeing you, let me know if you want to stay over or whatever............

Dave

Hi Dave

Just thought, how to dran the petro from tanks ? (need some pump/horses..)

some spar bolts/nuts.....

Yasuo

P.S I'm looking forward to see you soon

I have an engine stand Dave. Do you need one? I didnt realise.Let me know fella:)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I have an engine stand Dave. Do you need one? I didnt realise.Let me know fella:)

ooh yes please, but how would you get it here, its a long way to collect (unless it goes in your car)

Simon has offered one too but it does mean it will have to be posted,

which ever is easier I suppose.

Dave

Dave,

I have an engine stand you can use and could send it up with Sparky if he has room in the car. Assuming he doesn't accept the trolley dolly job at B.A.

Trevor

I'll get around to it at some point.

Hi all, engine stand is coming down with rocket63, cheers mate, can abyone think any thing I have forgotten, special tools, for those hard to get bolts. Now.... who is going to bring the box of sware words, and a soft fully animal to throw or cut up with a circular saw when things get tough.

Looking forward to it, looks like there is only 4 of us for a chinese friday night, unless anyone else wants to join us. Otherwise I expect to start around 9.30 10 oclock.

Yashou, give me a call when you land and I will come to the airport to collect you, safe journey.

Trevor, simon thanks for the offers but I am sorted.

Bye for now...................

Edited by Dave Freeman

Hi Dave

Thanks Dave, I will call you when I arrived at the Standsted.

(maybe take a Taxi, I guess it's not too far from Airport and You have may have a lot of guests to entertain.

By the way how cold these days in U.K ?

It's very cold her. I tried to fix the cluch problem but I gave up today it's too cold to work out side (-3C). I changed Cluch master/slave clyindes few days ago but not solve the problem. Checked today the cluch folk and it looks like release bearing is dead.(so, I have to wait until better weather..)

Yasuo