Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
DRIVING ON SNOW - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

DRIVING ON SNOW

Just got my new Evora with Wintertires equipped and thanks to Santa, there was plenty of snow around. The grip is tricky... due to the large reartires the car turns with the back quiet quick. No compare with dry or wet roadhandling. For everybody: go slowly, it is totally different to the Summertires grip, also if Lotus writes some specials in the manual on the WinterYokos. I was in Northfinnland with BMW for Icedriving School in Feb. 09, so I know how the feeling is to loose roadcontact on ice. With the Evora it goes quickly... anyhow, no danger at all. But be carefull. From Switzerland, Anubis

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Had it sideways down the road today (the car that is) thumbsup.gif That got the old heart racing a bit I can tell you/

My neighbour bottled out of giving me lift to an essential appointment (they have a Volvo XC90 that has coped with everything thrown at it recently).

Returned home after embarrassingly having to crawl to my appointment and rang senior to ask where the nearest empty car park is - this could be fun...sense has prevailed though.

I did get some very raised eyebrows on the road though along with a white van who attempted to climb in the boot at the traffic lights, deliberately in my opinion...devil.gif

Edited by bolly girl

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08

Good on you for getting out and trying.thumbsup.gif An Evora is for life not just Christmas. No pampered heated garages not turning a wheel for 4 months.

Now where is that nearest car park? - oh yes just look at Alpine unit as it shows them - if you can work out how to bring up the picture...... whistle.gif

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Good on you for getting out and trying.thumbsup.gif An Evora is for life not just Christmas. No pampered heated garages not turning a wheel for 4 months.

Now where is that nearest car park? - oh yes just look at Alpine unit as it shows them - if you can work out how to bring up the picture...... whistle.gif

by the time you work it out, it will be May, have you tried shouting at it, or beating it with a big stick.

• Gold FFM

Thought you might enjoy this - very brief clip of an Evora looking very sure-footed in the snow on the track at Hethel near the start of an Anglia TV piece on safe driving in winter conditions. Development driver Gav Kershaw doing the driving and instructing.

http://www.itv.com/a...ving-tips09038/

• Gold FFM

Oh! Didn't realise that. As an alternative, how about the first part of the development video showing one of the prototypes at Bosch's Swedish development facility: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Vzm9w81gBh0. There's another video of an Evora starting up a half-iced steep incline, with the wheels on one side on tarmac and the other side on ice, which I've seen several times at Lotus events but can't find online anywhere.

LOL sorry but its a good flick as well.

TBH a lot of the ppl I have observed out of the window could learn a lot from this.

Funny thing is also it's all in the highway code, how did they pass a test without knowing this ??

Most common thing I've seen is people driving at 40 in a 40 zone and shunting people, the shunt causes ppl to stop hence the hold ups, they should get 3 points for due care and attention.

BTW lovely Evora in orange - love that colour.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Gold FFM
thumbsup.gif Good show! Running semi-slicks as well I'll bet? I saw a Gallardo while out walking on one of the snow-bound country lanes yesterday and gave him a round of applause as he pottered past respect.gif