Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The bit I pay for - PAINT! - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The bit I pay for - PAINT!

• Gold FFM

I may know my way around a spanner, but I know sod all about making cars look pretty. On Trevsked's recommendation, my Esprit is with a guy called Andy, in Halifax, West Yorkshire, getting a long overdue makeover. I've heard very good things about Andy, so I'm confident she'll come back very pretty. Been there for 2 weeks now, and probably a little over a week to go before I get her back! Some pics so far:

2010_0227andy20012.jpg

2010_0227andy20011.jpg

2010_0227andy20016.jpg

2010_0227andy20015.jpg

2010_0227andy20014.jpg

2010_0227andy20013.jpg

2010_0227andy20017.jpg

2010_0227andy20018.jpg

2010_0227andy20019.jpg

2010_0311andy30016.jpg

2010_0311andy30018.jpg

2010_0311andy30017.jpg

2010_0311andy30014.jpg

2010_0311andy30003.jpg

2010_0311andy30002.jpg

2010_0311andy30001.jpg

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Is that the spray booth?

will look nice when finished.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Oh SPARKY, that means I will have to polish mine again, that will be 2 off us with shinny rides, looking good, is it staying red or what - black would be nice.

Will you do the wheels as well.

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Daverespect.gif

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Boys, I can't wait! Wheels are getting a bit of a seeing to as well, car will stay red, and the wing stays on. :thumbsup:

New rear light clusters and door handles. Deck glass removed to paint the black, repair to that awful N/S door - this guy's good!

I'd especially like to thank Trevor for making me part with yet more cash.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

What's he done with the wing?

I think my line comes next :)

Looking good, hope you're happy when you get it back, less the wing of course!:)

Oh and you don't have to do the rear deck black, I elected not to black mine in, I didn't put the glass back in straight away just in case ther was too much reflectionor glare, but there wasn't so it's back on now and the whole of the rear deck is red. (looks better IMO)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• Gold FFM

Wings are good! Wings are cool! Things with wings fly. Take it off and who knows???

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Sparky,

Think nothing of it. Believe it or not it give me great pleasure seeing you part with your money.

Looking forward to seeing more pics and hopefully the finished item soon.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM

Cheers guys. Roger, I like the black deck and the wing stays so yar boo sucks. I only did it for you. :)

I think it's a very reasonable price, but I'll hold fire until the job's done and proper photos published, to allow a nice objective view. :)

• Gold FFM

Wot - you driving a red S4 now??

You know me so well...

Well the Polish can run Watford Exotics whilst the trolley, dollies :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

:)

Anyway, suppose I should buy a Boxster now I'm cabin crew.

Andy's just informed me she's all masked up, and paint goes on tomorrow!

We could have done it at Dave Freemans the other week with an old broom Brush on Paint

Edited by red vtec

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

Don't you philistines know nuffin? It's all rollers now.

Boys, I can't wait! Wheels are getting a bit of a seeing to as well, car will stay red, and the wing stays on. biggrin.gif

New rear light clusters and door handles. Deck glass removed to paint the black, repair to that awful N/S door - this guy's good!

I'd especially like to thank Trevor for making me part with yet more cash.

hi everybody, im andy fieldhouse im the guy who gary has put his faith in to restore his esprit. after working for several main dealership bodyshops and accident repair centres over the last 25 years i have set up my own worksop in halifax, and i am offering refinishing services to people with fiberglass bodied cars, as this is my speciality, having worked for many years on renault alpines, espace, ect. the secret to a perfect respray is detail and this takes time, if you are told you can have your car back within 7 days then its been rushed and it won't last the test of time. if anyone wants any advice about paint or bodywork, just send me a message, im here to help. anyway im sure gary's esprit will look fantastic. heres a couple of pics of previous jobs.

Snapshot031-1.jpg?t=1268436034Snapshot023.jpg?t=1268436299