Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Page 37 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Isn't there an Elan+2 at 15 secs in as well.

6 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Isn't there an Elan+2 at 15 secs in as well.

thought the same. Also some of the lane changes were a bit poor and some tailgating, so not much changed - apart from the mainly UK cars....?

I've been a bit of a naughty boy...

Yesterday we did a reconnaissance for a charity run I'm putting together. With the Excel, as she continues to be my weapon of choice.
As always, I used Tulip to plot the route and create the road book. Only this time I failed to reckognise an unpaved road on the route. It started as cobblestones, not too bad and a very nice area to drive through. Next came grass of increasing height in the center, rubbing her belly. Still fine, right? And then the cobblestones were replaced by ruts, filled with water. 😞 We were already in for half a mile or so and even the Range Rover would have had a hard time to turn around between the high verges and plowed fields. So no chance in hell with the Excel. Nothing left to do but straddle the ruts, try to avoid the deepest puddles and hope for the best. And she pulled through! We did have a few hairy moments when the rear started fishtailing towards the ruts and I had no choice but to keep on the throttle as I couldn't afford to lose much momentum. It's a good thing I put on a set of M+S tyres 2 weeks ago. They were the only suitable ones I could find in the right size and the snow in January had proven I needed a bit more traction anyway. And my off road experience came in very handy as well. I'm sure most SUV owners would have back out. And probably ended up stuck doing just that. 😁

The moment we realised things were taking a turn for the worse:

image.jpeg

And some footage of navigating the ruts. They went on for at least half a mile and even got a bit worse, it really was very close. (never mind the radio, I was too focused and forgot to turn it off).  

She now deserves a good wash with a soft cloth and lots of love. 🙂

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I double checked, it's actually mapped by google streetview!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 1 month later...