Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Page 17 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

On the 520, there was a dealer option alloy wheel offered, but it was the "Electron" style alloy rather than the wolfrace, which I believe was only ever a popular aftermarket choice.

I'm told the steel wheels fitted to the 520 are of lotus cortina dimensions and are worth a fair bit nowdays... no direct knowledge myelf - just what somebody once told me.

10 hours ago, mpse14 said:

I really don't know why Lotus should have gone to the expense of making different hubs for an 'entry level' model, the Elite and presumably Esprit already had Triumph hubs on the front, why not just fit Triumph steels from a GT6/Spitfire or Vitesse? 

Who knows the inner working of the genius mind!!

I have 75 which is a pre production Eclat, she sits on triumph pcd. Colin must have had lots and lots of plus two parts available to break production to use up parts. But surely the parts book should answer the question?

I don't think so. (although my memory isn't what it used to be!) Many years ago when I first got the car and checked what brakes I needed to replace the ones that were on, they were totally different and I ended up just taking the old ones to the garage.  I found out later that the ones I had, were fitted to the Plus Two.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jean, the interior is not in a top condition. I have tried to make it more usable and after this, it had to be overhauled for the complete front seats, the dash and the A pillar. But due to a change in my personal situation it will not be done in the next 1-2 years. Until this, I will use it in this state nevertheless. It does too much fun and of course they suffer from not being used.

IMG_0013.JPG.168678d79c4e1a7c5b261247972

• Like 1

That does look tempting! If only it had been for sale a year ago...

Anybody interested in an early Excel? :ph34r:

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Yo could be right Dan, I think he had about 6 cars in all that came from a clearance or something similar, but not sure.

I have a feeling that if the seller hasn't got a link to the now defunct "London Lotus Centre" he must have got them from a guy who has. There have been Lotus cars for sale on and off from that area for as long as I can remember, I heard that it was possibly the son of one of their employees from years ago. A friend of mine went to look at one of the cars years ago, but didn't buy one, eventually bought a used Elise from  Strattons

Mike, I haven't had access to a nice dry garage since the fire destroyed our workshop... So both the Excel and Esprit have been living outdoors. Luckily this will soon come to an end. Although not finished, I've started using the new hall to keep the cars protected during winter. Not ideal, as it's not where I live at the moment. And I'm still using the Esprit as a daily, so she will have to face some more snow today and maybe the next weeks.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

It's more like having a small appartement (converted office) in a workshop. :-) About 250m² workspace + 200m² first floor storage in the workshop and 35m² living space for me. All I need really.