Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 180 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Just unbelievable.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crgr3rpd4p3o

They already work on average 32 days LESS than just about every one else every year. That's more than a full month (week days and weekends) than just about any one else.

It's just crazy bonkers to be honest and a complete and utter piss take.

They wouldn't last 5 minutes working in a stressful job with 22 - 27 days a year off on holiday on average.

It's getting to the stage (when you look at 20% or working age population is off work with stress etc - yeah right) where people just don't know what it is to graft anymore.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Teachers at my son's school get an "Occasional Day" off in December for Christmas Shopping. Son loves it, really pisses me off.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Teachers at my son's school get an "Occasional Day" off in December for Christmas Shopping. Son loves it, really pisses me off.

Similarly the teachers at the primary school that our grandkids go to get a day off for their birthdays!

Tbh the whole school situation these days pisses me off. Take your kids out of school for 3 days to go on holiday and you get threatened with a fine, but teachers are now allowed random days off and schools get closed to be used as voting stations etc but apparently the latter 2 doesn’t disrupt a kids education the same as taking then on holiday.

• Shock 1

A "normal" person would forfeit 15-20% of their salary to have the same number of working days as a teacher. 

So, let's give teachers the same deal deal as everyone else. We'll up there pay by 15-20% but instead of working only 195 days a year (at most) we'll make them work the 227 like everyone else.

That should do it and the pay rise will of course more than make up for having to work another 32 days a year.  I can hear the teacher union reps going apoplectic right now.

And don't give me this crap that teaching is harder than other jobs. All jobs have their own mix of stress, rewards, benefits etc. You telling me a teacher has it harder than a nurse? Teachers get paid far more for working 32 days less a year than Nurses.  It's time they got a grip.

One big issue is pupil behaviour and that is down to parents, teachers, and society. So maybe we need to fix that by installing more cctv in schools and classrooms, setting up "special" schools for kids who can't/won't behave and tag those little shits who can't behave so they can only be away from home for school, and travelling there an back. I'd be quite happy if they "tag" had the ability to administer a little electric shock to the ankles too!

That'll teach the entitled little twits AND their parents.

Sound harsh? Well, I bet we only have a to do for it a year or two before the numbers of unruly kids drop so far it makes us wonder if we still need the measures.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

In the United States teachers don't earn enough money to make a decent living.  They are buying supplies for the classrooms.  Additionally, they are restricted in how they can teach now with the ultra-conversative party banning books.  It's amazing that anyone wants to be a teacher in the USA.  Low salary, kid and parental issues and government interference doesn't make it very appetizing as a career.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Newly qualified teachers in the UK start on £31,563 per year - around $40k @bogle. That is more than both my kids earn and they have both bought houses etc. and been working for 10 years plus.

Teachers can earn up to an extra £15,690 ($20k) per year for taking on additional responsibilities like timetabling etc.

The salary range for teachers is £31,563 up to £51,179 ($65K) , in inner London they get more, £36,745 ($46K) up to £56,959 ($72K).

The average UK salary is £34,900. So their starting pay is pretty close to the average salary, and very quickly as they move through the grades they'll be in excess of that. Not a bad start to a career really, especially as they benefit from a minimum of 32 days a year extra were they don't work, compared to the average number of working days for most others.

Head Teachers have a minimum pay of £53,380 ($67k ), which I actually think is low and should be £60K, but depending on school size and experience that can go to a maximum of £139,891 ($176k) which ain't bad at all!

Bear in mind that they also get a huge pension benefit, which is set at 23.6% of salary as the EMPLOYER contribution. This is typically between 5 and 8 times more than the average worker receives at 3-5%, with many only getting 2%, and there's is a defined benefit scheme, so guaranteed based on their salary when retiring with a large available lump sum, and a fairly stupendous ill-health retirement scheme and your pension paid to your nominated beneficiary too!  This would cost the average worker a fortune, and the scheme is 100% government backed so risk free.

If you want to be a teacher, the salaries and package on offer are ok. I honestly do not see what they have to complain about in the UK, re salary - they are not on the bread line.

• Shock 1

The small print.

Wow!  I now have a better understanding of your thoughts.  USA teachers are nowhere near these amounts. Incentives to be a teacher here are limited and do not inspire people to become educators.  Plus the far right is causing its own havoc with teachers' ability to do their job.

• Thanks 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

13 hours ago, C8RKH said:

depending on school size and experience that can go to a maximum of £139,891

I don't think those factors matter so much and you'd be surprised how many heads are earning that because they're in charge of finances and can award themselves payrises pretty much with impunity. 

My wife left her school last week of 200 kids and the head was on that at the Head of Business had just given themselves a 20% payrise just because they could by fudging their contractual hours. State funded. 

• Shock 3

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

There was uproar down here in Exeter 12 years ago when it was found out that the head of a local school was earning a lot more than the PM. Even Exeter's Labour MP was shocked.

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/story/2012-03-06/exeter-head-teacher-earns-more-than-150-000/

• Like 1

There's a lot of spin by the unions and trade bodies for Teachers and GPs. I think in general the public would be quite shocked if they only knew the half of it!

The small print.

Starting Salary for a Copper here is £24,000. They won't get to a teachers STARTING salary for 3 years. Their Maximum as a PC is under £45,000. I understand that Teachers are educating our future generations but they earn more than most civil servants AND they get shit loads of holiday a year.

I am 100% sure everything isn't peachy in the teaching profession but they should look around at what is happening elsewhere.

• Love 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Reading this. Any pity I had for Israeli's is slowly being eroded by the acts of theft and aggression from the israeli settler movement. Anywhere else and their would be a huge outcry and a massive backlash at what is being done to innocent families and people - it is tantamount to state sponsored terrorism and aggression as the state stands by and allows it to happen.

From BBC today:

Who wouldn't want a house on the beach? For some on Israel's far-right, desirable beachfront now includes the sands of Gaza.

Just ask Daniella Weiss, 78, the grandmother of Israel's settler movement, who says she already has a list of 500 families ready to move to Gaza immediately.

"I have friends in Tel Aviv," she says, "so they say, 'Don't forget to keep for me a plot near the coast in Gaza,' because it's a beautiful, beautiful coast, beautiful golden sand".

She tells them the plots on the coast are already booked.

Mrs Weiss heads a radical settler organisation called Nachala, or homeland. For decades, she has been kickstarting Jewish settlements in the Israeli-occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem, on Palestinian land captured by Israel in the 1967 Middle East war.

• Sad 1

The small print.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Reading this. Any pity I had for Israeli's is slowly being eroded by the acts of theft and aggression from the israeli settler movement. Anywhere else and their would be a huge outcry and a massive backlash at what is being done to innocent families and people - it is tantamount to state sponsored terrorism and aggression as the state stands by and allows it to happen.

From BBC today:

Who wouldn't want a house on the beach? For some on Israel's far-right, desirable beachfront now includes the sands of Gaza.

Just ask Daniella Weiss, 78, the grandmother of Israel's settler movement, who says she already has a list of 500 families ready to move to Gaza immediately.

"I have friends in Tel Aviv," she says, "so they say, 'Don't forget to keep for me a plot near the coast in Gaza,' because it's a beautiful, beautiful coast, beautiful golden sand".

She tells them the plots on the coast are already booked.

Mrs Weiss heads a radical settler organisation called Nachala, or homeland. For decades, she has been kickstarting Jewish settlements in the Israeli-occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem, on Palestinian land captured by Israel in the 1967 Middle East war.

Is this actually going to happen, though? Quoting a radical organisation doesn't make it government policy.

8 minutes ago, EGTE said:

Quoting a radical organisation doesn't make it government policy.

Given Netanyahu's governments track record of arming settlers, and not prosecuting them for shooting Palestinians, looting, bulldozing legitimate homes and stealing property to date, what makes you think this is not already not happening? Plenty of evidence out there to prove it is happening right now. And whilst it might not be Government "policy" their continued lack of action shows they do not condone it.

35 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

The Russians were doing the same in Ukraine. They were gleefully selecting and trading sea front housing plots in Mariupol, whilst their army was busy razing the city to the ground.

So maybe we should put the same sanctions on to Israel now then?

The small print.

1 minute ago, C8RKH said:

Given Netanyahu's governments track record of arming settlers, and not prosecuting them for shooting Palestinians, looting, bulldozing legitimate homes and stealing property to date, what makes you think this is not already not happening? Plenty of evidence out there to prove it is happening right now. And whilst it might not be Government "policy" their continued lack of action shows they do not condone it.

So maybe we should put the same sanctions on to Israel now then?

I haven't heard of a single Israeli settlement in Gaza since they gave it all to the Palestinians what 18 years ago? So I'd say it isn't happening as of yet.

So @EGTE you have not seen the verified evidence of Israeli settlers encroaching on to their Palestinian neighbours land. Forcing their flocks onto that land and then claiming it through grazing rights? Or the Israeli settlers who have been armed and forcing out Palestinians from their legal homes? Or the settlers bulldozers moving in and clearing long established homes?

I hope you drive your car with your eyes more open. There is plenty of evidence, all validated, of the incursions, the thefts of land and home, and the expulsions of normal families who have lived in peace for decades.

Israel is going too far.

The small print.

The USA should stop funding Israel and cut them off until a cease fire is in place.  Additionally they reduce the funding until a two state solution is put in place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EGTE said:

Show me the evidence

I apologize for having a joke at your driving.

Please watch this:

Also this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67173344#:~:text=In one of the most,soldier appeared to look on.

And this:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/7/20/inside-the-eviction-of-palestinians-losing-their-jerusalem-home

And then there is:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2024/03/04/israel-west-bank-settlers-attacks-palestinians#:~:text=By September%2C 2023%2C the United,West Bank had been displaced.

The evidence against Israeli settlers encroaching on, and pushing out Palestinians from their legal homes and self owned land, is solid and factual and beyond refute.

I HAD every sympathy for Israel and Israeli's after the atrocious attack by Hamas. But a response that has seen well over innocent Palestinians 20,000 killed (women, children, men, and babies), more then 80,000 people injured and maimed (women, children, men and babies) is NOT a controlled and proportionate response. Add in to that the forced restrictions on aid being delivered, 1.1m directly affected by starvation and over 2m people being displaced from their homes and I would call it barbaric!

The small print.

Okay watched those videos and read the article.

The BBC one and the Al Jazeira pieces are about the West Bank.  The Al Jazeira one is the demolition of an illegal house.

There's no proof whatsoever of your assertion that Israelis are moving into Gaza.

You might want to watch this:, starting at 3:00 to save time:

Apologies, getting my Gaza and West Bank mixed up - however, the result is the same, Israeli settlers illegally displacing, harassing, and maiming lawful Palestinians, chasing them from their homes, bull dozing them, and clearing them for Israeli settlers to move in, illegally. What makes you think it won't happen in Gaza too?

What Israel is doing, right now, is, according to my morals and values, wrong and immoral, on so many foundations and fronts. I believe, that like with Russia, it is now all in support of one man (who as far as I know is under suspicion of breach of trust, fraud and bribery laws) who is desperate to retain a grip on power. This is, in my very humble opinion, no longer about justice for the victims of the heinous Hamas attack.

• Like 1

The small print.