Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 182 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Amen @Kimbers

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Now that @oneshot is great news and I would like to argue a great point of common sense law!  Why would any parent buy their 15 year old son a semi automatic gun and not expect consequences if it all goes to rat shit?

I'd like to see parents held more accountable for their kids actions. It might actually encourage, you know, parents, to take responsibility and, err, dare I say it, "parent"!

In this country, let's start with vandalism. The parents of the kids who vandalise public assets (schools, bus shelters, shop windows, etc) should be made to financially compensate the councils, businesses and people who are the victims, of what are often deemed to be, incorrectly, these victimless crimes. No ifs. No buts. No excuses. You pay the full cost of the repairs and reinstatement fort he damage your little offspring caused.

If you don't have the money, then the tax payer will pay. But in return, the parents need to pay off the debt through public service work at the rate of the minimum hourly wage. For every hour of public service, £11.44 is deducted from the bill. In return for losing their freedom and doing some graft for 14 hours at the weekend, the bill is reduced by  £160.16. Given that replacing the glass in  a vandalised bus shelter is likely to cost around £2k, that's just over 12 weekends of lost free time for the parent, for a 60 second act of mindless vandalism for their kid. Seems like a deterrent to me, especially as the parent would be wearing a bright orange overall for all that time whilst they were picking litter and dog shit up in public places, improving the community, over damaging the community spaces.

Our politicians though, are so weak and feeble, they would never go anywhere near something like this. But I bet you 90% of the UK's population would shout "hell yes" if that was a manifesto promise as people are just sick and tired of the lack of action against those that degrade and harm the communities they live in.

A total crack down on anti-social behaviour too - you wanna pull wheelies on the road, or scream around housing estates and town/city roads on your unlicensed e-bikes and scooters, without helmets? No problem. We'll empower the Police to ram you and knock you off, and if that results in serious injury or death, then the Police will not be held to account, for upholding the law. The great side effect, we'll get loads of young organs donated to people who need them and want to be a positive and productive member of society.

I best not run for Parliament, as no doubt I'd get locked up for policies like these, but, to be honest, we need to do something drastic to restore basic decency in standards, as right now, it's all going downhill, and fast.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Thanks @pete. Also for the bleeding hard liberalists, in my experience, a lot of the "mindless vandalism" is often done by the kids of "middle class" parents who are just bored. I think this is often over looked as everyone assumes it is kids from single parent families etc who get a lot of stigma, and not always correctly, as some single parents out there do a fantastic job under very harsh conditions, shaming the middle-class parents who are more interested in themselves, than what their kids are getting up to. Just an observation.

I just despair at the "news Story" @pete. A lot of this shit is being driven by "our" generation, and to be honest, amongst my peers and friends of my generation I just do not see the "angst" and "let down" over gender care. In fact, for the first 50 years of my life this has been a complete non-issue for EVERYONE that I have met, including people who have transitioned from one gender to another. It is almost like the "system" is encouraging gender issues, rather than just getting on and supporting those who need help, guidance and assistance. No wonder so many of our young people are confused, given the pressure we are putting them under re gender and roles.

9 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I just despair at the "news Story" @pete. A lot of this shit is being driven by "our" generation, and to be honest, amongst my peers and friends of my generation I just do not see the "angst" and "let down" over gender care. In fact, for the first 50 years of my life this has been a complete non-issue for EVERYONE that I have met, including people who have transitioned from one gender to another. It is almost like the "system" is encouraging gender issues, rather than just getting on and supporting those who need help, guidance and assistance. No wonder so many of our young people are confused, given the pressure we are putting them under re gender and roles.

Virtue signalling is a pejorative neologism for the idea that an expression of a moral viewpoint is being done disingenuously, with the intent of communicating good character.

So many people, such little time to show how woke they are that they have to put others down and accuse others of various things to make themselves look better. Look how many famous people have fallen foul of this for, actually, nothing wrong. Disney is well known for it.

Actor Gina Carano on Tuesday sued Lucasfilm and its parent The Walt Disney Co. over her 2021 firing from “The Mandalorian,”

The lawsuit alleges she was fired because she “dared voice her own opinions” against an “online bully mob who demanded her compliance with their extreme progressive ideology.”

She also mocked the use of gender pronouns in profiles, listing “beep/bop/boop” in her social media bio. She said this was not about mocking trans people but a “Star Wars” reference to R2-D2, and the lawsuit calls it “a playful way to defuse all the harassment she had received.” But she alleges the issue led to the company harassing her.

Gina Carano says Disney 'bullied' her after controversial posts: 'I'm going to go down swinging'

The lawsuit says Carano willingly took part in Zoom meetings with leaders of LGBTQ+ groups at the company’s behest with “very positive” results, but that Lucasfilm demanded a public apology in which she admitted “to mocking or insulting an entire group of people, which Carano had never done” and subjected her to other harassment over the issue.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

46 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Virtue signalling is a pejorative neologism for the idea that an expression of a moral viewpoint is being done disingenuously, with the intent of communicating good character.

I was comprehensively educated, what language is this. It does not compute. ;)

I hope this is just a "poor period" in time that we are going through. I know many openly gay people, a couple of trans, and one who going through gender reassignment. We never talk, or talked, about their sexuality, or gender, because we have no need to as at the end of the day we are just people. We talk about everything BUT these things, not because we are embarrassed about it, because there is nothing to say about it, again, as we're just people meeting, working, playing etc.

I do believe that all this noise that is coming out of certain quarters is actually harming their cause, rather than providing the opportunity for people to understand their cause. Yet again, the minority are dictating to the majority and making some pretty aggressive demands often. This is not, imvho, the right way to get people to engage in a positive manner.

3 hours ago, pete said:

Well said. Seems there is plenty of time for this though

BBC News - Hilary Cass: Weak evidence letting down children over gender care

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-68770641

At what point do we allow Children to make this choice? It is blinding obvious especially if you use real science (see child brain development), that a Childs brain is not really mature until at least 21 years old. Now we say 18 here in this country but the brain doesn't finish developing till at least 21 and the last feature to develop is a danger/threat/damage sense, hence the male idiot theory, high % of late teens being injured in idiotic stunts etc etc.

How can we, in one hand, say there is proof their minds will change up to 21/22 yet allow them to hold back their bodies natural development and in some cases change gender irrevocably? 

I say this as a man with a Gay son who was dating a Trans person and it's a genuine question I am interested in a sound argument for allowing it backed by science.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

• Gold FFM

My 11yo granddaughter had not a single thought in her head about gender transition until the school went to great lengths to ram it down the kids' throats that it was OK to be trans.  Thereafter she spent a few months wanting to be trans, until she realised that she didn't.  Meanwhile one of her class decided she was trans, and insisted on new pronouns.  Amber failed to use them and got into trouble for it.

The power of suggestion.

• Sad 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

So many things happen these days that someone of my age finds incomprehensible, and those of my late parents age must be in despair.

• Like 1

Frightening

Geo Fencing and Geo Timing - well that's new.  It's definitely something that makes you think.  

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

8 hours ago, Sparky said:

My 11yo granddaughter had not a single thought in her head about gender transition until the school went to great lengths to ram it down the kids' throats that it was OK to be trans.  Thereafter she spent a few months wanting to be trans, until she realised that she didn't.  Meanwhile one of her class decided she was trans, and insisted on new pronouns.  Amber failed to use them and got into trouble for it.

The power of suggestion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Frightening

Just imagine, in a crisis, China decides to make all their EVs in Europe and/or US come to a sudden stop. Instant chaos, especially if their numbers keep increasing. A while back there was concern that Chinese made solar panels could be turned off remotely. Not only by the installer (to do service or whatever), but also from the factory. Given China de facto control over part of our power grid.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.