Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 161 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

Eeek, I believe that's a concentric slave.  Good luck!

• Sad 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
4 hours ago, windymiller said:

jeez took the vivaro for a mot with fingers crossed that it would be painless, failed on a couple of small things (sigh of relief) then lost all the brakes on drive home 😞 reckon the brake test has fooked sommit

My bets are on a rear flexi 

• Sad 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Haha, mea culpa, I read clutch instead of brake.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Have we really reached a point where "I had to bath my children in the kitchen sink" becomes a Headline? 

I mean...... AND? I was bathed in the kitchen sink and so were my kids. It saves on filling a whole bath for a young child and is safer and less time consuming. F***ing grow up you entitled bunch of idiots. "Oh I have to save money instead of using a whole bath of water to bathe my baby". 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-64213649

As for this.............. Holy F*** what is the world coming to? 

Yeah! How very dare you try and have normal human interaction face to face!! Get back home and interact on headsets. What a world we live in!

"Pupils at two schools in Essex have been banned from having any physical contact while at school.

Parents and carers at Hylands School in Chelmsford were told in a letter the ban included "any aggressive contact", "hugging" and "holding hands".

Southchurch High School in Southend wrote "students are not allowed to touch each other", with performing arts, sport and PE the only exceptions."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-64237779?at_ptr_name=facebook_page&at_campaign=Social_Flow&at_bbc_team=editorial&at_medium=social&at_format=link&at_link_origin=BBC_News%3A_East_of_England&at_link_id=F12D489C-9257-11ED-A752-3B83FC756850&at_campaign_type=owned&at_link_type=web_link&fbclid=IwAR0wD48i__y5EdV4U78lbigD05efHBhnUGFeRj65gzF4Sd1vjqWY9PhOqgs

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Sadly, My last Elite project went off too a new home yesterday. I'm happy in the fact that she has gone to a real enthusiast. But, it would only have taken the slightest nudge for me to have kept this one. On a happy note, her new location is only a couple of miles from the McLaren facility just outside Woking. We had to drive past it and it put a huge grin on my face to see had bad the huge sign was on the outside perimeter of their side. Great big illuminated white sign that you couldn't tell what was on it. A prodigious site with a cheap crappy sign. I was soooo tempted to stop and take a pic with the Elite in front of it. Pity it was so near a roundabout. LOl

I'm sorry to hear of your health issues both Liz and yourself.  Completely understand your predicament and the actions you're taking.  Thank you for sharing your story.  It's good that you were able to own and drive your dream car for 15 years.   

• Love 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

It looks very much like the S4 will be going to its new owner. Some paperwork to sort out and that will be it.

Next chapter. :) 

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Hi Michael. I know you have pondered about selling the Esprit for a good few years anow, and I guess time has come for reality to take over. Lets hope your 15 years of Lotus ownership leaves you with many good memories and that the short run you had in my S3 while you were in Aviemore, touring Scotland a few years back was also a time of enjoyment. All the best to you and Liz.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Good luck with everything in the future @ramjet. We are all but temporary custodians of these fantastic examples of engineering. You have all your amazing memories with the car to cherish. 

• Like 2

Only here once

1 hour ago, windymiller said:

eldest lab had a stroke last night poor gurl 😞 better news this orning though as she has started to walk abit better and had a drink😚

Alan, 

Very sorry to hear about your girl.  How do you know it was stroke as opposed to a seizure?  I know this is hard to experience when your dog is in distress.  Please let us know how she's doing.  

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

vets said if she had a siezure that lasted for less than 5 mins she should be fine ? so although still wobbly she took herself outside for a wee (lab not wife) she had a bit to eat and seemed usual lab type i dont even taste it i eat so quick, any after care things we can do bogle ? 

@windymillerWe had an Aussie that had a seizure (we believe it was a Vestibular seizure) a while back. This happened over night so we do not know how bad it was but in the morning she was terrified - couldn't stand properly, unable to walk without falling over, didn't really know what was happening to her, etc.. Over a week or so she became used to the 'new normal', doorways could be a bit of a challenge as she could miss them and life went on. Over time she got a little better each day until she was pretty much back to normal (bouncing and rolling for fun was still a bit of a challenge but it didn't stop her) and she went on to live a long and happy life.

Here's hoping your girl has a good recovery and she recovers well, it just takes time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, windymiller said:

vets said if she had a siezure that lasted for less than 5 mins she should be fine ? so although still wobbly she took herself outside for a wee (lab not wife) she had a bit to eat and seemed usual lab type i dont even taste it i eat so quick, any after care things we can do bogle ? 

Watch her to see if she experiences any further seizures.  If this repeats itself, there's a possibility of epilepsy.  Some of these epileptic attacks are mild and only last a minute or so and the dog recovers relatively quickly.  Others are called Grand Mal Seizures which are sometimes overwhelming to see and recovery times are much longer.  Epileptic attacks if they persist can be managed by prescription medications for canines.  The fact that your Lab recovered quickly suggests a very mild seizure.  It may or may not return.  I would contact your breeder to inform them of the situation.  In 22 years of breeding Aussies, I have witnessed a few dogs with epileptic seizures.  I would certainly want to know if an owner's animal experienced a seizure and monitor the situation.  Breeding is about breeding traits you wish to keep and identifying traits which you want to discard.  Our breeding program is based on generations of dogs which are given thorough medical exams (i.e. eyes, hips elbows using OFA or Penn Hip testing) and DNA testing.  Currently, we have an owner who is a geneticist attempting to isolate the gene sequencing for cataracts.  Our hope is to eliminate cataracts in all Aussies and possibly other herding breeds.  Goldens and Labs are prone to hip dysplasia while Aussies are prone to cataracts.   Epilepsy is found in many breeds and there's no cure or genetic test for identification as far as I'm aware.  Hopefully, our geneticist may get around to in her upcoming years of studies and research.  

Please note that I'm a breeder and not a licensed vet tech or medical profession (I do spend a lot of time around them especially when it comes to breeding).

Hope this helps a little.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, march said:

@windymillerWe had an Aussie that had a seizure (we believe it was a Vestibular seizure) a while back. This happened over night so we do not know how bad it was but in the morning she was terrified - couldn't stand properly, unable to walk without falling over, didn't really know what was happening to her, etc.. Over a week or so she became used to the 'new normal', doorways could be a bit of a challenge as she could miss them and life went on. Over time she got a little better each day until she was pretty much back to normal (bouncing and rolling for fun was still a bit of a challenge but it didn't stop her) and she went on to live a long and happy life.

Here's hoping your girl has a good recovery and she recovers well, it just takes time.

Marc,

Thank you for posting your Vestibular information about your Aussie.  First of all, it must have been alarming to see these side effects with your dog.  I agree with your suspected diagnosis of Vestibular seizure due to the length of time it took for your dog to recover.  Whereas an epileptic seizure recovery time is typically within minutes to hours (not days or longer).  Glad she returned to normal over time.  Did you take her to the vet after seeing the symptoms?