Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 138 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

ah so jeez 13 months after my father in law suffered a bad stroke which left him in hospital  for 8 months, today he has collapsed again and been rushed to hospital, julie is with him and i can just hope and pray for the best because weve just had constant family shite for far too long 😒

• Sad 3

The Liverpool bomber had twice been refused asylum ,once in 2013 and then in 2017. So why was he still here

• Sad 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

No shortage of stories like that is there @pete.

the Tories have a massive majority - we are out of the EU now - wtf is the excuse. I’ll not be voting for them again the way it’s going.

Only here once

I have to agree with you however I think under any other government they would all be granted asylum

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Hang on @PaulCP the tories have a massive majority and can change the laws to fix this issue.

frankly how they are allowing murderers and rapists to appeal deportation whom at trial were told they would be deported after they have served their sentence is beyond me.

• Like 1

Only here once

I’m sure they could change the laws but look at the outcry there would be from that fantastic Labour Party, whose purpose in life atm is just to criticise every Tory word rather than be an effective opposition, & all of the other do gooders.

It would need massive balls to do it and I don’t think they will feel that it is worth the hassle

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Unless they start to act I do fear that the rise of the new right party will be meteoric. It’s taken a while with the electoral commission desperately holding them back - but there’s a new party on the block and they are rattling cages on the socials.

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...

East 17. Stay another day. It’s not a fecking Christmas song, why do we have to be subjected to this awful dirge every year :angry:

• Love 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

When we bought our place in 2005 I definitely saw the title deeds for it at the solicitors office.

just spoken to the bank to get them released and they haven’t got them - please contact the conveyance solicitors. Hmmm fantastic he was done for vat fraud in 2010🤪

after a few phonecalls im directed to the SRA whom confirm they removed all documents from said premises and I’ve now had to fill a form out to see if they can recover them from the archives. 

it’s not an issue since it’s all done electronically now I’m told - but since our house is circa 1650s - there’s some historical significance to that paperwork for me and future owners of the place - I’ll be gutted if they have vanished into the ether.

• Sad 1

Only here once

Absolutely fed up with the excuses companies are making for not meeting their commitments (mainly COVID related. So far this week.

1. Sainsbury's have cancelled our food order at the last minute 3 times with absolutely no explanation this week. So we are currently on our latest phone call to the helpline (last one was 1 3/4 hours long) to sort out what the f is going on.

2. Boiler service for our year old boiler cancelled at the last minute - service now delayed from December to March! Raised issue about warranty with Bosch and possible alternative service engineer - absolutely no response.

3. Builders booked in to finish simple job - delayed 3 times and only found out when they didn't turn up.

4. Amazon Prime next day delivery seems to be next 4 days - not sure why the hell we are paying for this service.

And this is just the latest in a list of the f' you attitude companies seem to be able to adopt since the start of Covid and it seems to be completely acceptable. When we were finishing the kitchen this year the amount of faulty parts we received was unbelievable, the builders stated this was normal since the start of Covid (and the companies were blaming Covid) so not only do companies not need to meet their commitments they don't even need to provide working stuff. But Hey that's OK it's Covid.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, march said:

2. Boiler service for our year old boiler cancelled at the last minute - service now delayed from December to March! Raised issue about warranty with Bosch and possible alternative service engineer - absolutely no response.

We had a similar issue with BG back in Sept. Received a text the day before our boiler service to say it had been cancelled & rescheduled for January.

I called customer services and asked why the late cancellation and long timeframe for rescheduling, especially when the boiler which they guarantee was out of warranty in Oct. I got the usual Covid excuse but, after a short while of insisting that they extended the warranty, they magically decided that they could use a sub contractor to do the service in 2 days time!

@PaulCP my mothers boiker service was cancelled BG and rescheduled to January a few weeks back. The excuse was too many breakdowns so engineers were busy 

I called BG on her behalf, asking the polite Indian Call Centre lady to reinstigate the original appointment as my mother was on their vulnerable customers register.

She kept on scolding me for not listening to her telling me they had an engineer shortage. I just responded each time with "yes, I heard you, but you are not listening to me saying it is not acceptable so hand me tou your manager and please don't disconnect as I know all your calls are recorded".  After almost 10 minutes of this she relented and put me on hold. Then came back to confirm the original appointment. Shocking customer service from BG part 1.

Engineer turned up, did service. Left. My mother called me she had no hot water or heating just as the weather was turning nasty cold. Fook.

Called BG. Sorry no engineers it will be 2-3 days. I politely told them not good enough. Mother on vulnerable customer list, health issues etc. "Tell her to go buy a heater we will refund" was the response. Hmmm. She does not drive. Has mobility issues how will that work? 10 minute discussion on how it wasn't an option.  Explained again I did not believe in coincidence. They're engineer had messed up get him back. All very polite but firm. Upshot was engineer (different one) was back in 4 hours. Issue fixed (confirmed other engineer had fooked up) all sorted.

British Gas - customer service - well, only if you politely insist and refuse to shut up ir go away.

Shoddy, shite, service but blame the managers, not the staff.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Been out to buy a drain rod set and had to unclog the sewer pipes in the garden, with a hangover. Epic! 

had Sparky fell in it

• Gold FFM

Discovering that bloody Zoom meetings seem to be based out of the USA. So when my wife joined two Zoom meetings on separate days to a hospital 25 minutes away, the calls were to an overseas number, of which we were not aware.

We have challenged the cost with the provider and after them quite possibly not understanding what we were questioning, they said that the calls should have been charged at $1/minute. The bill is nowhere near that amount for the calls. The phone company said that didn't make sense either. If we end up getting charged $1/minute, I'll be even more unhappy and the hospital that Liz rang will be getting an unhappy phone call.

Recommendation: don't use Zoom. Ripoff in my books.

• Sad 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

All the Zoom meetings we have had at our house go through the internet - no phone line involved.

• Gold FFM

I'm sorry, someone uses a voice line to use Zoom???

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

28 minutes ago, Sparky said:

I'm sorry, someone uses a voice line to use Zoom???

Yes, you can click an option to "dial in" as opposed to the usual Voice Over IP connection through your broadband. @ramjet, I'd check that this wasn't a case of user error (I know, it is real.ly hard to explain to a wife, a woman, that THEY might have done something wrong and we all know it will still be your fault anyway!) before you shout at the hospital.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!