Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 111 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Credit card had refunded our cruise money. Cruise line went into receivership. The administrators have (obviously) said they won’t refund the CC company, so they have now recharged the money. Never mind that they are responsible for it under the consumers credit act. Now got ABTA saying, you paid by CC they are responsible and the credit card saying claim from ABTA.

i can see this being a right pain in the arse. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

Simply tell the CC you ain’t interested and it’s their problem not yours - they will try all sorts of crap - but it really is their issue

Only here once

I have “feel free to complain in writing”. Now I’m going to do it in writing and warn them that the next letter goes to the ombudsman. 

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM
37 minutes ago, Colin P said:

I have “feel free to complain in writing”. Now I’m going to do it in writing and warn them that the next letter goes to the ombudsman. 

Ring cc company - you ain’t had what you contracted and paid for - they are jointly liable - you ain’t paying. Tell them politely to feck off and to lodge a dispute. It’s common practice for them to fob you off the first time 

Only here once

2 hours ago, Colin P said:

Credit card had refunded our cruise money. Cruise line went into receivership. The administrators have (obviously) said they won’t refund the CC company, so they have now recharged the money. Never mind that they are responsible for it under the consumers credit act. Now got ABTA saying, you paid by CC they are responsible and the credit card saying claim from ABTA.

i can see this being a right pain in the arse. 

As @Barrykearley said @Colin P. Remind your credit card company that they are liable, section 75 iirc, as the services paid for have not been delivered. They pay you and it is their problem to get it back from the bank/receivers not yours.  You just need to gently "remind" them of the law and their obligations. It's a bit like with Insurance companies, sometimes, you just need to give them a jolly good kick up the arse to fire their processes into action. And you know all about those....  

7 minutes ago, Ali tuck said:

Not in her eyes- get a woman with the bit between her teeth,look out!

Not sure about looking out, sounds bloody painful and I'd have my eyes closed whilst screaming like a baby fresh out of the womb!

• Haha 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Ring cc company - you ain’t had what you contracted and paid for - they are jointly liable - you ain’t paying. Tell them politely to feck off and to lodge a dispute. It’s common practice for them to fob you off the first time 

I did. Exactly that. Reminded them of S75. They basically told me go get stuffed and lodge a complaint. So I will then straight up ombudsman. 

• Confused 1

• Gold FFM

Refuse to pay, lodge a dispute and complain straight to the ombudsman. Simple.

they cannot charge you interest on a disputed amount - you ain’t had what you paid for - it’s clear cut

Only here once

9 hours ago, Colin P said:

I did. Exactly that. Reminded them of S75. They basically told me go get stuffed and lodge a complaint. So I will then straight up ombudsman. 

The first time round, was it a claimback via the card? If so, then it's "right" what the travel company administrators and the credit card company did. Then you need to do the claim under section 75, not a complaint about the original charge-back.

The two clams are very different, the former is rather like stopping a cheque where you say the payment shouldn't happen for whatever reason (excl fraud), the travel company then say "no it was authorised by the card holder, here's the proof and we don't want to refund the money"  whereas section 75 is all about the credit card company's (lender's) equal responsibility to ensure that the goods /services are delivered at the right time standard etc.

Edit: Also, you must go through, or have attempted to go through the credit card company's complaint process to the stage of them issuing (or you having asked for but not rec'd) a deadlock/final response letter from them.

Edited by andydclements
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Or just go to a Section 75 claim straight away for goods/services not recieved. The claimback is more for Debit Cards is it not where the full"protection" you get is much lower than a CC.

Also Claimback is tougher on time to act. Leave it too long after the transaction your liable to get nothing 

I had a claim a few months ago for a 3 year service plan on my Evora and dealer went bust . CC company said my claim was too late for Claimback (8 months) on the phone I just said not my problem. I'm actually making a S75 claim for services not received. Under S75 you are liable. They tried to say it would be dependent upon them claiming back from the dealers bank and again I just said that is YOUR issue with vendors bank. Under S75 your liable so pay up. They did.

It's a battle they know they will use but they try to fob you off. As I said, they operate like Insurance Co's.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

57 minutes ago, andydclements said:

The first time round, was it a claimback via the card? If so, then it's "right" what the travel company administrators and the credit card company did. Then you need to do the claim under section 75, not a complaint about the original charge-back.

The two clams are very different, the former is rather like stopping a cheque where you say the payment shouldn't happen for whatever reason (excl fraud), the travel company then say "no it was authorised by the card holder, here's the proof and we don't want to refund the money"  whereas section 75 is all about the credit card company's (lender's) equal responsibility to ensure that the goods /services are delivered at the right time standard etc.

Edit: Also, you must go through, or have attempted to go through the credit card company's complaint process to the stage of them issuing (or you having asked for but not rec'd) a deadlock/final response letter from them.

I didn't make it clear, the bit about going through to deadlock etc, that's if you want the Financial Services Ombudsman to look at the complaint. 

That only has merit if you already claimed under Section 75 for the reason that @C8RKH has said about the chargeback process.

• Like 1

I claimed under S75. I am not sure however that they accepted it that way as opposed to a charge back. They have obviously tried to do a charge back, however that is not what I asked for. 

I have put in through their complaints procedure making it clear that the original claim was a S75 claim. In any case when I spoke to them there was no doubt that it was S75 I was referring and that still didn’t stop them saying it wasn’t their problem. They even had the temerity to suggest ABTA were unnecessarily putting obstacles in my way to avoid paying !

Anyway the complaint is in snc very clearly referencing S75 and their responsibilities. 

@C8RKH I’m not taking the bait :P

• Like 1

On 19/11/2020 at 19:09, top-plumber said:

Not all straight outta uni Pete. 
agree with the rest of your statement ✌️

And this brickwork was passed by an insurance inspector

IMG-20201203-WA0001.thumb.jpg.f18945d2bf43c346f3b15a51d6c59265.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

@pete and you can see that, ever wonder why the fire barriers don’t work? I walked anyway in the end even though it was a massive part of my business, I have for the record never seen a fire barrier intact apart when we done the FT years ago and the site manager was brilliant and anal. 

• Gold FFM
15 minutes ago, Ali tuck said:

I cannot believe that is on a new build house- is that a genuine pic- if so that’s outrageous 

Sadly all to common on persimmon sites.

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...

Hockey Club is now in Tier 3, we live in Tier 2, so after two weeks back at hockey after the lockdown, all comes to a stop again.

@thebartman You guys still in T2? 

It's about this date I'd be thinking about how great the TLF xmas do was and how good it was to catch up with people.

Hopefully, next year peeps!

The small print.

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

I ain't gettin' in no van.

But I just got it ready for our NC500 trip together!

image.jpeg.5fd4497150ee4a67911dfee5324e4137.jpeg

• Haha 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

I still have nightmares about our last van triste.  And the driver, Jeez.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.