Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 119 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

This is what our wonderful lot decided to do last year - add a cycle lane to both sides of one of the roads into the town centre, just appeared during lockdown 1.

Never seen any cyclist in it, and if you follow the road over the railway, you get this shot

You can no longer enter the car park from this entrance, and yes, that is a cyclist - on the pavement.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

photographic evidence of a cyclist having used the cycle lane :P and yes there is a directional arrow and dropped kerb directing cyclists onto the pavement.😀

Interesting, so if said cyclist followed the directions and hit a pedestrian who would be liable? The cyclist or the council?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

It is very common in WGC for the cycle lanes to be on the pavement.

1 minute ago, ChrisJ said:

It is very common in WGC for the cycle lanes to be on the pavement.

And yet the law says it is unlawful and an offence for cyclists to ride on the pavement!  Not that many cyclists give a shit about the law. They just make it up to suit themselves as they go usually.

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The pavement outside my house is one of the rare ones that isn't a shared cycle/footpath, but that doesn't seem to stop them - mostly children who will have been taught to ride on the pavement.

We have a 7/8 ft high hedge and are on a the inside of a bend - so impossible to see what is coming. I am always very wary of coming out of my drive as they cyclists do come at quite a pace across the entrance. Luckily, I am able to use part of the the next door neighbours drive to reverse into before sticking my nose out, so the cyclists "should" be able to see the car before I pull out.

Should start a new topic - stupid cycle lanes

408758c780b37393711a2d2580456270--cycle-

Not WGC (I think)

6e968c70b74da2056ba4d68a382072d3.jpg

• Sad 1

They did this in King street Maidstone a year ago, ripped it out a couple of months back , total cost £70k down the toilet.   Nobody ever used it.   Wasting public money like that on an ego trip should be a sackable offence.   Nobody thought repeated speed humps on a cycle lane might mean cyclists use the road like normal.   

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/unpopular-cycle-lane-to-go-240607/

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

If it's still in the key, be happy.

And anyway...

16207261129817320541167275178281.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Loosen it slightly.  Slightly.  Then very gently tap it around with a long screwdriver and the heel of your (unbandaged) hand.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Is it this you are wanting to do?5F320202-E3EF-407F-BA00-2096FF3D3835.thumb.jpeg.5251d8b17f832b31084d370258bedb70.jpeg

if so - seriously I’d just crack on

Bit more to it than that. It’s 12metres along the front. 

B16B8A36-3A43-4250-A208-7C975B876FC7.jpeg

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

3 hours ago, Buddsy said:

You knows it!

Seriously whos idea was that? Jeremy beadle? :lol:

Ive not got the biggest hands in the world.

Old spanner hands - @andydclements must have to get someone into do it for him!

buddsy

It's simple, have a G-body car but an SE engine, or and Excel where access is easier.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Colin P said:

Bit more to it than that. It’s 12metres along the front. 

B16B8A36-3A43-4250-A208-7C975B876FC7.jpeg

FFS!  Really @Colin P. Your proposed new design/solution just looks a million times better, even when wonky on the page!  It really is people like this woman in the Council who just gives Councils in general such a poor reputation. I mean anyone can see that her "objections" were just plain incorrect, incompetent even!  

• Like 1

The small print.