Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 12 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Be well big man. Wishing you the very best mate.

• Like 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Crikey, Just caught up with this Ian. Hope you are ok mate.

My Wife deals with a lot of TIA's and she calls them a "Shot across the bows".

Hopefully they can find the cause and you can get back to driving!

Big hugs big man!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Crikey, Ian....like Kimbers I've just caught up with this. Glad you've recovered....scary stuff. A similar thing happened to a friend of mine, and he drove himself to hospital. They told him that most people die of what happened to him....he's fine, now!! Look after yourself.....

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

Thanks chaps. Honestly I am and feel 100% again right now - especially as the results came back good and am driving again now - it's as if nothing at all had happened. The only one little niggle is, what caused it, and will it happen again, neither of which are questions I have got answers to.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

My dad fully recovered within a few hours although ended up in hospital for weeks trying to actually find a reason for it happening for which they didn't ever find anything.

The single biggest ongoing problem my dads TIA had caused is meeting the ex-wife, his nurse!!! Now that problem has hung around like a bad smell for years!!!!!!

Chunky Lover

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:censored:

I should be at Goodwood right now on a trackday.   :thumbdown:

BUT - when topping off the oil this morning (at 5:30) I forgot to put the oil cap back on ....  so blasting down the first A road - what's that cloud of smoke behind me. :smoke:

I don't think I've done any harm - only had to top up with 1 1/2 litres, but thought best to return home rather that thrash around a track.

:realmad:   

Chris

I've followed a Turbo Esprit where that happened, not pretty inside the engine bay but it's not spurting the oil directly out, it's just the spray from the cams slapping in the oil, I doubt you've done any harm other than cause a bit of clean-up work.

I think I've probably burnt it all off :thumbsup: I certainly was stinking of oil from where I was mopping it up - glad I had a roll of kitchen paper in the car.

I also think I might have done it once before as I remember telling myself to put the bl00dy cap back on -although why I didn;t do it this morning .............

Oh well, Duxford tomorrow.

Chris

CHANGE THE CAMBELT!!!!!!!!! I did the same thing, leaving off the oil cap, and it ended badly. I thought I had cleaned all the oil off the cambelt....but it resulted in the belt slipping teeth around the toothed pulleys and altering the cam timing until the inlet valves hit the pistons. SO I would recommend a new cambelt and a very, very careful cleanup.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Feel like firebombing the Met office, or whoever interprets their info for BBC weather. After days of being told it would pee down all day weekend I didn't go to a classic car show at Ripon, usually quite a nice event. The "forecast" changed from big rainclouds yesterday to little fluffy clouds today, and we actually had bright sinshine.

I fear the weather people are erring on the pessimistic side deliberately so they can't be blamed for bad weather, but what they do is dissuade you from planning anything!

How these people expect us to believe they can predict global warming decades hence when they can't get tomorrow right is beyond me.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Gold FFM

I'm 10 miles from the National Met office. If somebody looked out of their window, it would be more correct than some of their forecasts we get.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Not my week again with the Esprit. Stopped to make a phone call. When I set off, 1/2 mile down the road, the brakes suddenly became stuck on. Pulled off asap and called the RAC,

They arrived an hour later, by which time he brake had unstuck itself. However, he could see where the disk had been binding, so gave it a good seeing to.

He decided to follow me home as I was only 10 miles or so away. Going onto the A10, changing up to 4th, the handbrake stuck on again - I hadn't touched the handbrake in the mile or so since restarting :(

He had never seen this before. Again he freed it off, and a I carried on cautiously home, which I made with no problem.

Can back to Newmarket next weekend.

Chris

That's the handrake self adjusting mechanism. It can do really weird stuff......

Weird is right.

However, was only the offside that was sticking, which has a "new" (December) refurbished calliper in it. It had to go back to the refurbishers about 5 times before it worked. Guess it's going back a sixth time now.

The handbrake cables can cause the brakes to do daft things too...