Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 13 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Another Ferrari driver waving at me. It's not a Ferrari you morons! The person was driving a new Ferrari and clearly didnt know much about cars.

And strangely Lotus drivers around here rarely waive back. Maybe I just put a Ferrai badge on the front of mine and be done with it.

Bet you wish he had....!!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Another Ferrari driver waving at me. It's not a Ferrari you morons! The person was driving a new Ferrari and clearly didnt know much about cars.

And strangely Lotus drivers around here rarely waive back. Maybe I just put a Ferrai badge on the front of mine and be done with it.

I wave at other marques occasionally, mostly people wave back, ( I'm quite choosy! ), the most unlikely to return a wave seems to be Caterham drivers. I usually give them the benefit of the doubt  as they're probably too busy picking flies out their teeth.

Perhaps your friendly Ferrari driver is an ex Lotus owner, exploring the joys of a new marque, or maybe a new lottery winner out to share his good fortune by giving £100k to the first person that returns his wave?  :animier:

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

I came across a Caterham the other weekend when I was in the Elise and was unsure of the protocol. They waved at me so I waved back. Simples!

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Driving to work in the Vauxhall, the exhaust clamp came loose and the flexi came disconnected from the front downpipe, so a bit of noise resulted. Get home, move cars about and drive the car up the see-saw ramps. I hadn't allowed for where the jack was placed, the see-saw ramps came down at the front causing the jack handle to end up perfectly aligned with the radiator, so buggering that up by causing it to leak.

The super annoying tree that was rubbing on the gutter above my bed, sounding like a rusty old farm gate blowing open in the breeze...  Had to go up just now at almost midnight to cut some branches off!

That's not the only thing that made me unhappy today, but I don't really want to talk about it.  At least not until I have time to figure out what the hell went wrong.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Totally barf.....

Finally got around to taking the turkey and wedding cake out of the chest freezer.

That may not sound so bad, but.....

They've been in there for 5 years.

Still not so bad?

They've been defrosted and refrozen at least a dozen times when the electrics tripped and there's been no one at home.

Still not so bad?

The cable to the shed burned through when I had a BBQ 2 months ago. Since then the turkey has been decomposing and is significantly decomposed.

Both cake and turkey were sloshing around in a thick liquidy sludge and the stench, well I've no idea how to describe it!

Wish I'd taken a photo to show you all how squishingly delightful it was in there.

All not quadruple bagged and in the wheelie bin.

Half a bottle of "domestos pink power" now in there and slowly filling it up with kettles of boiling water and after a few of them, top it up with how water out of the tap. Then relax to the rest of the shed clearing and leave it for a few hours to stew away.

Hoping to be able to revive the old girl. She works well and is good for the beer at party time! :D

Chunky Lover

:(

Waiting for a call from the Emergency vets to take Ebony down pronto....

She's ran up a bank in the garden with a piece of bamboo in her mouth, it stuck in the bank and wedged deep down inner throat, the injury is so deep, even with moving her tongue out of the way you can't see the point of entry :(

And today was going so well, hope she's gonna be ok..... :(

Chunky Lover

Thats horrible mate. Hope all goes well xx

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Thanks guys. No news yet still.

Was told, if I haven't heard anything by 9pm to give them a call. Half hour and I should know something.

My parents have come up to keep me company for now.

Feel a bit weirdly numb. I treat her as if she's my little girl, kinda filing the void a bit from Layla.

Hope she's ok :(

Chunky Lover

• Gold FFM

Fingers crossed for you bud. They do do the strangest unexpected things when out playing/running about. Hoping it's good news when you get some Si.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Thanks Ian

Still nothing. I called and they were handing over to the night shift. She's been pushed back a bit because of some other immediately critical emergencies and she's having pain relief and is stable right now.

Best case is she's just scratched her throat.

Worst case is she's done a lot of permanent damage to her throat which could affect her ability to eat.

The latter is a very very scary thought indeed.

The injury is so far back in her throat that it can't be seen and she will need to be put under general anaesthetic for them to do more investigations. It's pretty scary.

Her head must have been pointing fairly well up when the bamboo struck the bank so it got forced all the way back until something stopped it from going any further. She was running flat out at the time. :(

Chunky Lover

She's all clear...

She was very lucky apparently with the wound, could have been so much worse. She struggled to come around from the anaesthetic which was a bit of a concern.

Debbie, who happens to be quite hot, knows Ebony really well and said she was really pleased to see her when she got into work this morning and will be keeping a special eye on her for me :)

• Like 1

Chunky Lover

Glad to hear your dog is better Simon!

A black lab that I sometimes watch for a girl (coincidentally named Debbie) got into some raisins a while ago and spent a week close to death in the ICU at the vet!  He's better now!

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Realising that brush painting 420 metres of thermowood tongue and groove with one coat of wood stain, and two top coats of UV protection is going to take a very, very long time. There's 127 lengths of the stuff, and it's taken me an hour and a half to do just 16 of them, FFS!

Margate Exotics.

just to make you more unhappy one of the advantages of thermowood is that it does not need any treatment but once you have it will need doing regularly

hindsight: the science that is never wrong