Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 15 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

The start of a root canal on the tooth to the right beside my front teeth

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Found out today that I am missing out on the 3 hour PE endurance race at the end of the month because I have a bachelor party (one of the "best men???" so cannot not go) and then missing out on the 3hour endurance race in Cape Town the following weekend because of the Wedding! Thats two events my little Birkin would have done really well in. Balls...

So a very apt thread to pop up now. 

Hope the root canal goes well ramjet.

Got rather pissed when I was told, that the local administration in the town hall have decided to close Down my Work place in august 2016. We'll fight to stay alive untill then at least. But trying to convince politicians? That is harder than trying to talk over a thief not to rake a bag of Money at the street....  pigs!

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Sucks to hear man, hope you make it out ok.

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

I've heard of siphoning petrol Dan, but brake fluid? Some people must be pretty desperate.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Windows 8 and 8.1. It's so bad made that it simply cries to the Heavens. Seriously, it's a load of crap. I wan my old 7 back, but cannot install it on my Work pc. ARGH!!!

What on Earth does stupid children smart phones have to do on a pc? Right: NOTHING!

Get those stupid sliding date and time, changed menus and tiles OUT OF MY PC!

Microsnot, get your act together and finetune win 7.

Man, I am looking forward to win 10 (to be like win7) or I will set fire to my original win 8 software and record that on video for youtube.

Mocrosnot lost it, they don't get it, and they developed something so far away from being usefull, that they deserved to be closed Down forever.

Jacques,

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Try this - Classic Shell - returns the "proper" start menu.

At first I was like you - I thought it was a stupid, stupid change. However, I switched at home as I wanted to use the latest Visual Studio, and it required W8 for phone software development.

I've grown to like it and I've switched all our home PCs over to it - although still on XP at work. The only thing that pisses me off about it is IE11 - you cannot paste into posts - I'm having to use FireFox for this reply as the link above won't paste in IE, and it also crashes when viewing videos.

Chris

• Gold FFM

As it's Sunday afternoon here on Sunshine Island and we have come just enjoyed another superb Sunday lunch of Roast Beef with all the trimmings, home roasted potatoes, home made Yorkshire puddings and mushy peas and fresh mixed vegetables, this we all sat down and ate as one big happy family, this was directly after our traditional Sunday visit to the local church for our weekly service which was carried in in English, Kazkhak, Russian, Romanian and Doric we are now going to sit by the open fire with a large glass of Brandy for the men and Port or Wine for the ladies so I thought I would just ping you a quick, Happy Sunday message.

Then the wife replies, you idiot you must be dreaming, you are still in Kazakhstan at work.

• Gold FFM

It's strange what boredom can do to the mind especially when you have hopefully only 5 days to get to get back to wet dreich Scotland. Some real food and the Mrs of course, well she wants me home to fix her Elan. One week away from home and she broke it.

• Gold FFM

Thanks Simon, down side is I am away again just before Christmas so be home in time to put up the decorations and back they day they are due to come down, and no celebrations in between, nowt, nothing zilch. God am I going to make up for it when I get home though, Christmas and New Years part all rolled into one.

Have a good one.

• Like 1

Hi john .Long story Still waiting for rad to go back in .brackets needed work .Because it's now a 3row rad not 2.Doing away with the air con and using the air con rad for extra charge cooling.Also started stripping the wheels.Already polished 3rims now doing the complete wheels.Missing the car .Then 2 new oil coolers being fitted.the guy doing the rad is a friend so I just have to wait lol.All the best John Mike

• Gold FFM

Keep it up bud and she will be ready for the fine weather coming back, My S4 is now parked up for the winter and as we have no snow yet I think I put her on sorn a month to early, could have had more fun with her this time home.

Tried to take Elite this morning for brakes leak to be fixed.

Not expecting starting probs. as none since car was "fixed" and new plugs fitted in Sept. Started fine last Sunday ! 

Engine  "caught" for a few secs then turned over .. and over....and over......wouldn`t start. Fuel pump clicking away uselessly. Noticed I`d left choke out since last drive, wonder if that`s flooded it ?