Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 16 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

To start flooded engine....Cjoke IN, apply full throttle, crank away. Loads of air goes through and dries out the plugs... when it fires, use the throttle and/or choke to keep her going. In your case, I think I'd check for sparks and fuel flow before you try again.

Now to MY misery. Blasted laptop has corrupted a file AGAIN... Same one... it won't load the operating system but comes up with a "<windows root>\system\hal.dll" corrupt warning. Last time I had to reload the whole of XP (yes, still using that!) and lost everything... took me days to find most of it; never did get the audio drivers back. I think the hard disc has got too many corrupted sectors after a hard, hard six years of use. So I'm on the reserve laptop.....with an AZERTY keyboard that's sending me nuts!!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Bloody useless go-flat-in-a-day smart phones. Bane of mankind.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Don't think it's any use on bespoke, made to measure items, when the item has been specified and ordered incorrectly.

If it was different to what was requested, then you may have a case. If it's arrived exactly as you ordered, it's an expensive lesson unfortunately.

Would be unfair I guess to expect it any other way. They've done their best to fulfil the order as requested.

Chunky Lover

• Gold FFM

Too small our too big? Can you be creative and still use them?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

An excuse for a new conservatory or mini greenhouse then !! oir even a couple of new windows in the new garage you are planing.

Since fixing Mrs W's electrical gremlin last week, today she decides she wants to take it for a run, weather conditions presently -2 Deg C, ice on the roads and she is adamant her baby is coming out of the garage, anyone know of a good body shop in the NE of Scotland who can repair Elan shells. I feel the need coming on.

Scraped the bumper on the fence again,   paint chipped this time, Going to admit it I can not reverse the esprit in tight spaces when I am tired.

Has anyone fitted a reversing camera? I need one, I get paranoid every time I have to reverse park the esprit

• Like 1

Well driving home down the m1 ans i hear a noise from the front of the car. Put the window down and i can hear the tyre is flat. I manage to get into the inside lane . Next thing the car lurches and i hear the sound of metal. I manage to get the car onto the hard shoulder on the slip road about quarter of a mile further fown the m1 and the wheel looks like this spot the tyrepost-3952-0-26680400-1417732765.jpg

It's Oogies turn to boogie

• Gold FFM

Damb it, Mrs W just read the story abourt reversing, how she laughed her socks of as she gets wound up all the time form our guys in the club when she is out with my S4 or the old S3 and she proved them wrong everytime, they even set her up on a show stand and meassured the space so the car would just fit but did not tell her but when she went to reverse it was perfect, they were well miffed. As for Bibs comment on me visiting the A&E, yep very close haha.

• Gold FFM

Reality dawns this morning. Last day at home for 2014. Tomorrow early start, taxi at 0315 then off on my way back to Kazi cuntry unitll next year so just having a re cap on what I have achieved during 2014, without the help of all you guys many of these tasks would still be ongoing.

S3 restoration at last completed after two years of in and out engines, gearbox's brakes etc at the end of which she was running like a dream. Now sadly sold to a new owner down in Norfolk soemwhere, sadly missed and maybe a BIG misstake selling her.

Elise S1, she served her purpose as a runabout while the S3 work was going on, great fun little car.

Silver Exel. another one that was bought for a runabout, kept for a while then sold off and went to Manchester.

Red Exel, same as the silver one and gone to a new home after a bit of a tidy up and some routine maintenance, now in Oxford I think.

Blue Elite, engine and gearbox salvaged as they had been completely rebuilt to a high standard as the PO wanted to turn her into a track car but plans fell apart when he started his new business and the body was too far gone to put back on the road but she has at least kept several TLF memebers cars going from saved parts.

And of course old Banana, sold off after seven years of ownership to a new TLF member who is loving her as much as we did, her life is secured long term and she will go on for many more years.

New toys.

Wendy's little Elan M100 Turbo SE, she has fallen in love with the thing so looks like another long term relationship in the offing.

My replacement for the S3 is the new Pacific Blue S4, love the handling and power of the thing, she looks stunning and drives brilliantly but somehow dont seem to have the same attachment as I had with the S3 so maybe 2015 will see a chanage back, who knows.

On a personell front, met loads of new guys from this and other forums and clubs, saved a fortune in advice from you load of Lotus guru's, managed to wind up Bibs now and then and had payback so we are are quits, had a great year with the cars and some fantastic runs.

Just been thinking, other than the opening line, this topic should maybe in both Topics Happy and Unhappy.

Thanks guys it's been a pleasure.

Now lets get ready for 2015, once I get back home the post Christmas/New Year party is already in the plan so hope to catch up with a few hangovers, get the cars ready for the summer then go onwards and upwards.

New job starts in a week as well so all changes for the good.

So to every one of you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year, may your problems be few, your health be good and your lives be happy.

John.

• Like 1

Back at ya John. Be safe out there!

My house sale exchange date has gone from 5th Dec, to 12th, to 19th and has now been put back to 5th January, all because of the numpties at the top of the chain. The house is all packed and everything in storage so having to fork out for new Xmas decorations etc.

Now the buyer of my house is thinking of backing out because she's fed up with the delay. Not best pleased.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Nightmare, finger crossed for you that it all comes good.

Have a good one and all the best for the next.

My house sale exchange date has gone from 5th Dec, to 12th, to 19th and has now been put back to 5th January, all because of the numpties at the top of the chain. The house is all packed and everything in storage so having to fork out for new Xmas decorations etc.

Now the buyer of my house is thinking of backing out because she's fed up with the delay. Not best pleased.

I sympathise. :( I've just been through months of delays caused by similar issues. Our buyers very nearly dropped out because they were so sick of waiting for my sellers to get their act together. To keep them happy I had to put everything in storage and move in with a friend. I finally moved into my new place last Saturday.

I hope it all works out for you.

Thanks mate, we have looked at doing the same but no one to take us in so would have to short term rent, like 3 weeks, which limits us to a holiday home as it also has to be furnished. £2000, plus storage on all our stuff, plus movement twice....no way!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer