Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 18 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

Sorry to hear that Dave. My unhappiness for the day is finding today's flights from Devils Island cancelled due to fog, tomorrows flights ( my turn to come home) backlogged and I have been stuck on flight No 8 which gives slim bloody chance of getting off, which then means I miss my flight back to the UK and there is not another one until Sunday. Miffed or what. 

• Gold FFM

No more breakfast in bed for you for the foreseeable then Dave ;) Hope she's on the mend soon.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Hi Bibs, yep I am on pay until I get in my front door, but having missed Christmas and the New Year with all the family it starts to drag a bit and the money kind of looses interest, you just want to get home.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd been for the usual waking-up pee. On the way back to bed (!) I managed to trip over the radio controlled tank....that I had moved to get at the mains socket behind it to plug in the document shredder. And promptly forgotten about...anyway, trip I did...shoulder charged the bedroom doorjamb with my right shoulder, bounced off it and poleaxed down on the left. As I lay there, I knew I had managed to dislocate the blasted left shoulder...having done the same to the right 15 years ago. So there I was, one dangly arm and one 60% effective at best, as the right has never fully recovered...being bereft of half the rotator cuff.

Getting dressed with a shoulder dislocation is an experience....but I wouldn't recommend it.....and after that, being a refugee from the current UK weather and at my French résidence secondaire, I dialled 112 and started the fun. My chums the Pompiers arrived (the fire service do ambulance paramedic stuff too, in France) and had a good laugh.....loads of paperwork and finally off to hospital in Cosne sur Loire. I'd fallen over at 0800.....the day dragged past....I had some xrays....and it dragged some more. One doctor tried to put the shoulder back without anaesthetic ( I don't recommend that, either!) and gave up. More and more paperwork....and, finally, at1700...having spent the day since 0800 with the shouder joint seperated and two paracetamol as analgesia...I made it into theatre and proper anaesthesia. Coming to instantly...as you do after anaesthetic, they are like a time machine, the bit in the middle just disappears...I found myself trussed up like the Christmas turkey and then I was wheeled into a room where I spent a fairly miserable night having the blood pressure and temperature taken often enough to deny sleep.  This morning I wriggled out of the trussing up and found that, although the joint is back together, the arm still doesn't work.

I've been here before...with the right shoulder 15 years ago, as I said. That took 6 months to become usable, as I had torn the axiliary nerve and nerves regrow at 2mm a day...always assuming the nerve sheath has survived. Since I could move the arm with the arm muscles after I dislocated the joint, I reckon the nerve is OK....fingers crossed! Today I had another xray, the orthopaedic guys said the joint was now "fine".....and got a taxi back to Mole End Cottage, Next appointment in a month to see how it's going.

I'm hoping that the inability to move it is down to the miscles being stretched and generally mangled by the dislocation and the delay in getting it back again, and that the thing will start to work properly again inside 6 weeks instead of 6 months!! Any useful advice out there on rehabilitation exercises, and when and how much for example??

Happy days......

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Following on from the above...see the "happy" thread.....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I have a cold. Not a problem.....but I am on a diet and there's no chicken soup in the house. Wendy has taken my car and thoughtfully put her keys in her handbag as well, so I can't go and get any.

So, the closest I could get to chicken soup was 2 massive Cheesey Chip butties with butter and loads of full fat Mayo. My diet is not going well!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Well after boasting of fixing swmbo door locks yesterday, swmbo decides to take the cosmetically challenged one to Peterhead round trip of about 28 miles. Now Peterhead is known for being the coldest bloody place in Scotland so we do a bit of shopping and yep you guessed it, we are locked out of the car. No probem thinks I, simple, nip into poundland get a cheap screwdriver and an FOC wire coathanger, haha, cheap coat hangers are now all plastic but the screwdriver was purchased. Now previous to the boot lock being changed the said boot was opened by a piece of wire which was fed into the car interior, me think's open the boot with the now working key and use said piece of wire and the screw driver and get the door open. NO, said piece of wire is too soft to pull against the button. And of course this being Peterhead, the said coldest place on bloody earth, it start's to rain, jacket in car, cigies in car, patience getting short. OK let's walk over to a local engineering works and see if we can purloin a welding rod which I can then bend and it will be stiff enough to pull the button up and unlock the door. Did I mention Peterhead is the coldest, wettest bloody place in Christendom. I digress, so on the way to the engineering workshop I notice a chain link fence in a bit of disrepair, mmm I thinks, fencing wire at hand or another half hour walk for a welding rod. Of course common sense has to come into play and borrowed a piece of the fencing wire. Well borrow sort of indicates that you are going to return it, doesnt it. I cant openly say I am going to steal a piece of a fence can I. So borrowed piece of fence en route back to car, did I mention that Peterhead is the coldest place in Christendom with a bloody sharp wind which blows from the North and cuts through like a knife and is particularly ferking cold when your clothes are wet. Anyway, back to the car and twenty mins later the door is open and we are on our way, two wet arses on cold leather seats, the cars cold so no heat but at least she is on her way home again.

Next plan for the cosmetically challenged on is 5Lt of unleaded and a box of matches, no joking, strip the bloody door again and find the fault.

Ah the joys of a Lotus.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Thanks BIBs, realy neaded that little cherub of information, especially with me going back to work tomorrow at -18 deg c.

:(

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I checked the coast was clear and everything! Don't park on a Double yellow for even 2mins 38 secs in Haringey Council's area... They have zombies with joysticks targeting people who can't find anywhere to park and like buying from the high street rather than a supermarket.. Silly me Grrrrr £65 or a £130 IF YOU DONT PAY IMMEDIATELY.

Scumbags.

On the plus side my car looked amazing on the video footage :D

Thank you for this thread, I feel better now! :)

post-15194-0-33362200-1423728709.jpg

What made me unhappy today?

The way the light from the sun in the night sky shone like a magnificent halo but was so swiftly short lived as a cloud ruined what would have been a wonderful sunrise........... I wept the tears of a child..........

Not really...... I'm always happy on account of being so bally awesome  :harhar:

Having said that...... if there's no bacon in the fridge this morning, shit will go down...........

Hmmm, sound a bit testy to me Dan  :rambo:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

My wife fell over at work yesterday and is now in hospital awaiting an operation for a broken hip!

Ouch! All the best to her.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Wasn't happy. Instead I was glad that 40.000 people stood up for the two killed people and 5 injured in Copenhagen, slayed by a mad muslim terrorist this last weekend.

R.I.P.

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

Just been told by the Mrs that I have lost my storage for the S4, it's got to be out in 4 weeks time and I'm stuck in Kazakhstan. No huge problem you thin. Well what about the spare 2.0 lt engines and the rebuilt 2.2 for the S3, a couple of gerabox's and all the other associated parts gathered over the past 7 years. I may even have to sell the S4 as it's not going to be left outside, thats for sure.

And all because the woner wants to park her brothers old tactor indoor's.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Put Elite into new dry garage just before the freezing rain started.

The good news ends there.

Upwards slope begins a few feet outside garage door, front ground clearance couldn`t take it. Result, one seriously scraped front spoiler. May be worse (cracked?) , but too p***d off to check  for now .

Mate said he drove it down to the door with no probs, maybe he got the wrong door !  :wallbash:

If anyone has some nice sturdy planks, I will be interested....   :mellow: