Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 24 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Just had the S3 taken away to be broken. It was the third Lotus and first Esprit I purchased, so had that car several years. Hopefully next week the silver Excel goes as well but there may soon be an event to balance these out.

One of my non-Lotus toys exploded last night.  Haven't looked at the damage , but it was rather epic in the glorious splendor of failure cloud that consumed the road for a 1/4 mile in both directions.   I'm pretty sure there is no longer an engine block...  at all.

I recall driving along the A505 ear Royston, where the road is a deep cut into the surrounding hills, and the Peugeot 305 reached the point where the engine oil that had gone into the air filter, was now being sucked into the engine, I filled that cut in the hill with a very dense cloud. I recall it as being a moment that you try and hide from in same.

Nope.  I purchased a GMC Typhoon that had been sitting in storage for 15 or so years.    I think that...  well...  i mean if i had to guess... (haven't seen it in daylight yet)  the aged turbo compressor wheel shattered, got sucked thru the engine, jammed a piston up, braking a wrist pin...  and a rod made a few high speed rorations at full swing and just beat the block in to a pile of Legos. 

• Gold FFM

OK, here we go.The demolition was planned but not to the extent it went too. It should have been a simple redecorating job, then the fireplace came out, then a wall came down, then a new chimney had to be built, then a wall rebuilt, then the fire had to be replaced, then the plasterboard, the the skirting and door facings, then the central heating radiator and pipe work, then the carpet, oh and because all this had been done we had to get a new sound system for the telly (my toy ) so shmbo says, the carpet no longer fits, so then the carpet has to be replaced and as it's a new carpet the rug does not match, so as it's a new carpet and rug the coffee table had to be replaced. Now she is speaking about a new suit. This all started with 10 rolls of wallpaper at a couple of hundred quid. Last count was almost two f#### grand. women, dont you just love them.

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

OK, here we go.The demolition was planned but not to the extent it went too. It should have been a simple redecorating job, then the fireplace came out, then a wall came down, then a new chimney had to be built, then a wall rebuilt, then the fire had to be replaced, then the plasterboard, the the skirting and door facings, then the central heating radiator and pipe work, then the carpet, oh and because all this had been done we had to get a new sound system for the telly (my toy ) so shmbo says, the carpet no longer fits, so then the carpet has to be replaced and as it's a new carpet the rug does not match, so as it's a new carpet and rug the coffee table had to be replaced. Now she is speaking about a new suit. This all started with 10 rolls of wallpaper at a couple of hundred quid. Last count was almost two f#### grand. women, dont you just love them.

:hrhr: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Thanks Barry, you forgot the cushions to go with the curtains, and the new pictures to hang on the wall. Man this is going to give me some Kudos for spending on the Esprit over the next few months.:pizza:

• Gold FFM

100th-idiot. Please dont spoil my hopes and dreams.Give something nice to think of while away at work at least.

Don't forget new designer light fittings and switches John, I remember my parents had a leak in the central heating after my dad put a cleansing agent through it, it cost the insurance company about £3500 for new carpets for the lounge and dining room, they are open plan and rather large, after my mum had had her way I believe it cost my dad near on another £ 7000 for new bay window, curtains, suite, fireplace etc,

i'm glad my wife doesn't have such grand ideas, I'm currently building a new garage for the Lotus, 10m x 6m with head height for my lift, the wife is getting an en suite and dressing room (ironing room!!)

good luck John 

Regards Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Have just been banned from entertaining the thought of buying these for my car by SWMBO - bloody unreasonable I thought (also using the line 'but you wanted to keep it 100% original was a bit below the belt):vava:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Original-LOTUS-ESPRIT-OZ-NOVA-ALLOY-WHEELS-v-rare-hardly-used-superb-cond-/191740879167?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

• Gold FFM

I'd start the sulky silent treatment about now Marc. You definitely need those. ?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

2 hours ago, march said:

Have just been banned from entertaining the thought of buying these for my car by SWMBO - bloody unreasonable I thought (also using the line 'but you wanted to keep it 100% original was a bit below the belt):vava:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Original-LOTUS-ESPRIT-OZ-NOVA-ALLOY-WHEELS-v-rare-hardly-used-superb-cond-/191740879167?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Oh my those are beutiful wheels. I'd throw the wife out, raise divorce papers on the ground of her unreasonable behaviour and reconcile myself to a quiet life of happiness once more with no unscheduled interruptions, no list of jobs to do, no nagging if I forget to take my boots off etc....! :)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

20 hours ago, march said:

also using the line 'but you wanted to keep it 100% original' was a bit below the belt:vava:

Well with this comment she has at least listened to you once over recent times.  Maybe she is a keeper?

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

19 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Oh my those are beutiful wheels. I'd throw the wife out, raise divorce papers on the ground of her unreasonable behaviour and reconcile myself to a quiet life of happiness once more with no unscheduled interruptions, no list of jobs to do, no nagging if I forget to take my boots off etc....! :)

I have been told by SWMBO in no uncertain terms I cannot afford the divorce papers!

58 minutes ago, Al. said:

Well with this comment she has at least listened to you once over recent times.  Maybe she is a keeper?

Your probably right - over the years I have learnt not to bother arguing too much as I always appear to be wrong (or so I am told) even when I am right. :wub:. Anyway I can't moan too much as I have been allowed out to go and to look at a rather expensive rear axle for my rally car on Monday.:driving::)

Marc, I thought of you when I saw this this morning (see pic below). Oh, and you get the papers in a DIY pack from WHSmith for about £15. Even a farmer can afford that!

I think it all started to go wrong back in 1918 when we started to let them have a vote - I'm sure I saw a trailor for a film about it, was called "Suffering Gents" if I recall correctly  :sofa:

20151121_110407.jpg

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 1 month later...

Hearing from the Police today that the RTA I witnessed on Wednesday afternoon is now a Fatal Accident.

TCALSS I was leaving home town on a dual carriageway that dips and swoops a bit.  Due to the Forth Bridge traffic diversions that happen nightly due to increased flow down the M9 (we are 45 miles from the Bridge so you can see the size of the affected area) The traffic builds up trying to leave our town on this bit of unlit road between town and M9 J11. I saw from previous crest top that standing traffic was in inside lane with outside up towards roundabout much less standing so I pulled into outside lane.  This was even from the low Lotus in partial light at 16:15.  Speed limit 50 mph and the car inside me didn't seem to be slowing for end of the jam, so I hung back and maybe even braked a bit to give him room to pull into my path last minute - but he didn't - and just ran at full tilt into the stopped cars. No brake lights or avoiding action. He hit so hard his rear wheels came off road and all airbags deployed. I drove past on the anchors to see him face planted in it and could see foot still on accelerator as nudging car ahead still.  I was half out of car to go back 7 offer assistance when I saw a Police car further up the queue about to head out onto roundabout so I drove ahead and got their attention.

In the end 3 cars ahead were involved and then a X3 behind who had stopped well clear initially but he had rolled back down hill and hit her.  He was actually seemingly totally fine apart from telling police the car in front had reversed into him!  Older gent.  Obviously confused Anyway today when sitting in the BA lounge at LHR waiting to fly out the police finally rang for their statement........ In fact they wanted to come round but I pointed out wait 4 1/2 weeks so we did it on the phone.  As part of that I was told that he had developed subsequent heart issues from a previous heart event & died.

It was one of those things that develop in a few seconds from nothing.  Amazing things airbags for all in the queue.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023