Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 43 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

He's now realised the error of Hethel's ways and redirected my communication back towards the factory. 

So, you go on to the Lotus website, make sure you're on the United Kingdom page, click on the 'Contact Us' tab, use the email address given there for 'Customer Services outside N.America' and you end up in a dialogue with someone in N.America, <_< . Sounds about right. At least our American cousin was 'on the case' within 30 minutes of me sending the email - I wonder how long I'll wait for his colleagues this side of 'The Pond' to get back to me? :rolleyes: .

Hearing today that ex moto gp  champion Nicky Hayden  has been seriously injured in a cycling accident in Italy. 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Well that's us into Friday afternoon with a nice sunny weekend ahead of us and the Evora is still languishing in sickbay.

The response from Hethel has so far been totally underwhelming - the silence is deafening. :angry:

What does the 400 use? Same part?

Does an "vehicle off road" repair exist outside of warranty?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Just got a  puncture and found out it's non repairable and now my air wrench has broken. Now just waiting for third thing.:realmad:

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, CocoPops said:

What does the 400 use? Same part?

Does an "vehicle off road" repair exist outside of warranty?

Different part which would require a different pedal box to make it fit apparently.

VOR only seems to exist to minimise their liabilities when the car is under warranty - once outside that period, you're on your own it would appear.

I did finally get a response from Hethel today, but only after contacting the guy in the US again and getting him to rattle their cage once more. They have a fresh supply of the required item on order (let's hope they've settled the invoicing dispute) and are expecting delivery in 4-5 weeks so that's "problem solved" in their eyes!!!!!

• Gold FFM

So the van was in the garage for its first service a couple of weeks ago. 

Front brake pads notified as being down to the last 5% - only a couple of braking cycles left so the gonk on the phone told me. How much I ask ? £130 - no thanks leave them alone - it's on 20k miles - 5% of that is a 1000 miles !! 

Straight to the parts place - pads £33 - finally fitted them this morning - 20 minutes work. Those pads had a good 2mm left on them - not ideal but certainly far from the immediate problem I was told on the phone. 

one of the lads at another garage I work at was showing me their new bonus scheme this week - they get paid and extra £5 bonus on every set of pads they upsell on a vehicle that comes in for work........

• Like 1

Only here once

On 2017-5-19 at 12:16, Alfa2Evora said:

Well that's us into Friday afternoon with a nice sunny weekend ahead of us and the Evora is still languishing in sickbay.

The response from Hethel has so far been totally underwhelming - the silence is deafening. :angry:

So much for a nice sunny weekend David it's been pishing down practically the whole time. Are you in Panama by any chance?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

The weather is coming from a Lotus parts manufacturer so it's on 'Stop Supply'. Now promised for next weekend, so long as the bill has been paid in advance. :lol:

• Gold FFM
23 hours ago, C8RKH said:

So much for a nice sunny weekend David it's been pishing down practically the whole time. Are you in Panama by any chance?

Abu Dhabi has no rain at the moment just a steady 38 Deg C.

Well been stuck here for a week now waiting on documents for another visa. On Saturday I could have gone back to Ferrari World in Dubai as the company are about to do some repairs to the hydraulic systems on the rides. Guess what, I was taken off the project because my visa application had not been completed

. And I was all ready to go complete with lotus shirt on, bugger.

• Like 1

I would rather be here in the rain than that soul less place to be honest

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 2017-5-17 at 20:36, pete said:

Hearing today that ex moto gp  champion Nicky Hayden  has been seriously injured in a cycling accident in Italy. 

even sadder news today on hearing he has died from his injuries

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Made me a bit annoyed, but really annoyed my young bloke. He went up to Melbourne yesterday to get himself a fridge and a washing machine for the apartment he got for uni. Went into Harvey Norman as they are having an EOFY sale on everything. He asked about the fridges that would fit the dimensions of the space he has.

Rep 'They are all sold out. You can have this $3,000 fridge for $2,400.'

Jarryd 'How come the ad on the tele still shows them all?'

Rep 'It gets people in the store.'

Guess what? The ad comes on the tele again last night and is now quite a bit shorter.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

7 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Found out my new 69 Mustang is doing 7 mpg.  And every time I put my foot down it costs me a fiver.  

Took it to Brands Hatch American Speedfest on Sunday and got to see lots of filling stations on the way.

It can pass anything except a gas station. (May as well use the North American terminology)

• Like 1

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Sad news today. Just heard that my favourite uncle has just passed away at the age of 91. He was at my mum's 93rd birthday party just a few weeks back enjoying a wee dram. I spent all my weekends and holidays as a kid on his farm. Great memories of going to the peat moss on a cart and horse, sinking to your knees in a peat bog. Fantastic gentleman. Drove all his life but never had a licence, never married, but loved life.

RIP, uncle Jim.