Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 47 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

29 minutes ago, Inkyfingers said:

Part of the issue is that roads are so poorly designed and usually full of dim pedestrians crossing in oblivion focused on their phones and covered  in cyclists riding all over the place and breaking every rule and law so most drivers (myself included) are much better off driving on the pavements.

FTFY :)

Yes, I am being silly - but i find the issue a bit moot in that it is easy to just say well "it's not my fault because".  The fact is (and I am a ex racing cyclist and have a family of cyclists) that in the UK today cyclists have adopted a high and mighty fook you stance around I'm entitled and so you can just go and fook off Mr. Motorist.  this has resulted in a level of antagonism and hatred amongst cyclists and road users that is really destructive.  You only have to look at the hundreds of idiots on bikes with cameras that post on You Tube. In many of their "posts" about near misses etc you can actually see that the way they are riding has significantly contributed to the situation they then found themselves in.

I am not saying that all cyclists are always wrong and all motorists always right. But the rise in "I'm entitled" has seriously contributed to the issues. The problem is that too many cyclists do not have the humility or conscious awareness to realise it.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Nail on the head. Or is that tack in the tyre! :)

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I was sitting stationary about 8 years ago and a push bike came flying up the side of my car, caught my mirror and fell off. He then proceeded to go into one and blame me for the positioning of my car for his broken bike and cut knee.

I politely pointed out that I was within the white lines on both sides of the lane (including my mirror), stationary in a queue of traffic at a set of Traffic lights and that he had hit me and how would he like to pay for my mirror, cash or cheque.

I don't think I have seen someone go purple from just shouting but I genuinely thought he was going to have an heart attack. 

In other news another cyclist killing a pedestrian. They don't shout about that do they? I think the law needs to change so they can be prosecuted for death by dangerous riding like cars and mototbikes rather than the "furious pedalling" crap with no prison term. Or just do them for manslaughter!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41263926

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Yes we do Pete, they're the ones dressed up in lycra wannabe Bradley Wiggins. I think the death sentence for dangerous riding is a fantastic idea......  @Kimbers for president. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

This.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-41389520

Absolutely stinks. If this had been anyone else from an unprivileged background the judge would have battered them.

Sheer and utter hypocrisy and prejudice. The judge should hang his head in shame.

Anyone else the answer would have been a short, sharp, lesson via a full custodial sentence.

This really has made me angry as much as unhappy. So much for one law for all.

The small print.

Oh please spare me the attentions of a drug addicted drunken surgeon.... I trust that's enough to "ruin her career" without the knife attack or a custodial sentence. Remember the name, folks.... Lavinia Woodward....and I care not how "able" and "extraordinary" she could have been.

Handy with a knife, though....toss her out on her ear.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

The irony is in the fact she stabbed someone with a knife and is training to be a surgeon to put people under her knife. Totally beggars any logic I can think of. God knows what the Judge was drinking but cannot have been just tea ;)

The small print.

• Gold FFM

All those bands on your cuffs, I'm betting you get to steer?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Its just making space for my next Lotus. I'll be on the list for the latest Exige next summer, whatever it may be ...

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Sad day. Two Ambulances and a Helicopter couldn't save my Mum. Emergency services all do a fantastic job and they tried and tried right up to the end but I guess they don't get to win them all. 

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Sorry to hear your news. Condolences and thoughts to all.

• Like 1

The small print.

Ian....words don't help...rotten news. Stay strong....

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein