Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 50 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

People that treat carparks like a race track and don't give a stuff about you trying to reverse out and you can't see either way because of the typical SUV's parked beside you.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 02/12/2017 at 00:05, Dave Eds said:

Got done at 81mph last April on the M4 at midnight. Speed awareness course offered if not done one in the previous 3 years. Yeah right! Took the 3 points and gave them £100.

That's a total joke.  Did you get done around Swindon?  The coppers often wait around there, the Council's cash cow.  I don't like the double standards either, as other motorways aren't monitored so much.  I often go on the M40 and  it's a free for all on there, no one does below 80 and a lot of people are doing over 100mph and no one gets done.

J 20 to 19 eastbound so nearer to Bristol. Static camera as far as I know. On a downhill incline. My fault but I might have been better off speeding in a built up area!!

Aware of Swindon area from many trips to Castle Combe.

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read the new rules about not requiring an MOT for old cars. Not happy - I need a valid MOT cerificate to register a car as not requiring an MOT :angry:. Guess this one will not be making it back on the road just yet.

21296570466_10222a264c_c.jpg

You need a valid MOT to register a car as not needing an MOT - and the civil servants, public sector and politicians wonder why the general public hold them in such complete and utter contempt as a bunch of plain old oxygen thieves. You could not imagine this bullshit up - but then someone in the above did.  FFS....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

So at time of no longer needing an MOT it is a sound car - so it could get knackered the next day and still not need an MOT.

Pull it out of hedge and it doesn't need an MOT - what's the difference. A knackered car is a knackered car, and not needing an MOT means it will never be tested again. Just seems like more paperwork to keep the public servants looking busy whilst extracting another form of one of tax from the unsuspecting public to pay for it.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, andydclements said:

It's the same as a car not needing to pay for car tax, you need it MOT'd in order to change the taxation class. I guess it's to make it more difficult to wring a car.

You cannot believe the hassle I had doing that a couple of years ago on the white triumph herald. 1983 was the last time it was on the road. Even with all the documents to hand - it took the post office over an hour on the phone to the DVLA to resolve getting it sorted

Only here once

22 hours ago, mayesprit said:

Promised myself I would lose 20lbs in weight in 2017 - just the 30lbs to go now then  ?

Happy Christmas fat fucker -2018 is your goal mate! 

Dave.

• Gold FFM

? Cheeky bar steward lol. With that encouragement I’m off for another mince pie and a large port. Happy Christmas ?

• Haha 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

So it's Christmas morning. Up as usual to let the dogs out, quick check of emails and find one from the office which is in a Muslim country and don't recognise Christmas.

Quote. Your flight to Doha will be early morning of January first, please ensure you are fit to travel and not under the influence of alcohol. Project duration, 30 to 35 day's.

Now I have been home for 9 weeks, turned down a couple of small jobs on car's which were just a day here and here as I was waiting for the S1 coming from the paint shop and I need to keep the bigger shed clear. Obviously as work pays for the toys and the bill's I have no option but to go and yep, guess what, the bloody S1 will be ready to collect in a couple of days time. Now it will have to wait for me for a month which cock's up all the plan's as the client needs the car back for the end of the month. Sh+t. Planning is perfect, NOT.

Not a happy Christmas bunny today.

• Sad 2

• Gold FFM

Christmas on hold this year, the wife now works for the NHS. The first Christmas she has mist in her life, she's not happy! 

Worse still, I've had to do the Christmas dinner, now there's a disaster waiting to happen.....:no

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Gold FFM

One job I worked on in Azarbaijan that was our staple diet. Could never chance eating the food and used to lose between 3 and 5 KG ever trip. Pot noodles, tinned Tuna, or Makeral.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...