Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Thought for the day... - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The Thought for the day...

Kimbers

Ok the random pictures thread is our most popular ever.

But what about those random thoughts?

So to get you started, here's a fact and a question.

Fact: If Barbie was a real woman her measurements would be 97-58-97

Question: How are you meant to tell when a Smurf is Choking?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

OK. I'll play.

FACT: Smurfs are not real and therefore can not chokegetmecoat.gif

QUESTION: Are we the only beings in the universe? (I really do think about this)dizzy.gif

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
stuart.gif

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Fact: the tallest man in recorded history was Robert Wadlow who measured 8 ft 11.1 in (2.72 m)

Question: How long is a piece of string ?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Answer: 2 X (L/2)

Question: If the universe is infinite in all directions, is everywhere in the universe the center?

Edited by Kimbers
remove quote, not req on previous post

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

Question: Is it true that we're all essentially made from mud?

Answer: probably, given how we all stick together (or was that something else?)

Question: What is ET short for?

Answer: probably ETC (in your world)

Question: How big is the fish that got away if the fisherman only has one arm?

Edited by wookie

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

• Gold FFM

What's the difference between a duck?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Fact: the first person to pass the UK driving test was Mr. Bean

Question: if you are in a car travelling at the speed of light (with Bibs driving of course!) and you turn on the headlights, will you see anything?

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

• Gold FFM

Fact - Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin!

Question - If it was made illegle for Petrol Stations to own ladders, could they still put their prices up?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

.... or, One of it's legs are both the same.

Question: How do they know it was a Big Bang, if nobody was around to hear it?

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Some superb facts, answers and questions, so heres todays from me.

Question: Whats another word for Synonym?

Fact: You need 150,000 saffron crocuses to get 2 pounds of saffron. This is why Saffron is more expensive than gold, by the pound.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

New thought for the day.

Question: What happens to the white when snow melts?

Fact: Humans are born without kneecaps. They develop at the age of six!

• Gold FFM

Fact : Did you know that if you took all your bodies veins and arterys out of your body, and then laid them in a straight line, end to end, back to back, in a straight line - you'd actually be dead! :thumbsup:

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Fact: Fred Hoyle, who believed in the alternative "Steady State" theory of the Universe, is generally credited with coining the term "Big Bang," with most folks assuming that he meant it in a derogatory fashion. Less popularly known is that he denied this, meaning only to draw attention to the striking difference between the two competing theories. In any case, the name stuck and the theory gained favour. Nanner, nanner, boo boo, Fred.

Question: If [our] reality is a 3 dimensional holographic projection of a multidimensional universe (current conjecture making the Theoretical Physics' rounds), is it in high def or standard resolution? And what channel is it on?

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Question: Why is a boxing ring square?

Fact: When you're born you have 300 seperate bones in your body. When you die you only have 206!!

Answer:

According to The Encyclopedia of Boxing, by Gilbert Odd, the term "boxing ring" goes back to bare-knuckle days. Spectators held a circle of ropes around the fighters, but they were always crowding in on the action. Eventually, they used stakes to hold the ropes, forming a square, hence the expression The Squared Circle.

The square ring allowed for better viewing and safe distances.

Question: Why and how can you get arrested for evading the police?

Fact: Quantum theory predicts random events happen, such as particles appearing out of nothing, borrowing energy from the universe.

sig.jpg

• Gold FFM

John H.

think we all know it: 42 ! :welcome:

@Kimbers: If you count the baby kid's scull seperate segments in -sounds right ?! :D

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Fact: The 50p coin is shaped the way it is so you can get it out of a scotsmans hand with a spanner.

Question: If a woman expresses an opinion and there is no man around to hear her, is she still wrong?