Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Nigels' 60th Birthday Event - Thatcham, Berks - Page 4 - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Nigels' 60th Birthday Event - Thatcham, Berks

Bibs

• Gold FFM

Bibs, I have sent you a PM.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Multi apologies - not in a position to leave the Heathrow area until 11:45... so decided to go 'mission abort'. Hope all went well and am looking forward to seeing the photos.....

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Excellent, how did Nigel take it?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Just got back, job done basically! His wife still couldn't believe what had been arranged for him. We caused quite a stir as we arrived.

I wonder if he will join the forum?!!!

Great to see everyone, a really good morning out. Here is one of my photos for a taster, there was a member of the paparazzi there who I am sure has some better snaps then me!

post-5743-0-98152300-1298128776_thumb.jp

Edited by Nelly9000

Back home with and a feeling of satisfaction having had a day out in K2 and met so many friendly enthusiastic people from TLF.

Best of all though was to witness Nigel's suprise and appreciation. Bibs and his helpers did an outstanding job in making a special day even more special for the Birthday Boy.

Well done guys and thank you. It was a treat just to be there.

I think that was a fantastic gesture by all those involved and well done to all those that attended and those that wanted to but couldn't because of various circumstances. I was going to say it just shows how great the spirit of the forum is but it's really the spirit of the people who participate on the forum and at its events that make this such a special place to be and why old duffers like me and Kimbers stay around even after we have sold our current Lotus. And a particular well done, that man, must go to Bibs for deciding to take the steps needed to make an enthusiast's birthday one to remember. :thumbsup:

Simon, :cry: no need to be embarrassed about crying. I'm sure even Jo Brandt would have welled up a bit.

More pictures, please.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Oh, Trev, wots occurin?

It wasnt me cryin, I ain't no panzy boyo!

I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm a welshy and were well ard alright sugar tits!

Anyone snap the Lotus Vectra?

Need better badges next time as the ones fitted from the, err, factory seemed to peel off in the rain...

Chunky Lover

Really nice to have met so many of you again from the Christmas party (and Mike from the NEC show - his was the first Esprit we ever sat in, and caught the bug right then!).

We were the ones who arrived late with our heads held in shame - a touch of Lotitus in the morning, followed by a frantic repair.

Nigel and Devina are both so nice, we're both so glad to have been able to be part of such a lovely idea.

Just got back after joining Bibs over at Scot Walker's new place in Dorking - some lovely toys over there.

Can't wait until the next gathering to see some of you again.

A great day and Nigel was amazed by it all, what a gift we gave. Good to of met so many of the TLF'ers, Neil that banner was super a big well done goes to you. Once we told him it was his to keep hes face lite up.

Can I ask everyone that was there to PM me or put there reg next to your names please, for making the book for Nigel. So able to give the info to Red Vtec, thanks.

1. Bibs - Esprit SE

2. Boots - 84 Turbo Esprit

3. Dodgy - 81 Turbo Esprit

4. Nelly9000 - Elise S2

5. Jez - Esprit S4s

6. Bazza - Essex

7. Louise (and GKP) - Elise S2

8. internets - GT3

9. Choppa - Esprit S3

10. Henry Weston-Davies - Esprit S3

11. Leigh - Elite S2.2

12. PFD - (joining the non Lotus group gang.)

13. Alan & Evi - 85 Turbo Esprit

14. Hopo - Esprit S3

15. fsrowsell - SE HighWing

16. Nigeninja - Esprit Flying Carpet S4s

17. John - Excel SE

18. Mike MPx - 86 Turbo Esprit

19. Roger - lotus elan +2S JPS

Also can I have links or e-mailed images of the day to d.ricketts@btopenworld.com out of what I recive the best will be passed on to Red Vtec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twOs90x5EZE

sig.jpg

Well that was fun! Very nice to meet Nigel and his family. Great to see all the TLFers. Really excellent to see Alan&Evi in THEIR TE having enthused with them at the NEC before any deal was done. And then when we all split I really enjoyed whizzing up to see Scott's new set up and stock and hearing about his plans for the future.

As ever, there were lots of lovely Esprits to see including

Bazza's

IMG_5173.jpg

Felix's

IMG_5164.jpg

Hopo and Dodgey's

IMG_5174.jpg

But I thought it was even better to have some of the other models along as well incl:

Roger's +2

IMG_5167.jpg

Leigh's Elite

IMG_5168.jpg

and John's Excel (with Trev's S350!)

IMG_5170.jpg

and of course Neil and Lou's Elsies - but I didn't get a good enough pic I'm afraid.

There were also some challenging moments. Trivial stuff like my speedo packing up on the Wincanton bypass near the start of the day. Slightly more threatening when following Bibbo at around (!) the national speed limit, outside lane, when he does a late decision left in front of a LandyDisco. I was marginal to make it, and it was clear that Alan&Evi had no chance behind me so we went on and made our own way to Scott's. I bet we made that Disco driver curse a bit! :blush: It was so far from the pub to Scotts I had to dive in to a services for a P just before we got there. Glad I did cos when we had finally "reached our destination" there was no sign of Scott's gaff or Bib's or Dave's cars or anything really. Lucky Alan walked right up to the end of the yard and spied them or we'd have missed out - Bibbo failing to answer any of the 4 calls we made!! Then when I went to pick up F in the West End, got up to the Bromptom Road in no time and spent nearly an hour getting from Harrods to Piccadilly - must be nearly a mile and a half. Arrrrrgggggghhhhhh! I hate London. A great reminder of why I moved West! Excellent thrash home tonight just 2 hours from the M25/M3 Junction - well done Lionel!

Many thanks to Bibbo and all attendees for organising and providing excellent company as always.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

I'm quite impressed by you guys that did this for someone you don't know, so I can only imagine how Nigel and his wife felt.

You're a special group of people.

Kudos. :thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Looks like you all had a great time,

Really looking forward to making this book.

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Words fail me...I watched this build on the thread and thought it was great from the start , The final outcome looked outstanding , I am so proud to be a member of an organisation that can make such a gesture, A special well done to you all. .......

What a great day. On such a happy occassion there really were tears of joy (I got all choked up too but then I am a big softy)

What a special bunch you are :thumbsup:

Will add links to our photo's later.

Only one slight downer, If you attended you will have heard Sue's car misfiing.

No compression at all on cylinder No 3 so looks like the engine will be coming out earlier than expected. :(

(I had planned to take it out over the summer and try to cure the massive oil leak and replace the cambelt / tensioner which is now 2yrs old and done nearly 15000 miles)

Will start a thread on the G car technical thread to keep you all posted.

John