Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Lotus Evora Long Term Test - Page 8 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Lotus Evora Long Term Test

TLF News

6 minutes ago, 21gg said:

Well if its taken 2 months to upload 40% when should i come back, October? :P:sofa:

gLOL

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

At last! Nice to see my car make a cameo, along with @Gm77 and his stealth bomber

Also what's happening with this Lotus magazine then?

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

4 hours ago, JayEmm said:

At last! Nice to see my car make a cameo, along with @Gm77 and his stealth bomber

You mean @Charlotte 's stealth bomber, ah, I mean, practical family car..! ?

So, are you two auditioning for the new new Topgear? YOu#re certainly better than that shouty twat.

• Like 2

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

6 hours ago, Bibs said:

Did you see the bloopers at the end? :lol:

My mom has now, she's going to put you over her knee when she see's you next!

• Like 1

Hi, just for some clarification, as you obviously need it ;) As an organiser of charity runs and other motoring events, we get the chance to drive many toys, some short distances and some for reasonable periods of time. Including quite recently the TTRS Plus, which was a great car for the record, but let down but what seemed to be an awkward seating position, no matter how hard a short guy like me tried, it never felt that comfortable! But my driving history has ranged from Ferrari F40's down to restored classics and everything in between. Bibs and I are quite good at throwing the keys to one another and having mini debates on the cars afterwards, which is what led to this video. It didn't make the final cut but I did comment that the Evora 400 is as close as you can get to an Audi R8 and still have enough money in your pocket to buy an Elise for the weekends!

• Gold FFM

Great job Bibs.  Very enjoyable video; plenty of humour, not 'up itself' and enough useful information for potential buyers about just how easy the car is to live with.

Although not sure how you will ever get anywhere near 40 miles to the gallon during even mildly energetic driving. Low to mid 20s is more realistic based on 2 months daily driving, including the run-in period. I must be driiving way too fast, in too low a gear without cruise control or 'economy' throttle map. :).

I liked the references to owners on here, watched it thinking "yep, yep, yep, I agree, yep, I know who that is, yep" :lol:

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I was not criticizing you Bibs, just thought that your comment would have more impact if people understood what you have driven.  Neil's comment, above, would have been great in the video.  The R8 is considered by many to be the gold standard in supercars you could actually drive every day.  To say the Evora is as close as you can get to an R8 is high praise indeed, given that the R8 cost twice as much as the Evora.  

Personally, I fault the R8 for lack of storage/luggage space.  I think the car should have enough luggage space for 2 people to go on a weekend trip which would be possible if the shelf behind the seats were deeper.  But I understand that people with the kind of money to afford a R8 probably could care less.

I've considered a used R8 as an alternative to the Evora.  But a R8 V10 with a manual, even used, would cost as much (or more) than a new Evora 400.  At any where close to even money between the two, I'd take the Evora.

• Gold FFM

You probably saw in my own thread that I tried several previous gen R8 V10s. Obviously the new car was out of budget, but there were plenty of the old car for Evora money. I didn't feel like the R8 felt that much quicker than the Evora in a straight line, but I much preferred the steering, noise, looks and practicality of the Evora.

Plus I used to live in West London and got used to seeing R8s fairly frequently, so I don't consider them as particularly "exotic". Also, they share far too much on the interior front with other Audi items to justify their price, in my opinion. A £110k car shouldn't need another £8k of carbon fibre in it to feel special. The BMW M4's interior felt more "bespoke" than the R8's, even though it is almost certainly not. As with yourself luggage space was also a concern and while I appreciate the R8 is a "supercar", it's meant to be the "usable supercar" and it fails miserably on luggage capacity. I can think of a couple of Ferraris that are actually better. And most of the Porsches are too.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com