Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New motor for daily commute - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New motor for daily commute

As the title implies, I recently aquired a new commuter wagon for my daily trips between Holland and Germany.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3063642.htm

We had a late 928GTS a few years ago and I always regret the selling of that particular car.

Looking forward to collection and the drive back from the UK sometime in the next weeks.

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mike,

Very cool sleeper ;)

I remember during a job trip, at my hotel, a 928 starting in a cold morning... the sound was amazing... the exhaust was just a straight pipe !! sound like a big boat like the Riva's

Cheer's,

Gip'

Very nice, I have always liked the 928, supposed to be a great long distance tourer.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

What is it with you v8 guys Mike? Your mate Ian over here just took delivery of another UK one, a manual S4, a week or two ago.

For a design that goes back to the mid 70's they still have that great sense of occasion and presence.

DanR

nice choice mike :thumbup: I had a 928s4 gt many years ago, awesome all round car, with loads of toys for its age, it even had air con in the glovebox! :smoke:

P.S. mike: you may want to check the flexplate endplay on the torque tube, The end play reduces after time and puts too much thrust pressure on the engine's crankshaft. My memory is sketchy on the procedure, but it will be well documented on 928 forums etc,

Also check camshaft timing chain tensioner guides (plastic) if worn the slightly slack chains will destroy the sprokets which are part of the camshaft casting! Its a cheap and easy job which doesn't take long to do

steve

A lot of these ended up as neglected examples as the were not regarded as "real" Porsches so the values of second-hand cars dropped to the level where they were bought by people who couldn't afford to look after them, a bit like Lotus Elite Type 75s. First Porsche with a proper rear suspension, in my opinion.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM

Looks very nice Mike. A lot of nice car for not too many £'s.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Thanks for the advise and encouragement.

I have owned a late 928 before, so will be attending to all of the annual checks and routine maintenance to keep the car in good shape. I´m no huge fan of automatic transmissions, but for effortless mileage munching, these cars are exceptional.

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

I dont get it.... :ermm: . The PO has to sell because of a growing family, but its not credible that his would be growing as big as yours Mike so how's it going to work for you.....?? :getmecoat:

Nice car tho :smoke:

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny