Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Pictures not seen before - Found in the attic! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Pictures not seen before - Found in the attic!

So I have been going through junk looking to sell items on e-bay and I came across one of my stashes of Lotus photo's that either myself, my father or my fathers friend took (he was a photographer who regularly did shots for my dad).

Being from a private collection many of these haven't been seen before, and many have gone into the "For the book" box! Here's a little teaser:

Colin at the US Dealer factory visit:

DSCF0383.jpg

Colin and MJK at the Motor Show with the Duke of Kent:

DSCF0384.jpg

Colin explains the intricacies of the Lotus engine to the Lord Mayor of Norwich while MJK and Tony Rudd look on:

DSCF0385.jpg

MJK takes over to explain the inner workings and safety features he and his team built in to the cars:

DSCF0386.jpg

More royalty as MJK and Colin get a visit from Prince Phillip

DSCF0387.jpg

Mario visits the factory in 1978 and who do we have in this picture? Well, to the far right is Don Mac, head of Marketing/PR, to the far left we have Roger Putnam who later went on to run Jaguar under Ford, MJK is obvious.....your starter for 10 who the person to MJK's left is? Hehehe (Nice hair and jacket matey!!)

DSCF0389.jpg

Lastly, MJK at the US press launch of the new Esprit held at Ketteringham Hall.

DSCF0388.jpg

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 2nd pic down they have obviously dug a special pit for MJK to stand in so he doesn't intimidate everyone else.

And in the 4th pic down MJK says ".....and if this bit ever goes wrong you have to take the whole bloody car apart"

Maybe we should have a caption competition for these?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Gold FFM

How tall is your dad Kimbers? :shock:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

The first picture, it's true then, Colin was a Grand Jedi Master!

Picture six to MJK's left, obvious Andretti, but is that Bob Carolgees standing to his left, of Tiswas spit the dog fame?

Haha. No correct answers as yet. Lets say he made the interior of the Prototype S1 in the "Nick" of time.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

No one would own up to wearing a jacket like that. It would make you fuletchup :sick:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Maybe from now on he should be known as Nick Fulchblueeerrrr

Awesome pics, Kimbers, thanks for sharing! Owing to the patterns Mario and Nick are admiring, I guess we're lucky they stuck with tartan! :D

Still waiting for the Kimberley anthology! :whistle:

First pic:

This one DEFFO needs a caption contest!

Second pic:

Is MJK on his knees?

Third pic:

That looks like a raw casting for a V8 block...and I have read that a V8 was in development in the 1970s but never made it to production...is that what I'm seeing?

Fourth pic:

LOVE the caption already posted about taking the whole bloody car apart!

Fifth pic:

PP looks to about right in the middle height-wise between Chapman and MJK...did he try to fit into an Esprit, and if so, how well did he fit?

Sixth pic:

I was going to guess Bill Wyman, as he rather looks like Wyman in this pic.

Seventh pic:

Who's the gent at far right, walking into the frame? Kinda reminds me of Arnie Johnson, who, being a major cog in US operations, may well have been at that event...

And yes, thanks *MUCH* for sharing these! Would love to see so much more; when's the book getting done?

Edited by The Veg

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

• Gold FFM

Nice one Kimbers! Thanks for sharing. More please.

(that is funny Owen) :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Don't you dare sell any that involve an S1 without talking to me first!

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

That really tall dark haired guy with the long sideburns---didn't he used to play center for the Birmingham Bullets?

Great set of "heirloom" photos, Kimbers. Thanks for posting them. :thumbsup:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.