Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 4 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Feel asleep during last night's show! :lol:

So did I Bibbo :)

Sorry, but that's just old age settling in fellas.

Nice try though.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Oh my gosh, Hammond just can't be serious! Looked like great fun though.

The whole episode made me grateful for my roof, doors and windscreen.

Edited by Frosty

I see Kimi Raikkonen is on this coming Sunday, I assume to do an F1 drivers lap of the track in the Suzuki. Hopefully they will have the Lotus F1 car in the studio, and good look to Jezza on the interview. I wonder whether Kimi will need to loo half way through?

I have to say that despite it being a better one they could have improved it substantially by "Doing a series of challenges" instead of just pissing around chaotically and looking like kids. Was laughing my socks off at the bit where they drove to work.....what I don't understand is why they didn't just wear a full face helmet?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

• Gold FFM

I quite enjoyed that. :yes:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I see Kimi Raikkonen is on this coming Sunday, I assume to do an F1 drivers lap of the track in the Suzuki. Hopefully they will have the Lotus F1 car in the studio, and good look to Jezza on the interview. I wonder whether Kimi will need to loo half way through?

New Exige? Wasn't there a mention of having that on the show this series?? :rambo:

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

Good show this week. Worth the watch.

And there is the rub!

You never quite know what your going to get, So even if you think it was crap one week, you have to go back the following week, because they are capable of making some great TV :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I enjoyed last night as well good end to the series

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

:huh:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Anyone else get taken back a few years by the Propaganda tune during the racing?

Indeed I have several 12 inch 45's of every variation mix on that and others, noticed Ken Bruce on Radio 2 plays them quite a lot too

Another funny episode.

Enjoyed the KR segment. Kimi comes across as so chilled out he's nearly horizontal. So chuffed he's in the Lotus, sorry Enstone. So even Kimi's confused (or not bothered?) that he thinks the Renault team make the current car? haha :-D <where's the emoticons gone?>

A decent episode to end the series I thought. The guys seemed to really make a sales pitch towards amateur Motorsport at the end of the show, I think it put it into context, the comparison in price against golf.

Edited by Frosty

Well i have said it has been crap often enough but credit where credit is due..... really enjoyed that :)

Could be wrong but i think Nick Fulture was trimming a California a few years back in that colour.... couldnt be too many of them in the uk???????

Will have to dig out the pictures.

Did anyone hear Chris Evans telling James May not to go through standing water, I counted at least 3 shots of him doing just that :P

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Chris is incredibly relaxed about his cars from what I have seen - "they are only tin & rubber" was his comment when discussing them on TG a couple of years back, and he does let random strangers drove them for Children in Need.

I am sure that was just an act on Chirs' part to add some tension to it in the same way the stern faced director looked to me like he was struggling not to smile in the Sweeny shoot a few weeks back.

Edited by Nelly9000

Must admit tho, James May did look very concerned when all the school kids started surrounding the car!