Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 17 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

Still not tested the Evora S yet either! Wonder what PR are thinking at Lotus. They should be pulling out all the stops to get the Exige V6 on this series, it's the perfect car for them, they would love it's speed, handling and acceleration. Not to mention the fact it's quicker than cars twice it's price!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

weird... especially when the "Drive network" (especially Chris Harris videos) is getting very inlfuent, Top Gear should wake up in order not to loose his suppremacy.

Honestly since last season, and the new one, funny challenges are still good but represent too much weight...

If you had crazy/funny/stupid/... challenges, longer and longer news, very very long and borin "star in reseaonnable price car"... the actual space for real test drive is smaller and smaller, and quality of it is decreasing too.

Seriously Chris Harris has definitely my vote nowadays, the best balance between nice pictures, real opinion on qualities or not.... and fun.

Edited by CaptainBigleux
  • Like 1

The Disco Volante piece from yesterday's episode was TG pretty much at their best, stunning scenery, photography unequalled, Clarckson's narration was some of his best work of late.

Putting a youngster without a driver's licence in the reasonably price car is stupid at best even if the guy is kind of funny.

I know that cops of Dubai are loaded and that the country doesn't have a middle class that has a say in things, but the police car fleet is beyond ridiculous!

DubaiPolice.jpg

Since that pic was taken they have added a few more outrageous cars to replace the ones that had to get serviced.

Personally very bored of the same old boring jokes and predictable challenges.. Same old same old and a bit stale :-(

HOWEVER, we've just seen a return to form and what Clarkson does better than anyone when he forgets about trying to be funny all the time.

Hats off to the Disco Volante review, brilliant. I actually had to rewind and watch it again and then again.

Reminded me of this brilliant review:-

http://youtu.be/5Q0Svvdrx_E

Less of the cringey short willy jokes and more of that please!

new series of fifth gear starts tonight at 8 on discovery if anyone interested

Thanks Pete, almost missed it :-0 caught it on Discovery +1... Edited by auRouge

I know, utter bollocks. Guess they have to put something in for everyone! That bit waz reserved for the readers of "Nuts" magazine, init man?!

The Disco Volante has restored my faith.

Edited by auRouge

Watched 5th gear last night and have to say I preferred the tests to TG, but there isn't as much Charisma between the presenters.

That said their test of the 3 "different" supercars was excellent and Senna brought in an extra factor as he was very charismatic and showed well on the TV. The test was good and TBH I would like to have seen more of that and less of the £1million Aston.

The test of the Mini was intelligent and actually "real world". Where they criticised it's price and useability, despite it being fast they all knocked it.

Top Gear was ok. The Volante test was TG at it's best but the rest of the programme was "MEH!" at best.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

thought 5th gear was excellent last night.Personally liked the Aston feature and the car testing was more intelligent than TG with proper drivers.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Well the shit in my toilet is better than Top Gear tonight, Couldn't finish watching it and confined to the shit bin. I agree with Kimbers that Fifth gear was better. Top Gear is great for the kids, as the presenters mentality is better matched to this demographic.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I'm still to yet make an effort to watch this series of TG as it's broadcast. I've just been out for a bite to eat with my daughter and as we were finishing up she mentioned we'd missed it again tonight.

iPlayer for us once more, maybe tomorrow evening now.

Really? I thought the cyclist part was entertaining and will no doubt get some bad press but I too am annoyed daily by cyclists. The BMW vs golf was vw biased obviously, the porsche was pretty cool too? I think your right there entertaining the masses on Sunday night for ratings, your more likely to get a serious show on discovery mid day. I'll have to give 5th gear a watch I may have forgot what top gear used to be like?

The bike item felt to me like budget restraints meant they needed a cheap item.  I am not sure why else they would have done that.

Edited by Nelly9000

Must admit I thought it was the most pointless episode yet. The only good part was the first 10 minutes and even then they ridiculed the Merc immediately and we never got to see it compete against the other 2!

I fast forwarded the bike bit too....and he Porker test. Which was just as pointless. All it was was Hammond driving round a track saying "Arrrgggghhhh this is good". 

• Like 1

The bike item felt to me like budget restraints meant they needed a cheap item.  I am not sure why else they would have done that.

Infuriate cyclists which they sure did! 

Boring bias tosh this week. Thank goodness for the Porsche bit.

The boring predictable jokes continue.. If it was funny that would be ok but all a bit too contrived for me.

I do hope they upload those bike videos to youtube. I actually liked the idea - work harder, get a car  :smoke:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower!