Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 22 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

Clarkson, Hammond and May are spotted in Argentina, with a Porsche 928, Mustang and a red Lotus Esprit V8! Looks like antoher special coming up.

Original link doesn't seem to be working anymore (at least not at the moment on my laptop)

http://autoblog.com.ar/2014/09/top-gear-argentina/

Pictures can also be found over here:

http://www.autoblog.nl/image-gallery?file=0_Divers/Top_Gear_Argentinie/

Just guessing, but I would expect Hammond in the Mustang, Captain Slow in the Porsche and Clarkson in the Esprit.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I would guess Hammond in the Esprit, unless there's going to be a recurring joke about how Clarkson can't fit in, or get in and out of the esprit. I see Clarkson in the Mustang spinning the wheels going "powerrrrr" a lot.... And James May in the 928 going "wonderfully efficient buttons"

I'm with thomas

Clarkson has always loved the Esprit, said it will be properly sad when they stop making them.

Hammond is a wannabe American, he carries if off very well.

May, he's a rock steady reliable kinda guy.

Just my thoughts, but before I read thomas' post I was thinking the same...

Chunky Lover

Translation of the article :

Gear, the program's most famous cars in the world, recorded for the next two weeks an episode in the Patagonia Argentina. The famous BBC show filmed a cruise down Route 40, linking Bariloche to Ushuaia. So is it confirmed to Autoblog several local sources, who participated in the production of the program during the last two months.

The photos that illustrate this paper were taken this afternoon by José Bellora, paparazzo and correspondent Autoblog header in Bariloche. The images belong to the Llao Llao Hotel parking lot, where the three classic sports that will star cruise are: a Porsche 928 GT, a Lotus Esprit V8 and a Ford Mustang Mach 1 All three have RHD.

For the uninitiated, it's a classic Top Gear expose less appropriate cars to the most extreme situations. Everything indicates that this voyage will mark a new milestone, where it is difficult to imagine that these three collector car can reach the goal in the same state.

The three sports and part of the production team are in the hotel from this weekend. Today also got the support vehicles that move to film crews: Toyota Hilux and SW4 all Argentines.

For this Wednesday are already booked rooms on behalf of the three hosts of the show: Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond. It is estimated that the journey will start on Friday. It would take almost two weeks to get to Ushuaia.

From Bariloche, Bellora reported: "The cars were unlocked, but it did not seem fair play to open the doors. We were going to look like the 'Italian garden'. I know the Route 40 and those cars with that clearance, plowing they will go all the way. Those who know the ground we know that, between the tracks, always rises a pile of stones.It is impossible to move forward with that cleared! If you really go for the 40, the only sound is the Mustang come. And I hope you have brought several windshield replacement. "

A minor detail is not the amount of spare wheels that charge the cars, especially Porsche.

In Autoblog's opinion, is likely to receive the file changes, as usually happens halfway on all cruises Top Gear (see example below).

What state will arrive in Ushuaia? It only knows the legendary mastermind behind the most watched car show on the planet: Andy Wilman.

This is not the first time Top Gear plans a special program in this area of the planet. In 2012 he became a special preproducirse in the Falkland Islands, but was ruled out because of political unrest (see note). Coincidentally, now chose Route 40, the longest and most demanding in the country, just as there is a bill to rename it as "Nestor Kirchner" (see note).

Given the tyres stored in the back of the 928, I'd suggest that's Clarkson's ride. Hammond in the Mach 1 goes without saying, but May has a history of being fond of Lotus as his campervan Excel showed.

Having him in something so quick (compared with the other two cars) will be the best handicap that car will have of not being able to whizz off into the distance.

Oh yeah - I forgot Richard Hammond owns or used to own a Mustang - an email came round at work with a list of abandoned cars in the underground car park that were going to be crushed, two of them turned out to belong to a production company and were used in a top gear episode (AMG mercedes and a bmw 850), and one was Richard Hammonds Mustang that he 'forgot he owned'.

Either way that will be one decent Esprit that will be destroyed!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Well, Max from Lakeside is there so at least the V8 has a chance of being able to complete its journey. If that's Hammond's own car then what are the chances there will actually be any real destruction?

Mind you, unless that ex-factory car was peanuts, it goes to show they have a reasonable budget this time. The Mach 1 isn't exactly cheap (£10-£15k?) and I guess the 928 is a similar price too, depending on spec. These aren't exactly £1000 junkers.

I feel for that V8....it's going to suffer some serious pain. But it's good to see it getting some exposure. Best looking car of the lot tbh. And Futuras too :)

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

I don't think it is Hammonds own car, just in response to someone saying Hammond likes Mustangs....

Btw in comparison to the production cost for what ends up being a pretty big crew, the cost of the cars is not that significant, Clarkson told me that on the one in Africa with a Lancia Beta and the "oliver"(?) car, the crew size was over 100 and i can't remember how long he said it took to film, but it's majorly expensive! And the ratio of hours filmed for each minute used in the programme is crazy, apparently higher than virtually any other production.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tip top gear :D

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg