Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 9 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

I can see Jeremy on next weeks Top Gear News.

"Now, We have been inundated with thousands of e-mails asking why we are not showing the Exige S. So here it is...(2 second clip of photo)...there, happy? Right, on to the new Sphyncter Supercar that costs a trillion dollars......"

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Maybe they've decided it's such a good car they don't want to test it in the wet and cold and are saving it for a major feature in the summer!!!

Ofc I could be wrong :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I can see Jeremy on next weeks Top Gear News.

"Now, We have been inundated with thousands of e-mails asking why we are not showing the Exige S. So here it is...(2 second clip of photo)...there, happy? Right, on to the new Sphyncter Supercar that costs a trillion dollars......"

Over/under on reference to "turnips," and/or their custodians, being 2... <_<

• Gold FFM

Fingers crossed for a relatively good programme tonight. A Race from Wembley to the San Siro.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

TG rocks. This evenings was much more relaxed - far less forced than last week's.

Just occurred to me that by emailing TG en masse, we (cos I sent one too) have ensured that the Exige is never put on the programme.

Cos, if they did they would be acquiescing to popular demand and therefore open to an avalanche of similar demands from all sorts of crazed single issue motoring maniacs. Shame that, cos the new Exige up against maybe the new Wildcat Helicopter the most manoeuvreable heli in the world sure would have been something.

Mind you, the programme's faltering popularity may be our saviour. They could run it as a 'look how popular we still are' piece, but I'm reaching here.

Sudders

Sudders and Dany

This weeks program was very dull, a boring car drives hundreds of miles on a motorway whilst a fat yorkshire bloke eats pork pies, meanwhile two presenters looking past their sell by dates are sat on a train looking at a laptop every 5 mins.

It was more than dull, utter shite,  really is this the best they can do?

The bit on the GT86 was passable as they reviewed an affordable car for a change.

Somebody will be ordering a Hammer at the beeb to nail the coffin shut if the remaining 3 or 4 episodes are this bad.

If you missed it and will use the iPlayer, think twice about that hour of life you will potentially waste, instead get some crown emulsion on the wall and watch it dry.

I felt like they should have done the FT-86 review on the street. In fact I'd like to see most of the reviews taken off the runway and onto some proper driving roads. Otherwise I enjoyed it, but I've enjoyed the rest of the series too, guess I'm not grumpy enough  :P 

And Amy Macdonald  :wub: 

'86 Lotus Esprit Turbo

I'd love to have seen that Mustang go round the TG track... does it go round corners? Horrible car, would've been amazing to have seen the Exige S on that challenge.... are we still keeping the e-mail pressure on? 

I enjoyed the show though, I've no idea who Amy McDonald is but she's a serious petrol head! 

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

• Gold FFM

Well I just watched episode 1. What's not to like about the P45 segment? It is quote possible that I judge TG UK based on a comparison to the rest of Aus TV. (which is rubbish) Based on that, I got quite a laugh out of this.

Also liked Daniel Lewis in the lap.

Right. Now on to episode 2.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Awesome piece of rat droppings last night. 5 minutes of good testing and 50 of pants with 5 mins of eye candy in the middle....HAWT or what??

Lets see more of the affordable Sports cars tests please!

And anyone else get excited when they said he had to choose a car that cost £35000? For a minute I really really thought that it would be an Elise or a Secondhand Evora!! But am I the only one who wanted the Mustang purely because of it's mucle car looks and the noise it makes? I mean, seriously, it sounded gorgeous! IU can over look everything else!

Must say I enjoyed the test on the Toyota/Subaru but couldn't help but keep thinking that a secondhand Supercharged Exige S2  is a better buy at £25k than a new Toyota.

Yup, and they never said it had to be a new car!!!!!!

Unfortunately it was mostly drivel. Shame. I keep watching, believing it can only get better. Wrong :-(

If you took the best of TG and the best of Fifth gear, you would have a good programme me thinks.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

I'm confused. The Kimi interview was from last year, not 2013. May driving the Californian was from a previous series as I've seen that before.

So a fair bit of this one was dragged from the archives.

Enjoyed the rallycross. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

We are obviously talking different series here Mike!