Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Chris Evans' Car-fest - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Chris Evans' Car-fest

Bibs

£60 a ticket? :huh:

http://www.carfest.org

If there are club stands shall we attend? I think the ticket price will put a lot of people off though, this seems to be more a music festival with cars than a car show per se. No bad thing but I'm not sure it will encourage 'car' people along.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what it is but he just grates on me, like nails down a blackboard, plus The Feeling are on the bill, thats enough to put me off.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Laverstock Park food, air displays, "Britain's Best" food stalls, Cakes Vs Pie contest, Texas, The Magic Numbers, Bootleg Beatles and a couple of days 'glamping' and all for charidee has me sold!

Oh, and some car stuff apparently?

yes but you forgot The Feeling with there limp wristed pap

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I've no idea why The Feeling are I'm afraid but that's the thing I enjoy about festivals, hearing music I've not heard before or wandering off to find something else to entertain me if the music is offensive to my ears.

Just seen this today, the website is now saying tickets are sold out.

Unless there is a chance we could get in via the car club route? Ferrari, Porsche and Marcos have owners clubs there.

• 3 months later...

Looks like I may be the only one from this site that is going to the Car Fest then.

Found out yesterday that my Esprit has been selected for one of the "magnificent seven" hill climbs in the anniversaries group.

I'll add updates once I get the drivers' pack.

Peter

What little I know is the display cars are not the kind you or I own and enjoy, the Porsche allocation was a handful of very rare and expensive classics owned by tweed wearing pipe smokers and everything else was refused.

You should have mailed them as Andrew Bibblebetts Farquar, and told them you were arriving by helicopter while your men trailered the car over from the museum.

IMO this was an oppertunity lost by Chris Evans as he could have had fields and field of petrolheads and their cars AND hundreds of people wanting to see them and get a bit closer than the 'don't touch' signs on the exotic and rare.

:)

Edited by Paul C

Hi Bibs

I had given up hope last week (4 months after originally submitting my car details) but I was lucky enough to meet a Brands Event co-ordinator at the London Club Golf Live event. He gave me his email back in May and fortunately passed on my enquiry to a colleague dealing with the Car Fest.

I hope Lotus have a club group representation from somewhere

Peter

Looks like I may be the only one from this site that is going to the Car Fest then.

Found out yesterday that my Esprit has been selected for one of the "magnificent seven" hill climbs in the anniversaries group.

I'll add updates once I get the drivers' pack.

Peter

Hi Peter, I also have tickets and we are camping for the weekend. Looks like it will be a great event and has something for everyone. Happy to meet up if you like, by all means pm me.

Cheers

Martin

Again I submitted my car but not some much as a dicky bird. I agree with the above this is a missed opportunity to have a day where Classic & Sportscar fans can get together and have a great day enjoying cars and music. seems to me this was more about the music than cars.

Edited by gasmangt3

Hi all, been lurking now a basic account member, not a Lotus owner at present ( current car V6 Morgan) £60 sounds a lot but I've booked the Lotus factory tour @ £69 so perhaps thats the going rate

Looks like my inclusion in the hill climb is for real as I've been asked to provide a car picture for the show programme.

You were right Martin about the camp site options but I've been told participators will have their own camp site allocation but at a cost of £100 to cover the water, electrics and shower facilities.

Of the 14 hill climb categories I'll be one of seven cars celebrating an anniversary.

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested I've received my driver's pack together with some daunting BRSCC rules despite the hill climb being a non timed "procession at speed" over 0.9 km course.

Nick Mason will have 7 of his vast collection taking part and participators are required to report for scrutineering this Friday.

Shame the weather wont be as good as it was for the Brands Hatch festival.

If anyone is going to Carfest this weekend please pop over and say hello as I will be on the Club Lotus Stand as part of the "Lotus Magnificent Seven Display" with my Lotus Elite.

Best Regards

Ed

Dorset_Elite

Lotus Elite 502 (Essex Blue)