Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit still gets the vote...... - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit still gets the vote......

Deanchad

..... Its amazing how many people still love a wedge. Pleasantly surprised to win best car 2012 at Retro Rides Gathering on sunday.

Quite a big turn out too. This was just 1 of 3 fields full, from Bentley napier to Farrari's and the odd esprit :thumbsup: Its the first time I have Been to Prescot hillclimb, normally travel over to shelsley but its a great venue

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

post-14192-0-49710400-1345586511.jpg

post-14192-0-76494500-1345586508.jpg

post-14192-0-15426400-1345586590.jpg

post-14192-0-61576900-1345586592.jpg

post-14192-0-18264100-1345586593.jpg

post-14192-0-77121100-1345586513.jpg

post-14192-0-21214000-1345586589.jpg

post-14192-0-33510000-1345586591.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great looking car, not suprised you won - well done!

The Esprit always seems to be liked by a wide cross section of people, it seems to have universal appeal whether you normally like classics, supercars etc.

Congratulations Dean - good work!

Sorry your car was vandalised though. I know where you can get some more waistline trim ;)

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

Interested to see pics of the suspension alterations you must have made? I think I will leave mine but curious...

Congratulations Dean - good work!

Sorry your car was vandalised though. I know where you can get some more waistline trim ;)

The waistline trim was removed when the car was resprayed years ago. I'm used to it having none now, dear I say.... prefere it!

Interested to see pics of the suspension alterations you must have made? I think I will leave mine but curious...

The suspension details will be in a mag near you soon! How many people on here still have their original suspenion on the car?

Do you detail the car yourself? What process do you go through?

Its not at all in show condtion really but its much better than it was. How do you mean detail the car? If you mean all the suspension work, it has been done by days of measuring and weeks of fabricating ( but not chassis invasive). Various ways like using photoshop and past car experiences to show previous cars in magazines. Its what I like but most dont. The thing with this car is it can be return to standard in a few hours..... maybe days.

Between the too-skinny-for-the-rim tread and the angle of the rear wheels it almost looks like a Yank teenager's 'tuned' Civic. :huh:

Beautiful otherwise; congratulations on the win and it's good to see our cars get some well-deserved recognition.

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

• Gold FFM

Jeeezus. My nodding dog wouldn't last long in the back of that.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I noticed the rear wheels as well and what looks like excessive camber?

Car does look good though. Congratulations on the win.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I noticed the rear wheels as well and what looks like excessive camber?

Car does look good though. Congratulations on the win.

The camber is only because the air is fully released. All s3's would have a camber like this if the spring were taken out. Normal camber at ride height

Cheers for your comments

Edited by Deanchad

Air in tyres (or lack thereof) shouldn't alter camber, the ride height relative to wheel centre is unaffected by tyre height.

Yes, with springs out it would give excessive camber, does that mean you lowered it via springs/ spring bases for the day relative to the height you'd normally run with?

Air in tyres (or lack thereof) shouldn't alter camber, the ride height relative to wheel centre is unaffected by tyre height.

Yes, with springs out it would give excessive camber, does that mean you lowered it via springs/ spring bases for the day relative to the height you'd normally run with?

I think he has air suspension, and it is lowered all the way for display, and raises for driving.

The whole tuner/slammed crowd is not my cup of tea, but I do appreciate those guys and what they do, they are serious car nuts, and I'm glad to see Esprit representation. Well done, Dean! :)

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Ah, didn't think about air springs. Not the sort of thing I'd do but that's because it relates very much to the attention to every detail such as having every piece of metal cleaning and gleaming whereas mine has a "protective layer of oil and general grime".

It's definitely not to everyones taste but its individual, taking nothing away from the beautiful s3 looks. Ive made a point of keeping the chassis completely original so it can be put back to original if I wanted to, with a subtle install so the boot space can be used. I have used the best suspension systems you can get and the air struts are fabricated by a company in th US. These are controlled by potentiometers to keep the correct ride height (kind of active suspension) which gives a really plush ride with no bounce.

Dont worry, Im not going to be adding ridiculous spoilers or 10'' exhaust pipes, thats it for the outside. I am however going to cover the interior as it has been sun bleached and is proving difficult to keep on top of. Also, I have a little blue smoke under load so I will be addressing this over the winter months.

What sort of mileage do you fellas do in a year?