Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Newlands Corner Monthly Meet & Tour of Britain - Sunday 16th September - UK - SLEGS (Southern Lotus (England) Group) - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Newlands Corner Monthly Meet & Tour of Britain - Sunday 16th September

• Gold FFM

Time for another Sunday breakfast gathering for some of the finest bacon rolls around. In collaboration with the "little cars" this is now a regular third Sunday of the month event, a chance to gather with like-minded enthusiasts and a cross section of Lotus models.

An informal gathering with no particular runs in or out organised, just a chance to chat, look at cars and take in the view. Join from 09.00 when the cafe opens for bacon rolls. We'll probably be around until 10.00/10.30.

Location map for Newlands Corner here

Note that Stage 8 of the Tour of Britain from Reigate To Guildford will be passing very close to Newlands Corner later on Sunday (race is 12.00-16.00). If you want to watch there are good places nearby. There will be rolling road blocks to control traffic around the race, rather than all-day closures, but be prepared for extra traffic in the area and possible delays of 30-60 minutes when road blocks are operating. More info here.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan - is that the big Riverhead Tesco ??

I'd be glad to meet up with you there first and will aim to be there by 8.30am.

I'll call / text you if there's problems, otherwise assume I'll be joining your convoy :)

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue

http://lexi.mantaur.co.uk

• Gold FFM

I can help remedy that. I now have an appointment in Highgate at 1100 that I must attend. Really miffed.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Sorry folks - I'm most likely going to have to bail out of this as I've got lots of work issues requiring my attention over the weekend. Its still possible I can make it but unlikely :(

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue

http://lexi.mantaur.co.uk

Still planning on being there myself. But not another cycle event. I actually hate cyclists who make no contribution whatsoever to road upkeep and pay no insurance and insist on cycling two or three abreast and jumping traffic lights. Since the Olympics its got out of hand with everyone thinking they are Barry Wiggins or whatever his name is.

They are clogging up the roads down South and its only a matter of time before (hopefully) they start getting mown down. Rant over feel better now.

• Gold FFM

Know what you mean. We live near Box Hill and since they announced the Olympic road race route it has got steadily busier with cyclists round here. It's been really busy in the last week too and this morning MrsE nearly had a head on collision with a car pulling out round a huge group of cyclists. Hopefully when the weather gets colder it'll quieten down. I cycle myself but it's much nicer offroad round here.

Will pop along this morning for a Coffee and bacon roll, just checked the "tour of Britian" map and its coming right pasted my house!! so guess I wont be able to get out for a short while later on today.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein