Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
EXHAUST MANIFOLD UPGRADE. - Page 4 - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

EXHAUST MANIFOLD UPGRADE.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no problem Peter.

Whipped the prototype of mine yesterday , 1hr 50 min start to finish

including the floor pan... A bit quicker than a cast one me thinks....

I have made an appointment to take it to the manufacturers for final

tooling/jigging , also to confirm the spec..

Unfortunately they are blown out busy and can not see me till week Thursday.

This is unfortunate as i want to get things finalised a.s.a.p.

I will keep all advised as it happens...

Count me in for one here in the USA (Maryland) Where do I send money? Thanks! Dave, please confirm you picked me up on your list as I have a builder waiting to repair my old iron pipes if I miss out on this. 321 SS?

MikieP

Edited by MikieP

Hi Alan,

Agreed, they are not comparable in format and perhaps quality and materials - but $1540 will play a big role which way I go esp if the one herein is 321SS and not 304SS. 304SS is not a long term solution AFAIAC. The price is OK even if it is not equal length tube, if it is 321SS, otherwise might have to spend to extra funds even though I can not afford it. Am at the end of a ridiculously expensive drive train rebuild and am on hold now waiting to find a manifold that will last as I have to pay someone to work on my coach. No space, no body and no experience to deal with it myself. Not having ever driven or seen what I am supposed to end up and therefore becoming more and more skeptical of promised results, this seems more like the bottomless pit of a boat rather than a car. lol.

Changes,

Take me off the list, please. Told by my mechanic I needed one yesterday so ordered the Alunox as it is 321 and equal length whereas no idea what the SS one in this thread is made of at this point and I have to have one immediately. Sorry to take the number down, but timeliness is sometimes more important than money. hated to spend so much money but engine out to replace the next cracked one is only penny foolish at this point. Good luck in your purchases and may they go forth very well.

MikieP

I have been with the manufactures today with my manifold to finalise spec and

details..... Unfortunately i have now been informed that they can not duplicate

my spec as i have it in the 321 S/S  at the price initially stated... There are a

couple of other issues that came up once they viewed my unit, which i had informed

them of but were not factored in which added to the outcome..

I am bitterly disappointed as i thought this would be a cost effective solution for

esprit owners.

I am truly sorry for giving false hope to those who needed one, but it isn't to be.

The Alunox one seems to be an alternative for those who are desperate. It may be worth

everyone contacting mark K to see if he can get group buy discount on that unit.

It should also be considered that my unit was to be supplied at virtually manufacturing

cost. so the Alunox one is not out of the park on price...considering it is available at one

off and in stock ready to go..

I am sorry if you feel I let you down but circumstances out of my control have dictated the outcome...

Dave

To all needing an Exhaust Manifold for their rides:

I do not want to hijack this thread however I have just now spoken with Leon Pearce @ Alunox today (via email as I live in the US) during the purchasing of his product this past Tuesday for my Esprit and spoke of this thread.

Yes, its cost is more and for me, a lot of money, however it is made of 321SS, has slip joints, and has other pertinent design facets that appear to make the higher cost palatable.

He indicated he would consider a group purchase at a lower cost to us if we committed soon and had deposits laid on soonest. Yes, deposits. I do not know what the final amount would be, nor do I know how much the deposit would be.

My sole benefit on this would be I would get the reduced price on the one I just bought. Back to you, Dave.

And would someone tell my why my paragraph breaks are not showing up, please? <p>Used <p> here,

and now the enter key here. lol

post-13088-0-23321500-1354285175.jpg

Edited by MikieP

Lets see if this works, Bibs.

This is a paragraph break.

Woo Hoo!

Always check the box "Return Key makes a new paragraph." Thank you. Bibs.

Edited by MikieP