Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2bular? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2bular?

Hi,

I have recently become the proud owner of a Evora LE and like most owners I find the Toyota soundtrack a little lacking in aural pleasure. I am not after a booming boy racer exhaust and would like to hold a conversation in the vehicle when cruising, but would just like a little more from the exhaust.

I know there has been much discussed about the Lotus sports exhaust and Larini, but does anybody have any experience or recommendations on the 2bular system? These seem to be highly regarded in the Lotus community (Elise/Exige systems) yet there doesn't seem to be much documented on the Evora system.

Any help on making my decision a little easier would be much appreciated. A Radium CAI is also on the cards however I would like to sort the exhaust before the induction.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems the 2bular fans are hanging around on Lotustalk, whereas Larini has a larger popularity here.

For myself I find the stock exhaust, at least with the KomoTec headers to be more than loud enough at high speeds. My ears were ringing quite eavily after I covered 70 kilometers in 17 minutes on Wednesday.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Not got any experience with the 2bular but mine is fitted with the Lotus sports exhaust (with the blue tips) which is worth a look and cheaper than you might think I seem to remember.

Trevor

I'll get around to it at some point.

£3.5k sounds high for the 2bular system, the website is pretty good, just don't forget to scroll down a little otherwise you will miss the interesting stuff.

See this page for Evora specific items... http://www.2bular.co...chk=1&Itemid=80

You can see here that the parts are about £1900 plus VAT (which is still a lot of money) for the top row of items, which is all you need if fitting a full system, add something for fitting and you're up and running. :)

post-879-0-56918100-1352468829.jpg

I have never had anything from 2bular but I am impressed with what I have seen and read. I would really like to get a full system fitted but I can't justify the cost to myself yet.

cheers

-Chris

I wasn't going to stretch to a full system, seems a bit extravagant to me, I am a (tight) yorkshire man. So the 2bular backbox does seem good value as it does away with the 3rd cat, so no need for a de-cat pipe as well. I was intrigued by this system splitting into twin silencers, not sure on the effect this will have on sound, performance, etc, if any? Cheers for your help

Cheers Jimbo,

More options to ponder. There is no doubt the fundamental design of the standard exhaust is already pretty good, so I had considered the drastic approach of cutting the silencer open, removing some of the silencer wadding and re-welding back up. Anyone handy with a TIG set should be able to carry out the operation although it does seem a little brutal.

well, i dont know much about the 2bular but as i see in the other forums they have larger manifolds than the stock one or the supersprint one.. i got the complete racing exhaust of the supersprin with decat and radium cai. and what i can say is just theres nobosy that would not like my combinartion. i may be prefered the larger 2bular exhaust but i believe that would creat more drown than acceptable in lower rpms so i am really ok with my ss system. i would suggest it anyone asking but i need to mention that i am really curious about the larger dia of 2bular. i believe 2bular would be better for forced induction rather than ss but really its a matter of trying the combinations.

cheers.

dm

Thanks. Applies even if I have a blue tipped sports exhaust?

Trevor.

Yes, although your Carbon Concept Evora was used for development so it might have had a decat pipe fitted. Use a torch to look through the left rear difusser grille to see if it has a simple pipe or if there is a cat. Use this diagram as a guide.

http://www.deroure.c...SC=0&ST=exhaust

Your sports exhaust is smaller than the standard one so there's more space to the left for you to see the cat.

Edited by JAWS

I have the lotus sports exhaust(blue tips)with 2bular 3rd cat delete pipe. Sounds just right:-)

I'm with Khyber on this. Same set up and not that expensive. Any louder and it would be intrusive after a while especially on long journeys and would also annoy the neighbours. I actually find myself driving the car very gently in town with early upchanges if out first thing or very late on for this reason.

Having said that if you have a LE car (my first) you probably have the LR box and not the CR box so you will sit about 2,000 rpm at 80 rather than 3,000 and it might not get so wearing.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Yes, although your Carbon Concept Evora was used for development so it might have had a decat pipe fitted. Use a torch to look through the left rear difusser grille to see if it has a simple pipe or if there is a cat. Use this diagram as a guide.

http://www.deroure.c...SC=0&ST=exhaust

Your sports exhaust is smaller than the standard one so there's more space to the left for you to see the cat.

Thanks for the info, I'll have a look and report back.

Trevor

I'll get around to it at some point.

I have the lotus sports exhaust(blue tips)with 2bular 3rd cat delete pipe. Sounds just right:-)

I'm with Khyber on this. Same set up and not that expensive. Any louder and it would be intrusive after a while especially on long journeys and would also annoy the neighbours. I actually find myself driving the car very gently in town with early upchanges if out first thing or very late on for this reason.

So the 2bular 3rd cat deletion is a lot louder than just the Sports exhaust alone? I have the CR box, the Sports exhaust and the CAI and don't have to drive particularly gently in any circumstances. The sound only builds when up to medium power. I have been considering 3rd cat removal, but not if it' s going to mean having to worry about the neighbours etc.

Edited by mdavies

A lot louder. I'd say in very rough terms the same difference again as it was going from the standard exhaust up to the sports exhaust. I was in the sports exhaust only mode for 2 years roughly and then fitted the 2bular de-cat kit and whilst I am really happy overall my car daft neighbour says he hears me streets away coming back if not early upchanging if he is working outside. I have been watching your CAI post with interest obviously but had always thought I'd wait and do one step at a time. After getting this I am holding where I am.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

A lot louder. I'd say in very rough terms the same difference again as it was going from the standard exhaust up to the sports exhaust.

Thank you for that Al, really useful, and with plenty of close neighbours I'm putting 3rd cat removal on ice for now. So.......what next ...... hope TDI get their IPR/Deals/Interested Parties/Commercial matters sorted out and their CAI goodies to market soon.

I've done it.

After much consideration, deliberation and um-ing and ah-ing, I have ordered a de-cat twin silencer backbox from 2bular for £700. Jim from 2bular said it is on a par with the Lotus sports backbox and de-cat pipe with regards sound/noise level. For me it seemed to strike the best balance between cost/quality, also with 2ubular having a good reputation and being very helpful with any queries I had it was a done deal. I'd like to thank everyone here for the help provided, I should get the exhaust in about a week and will post my impressions of the system here once it's fitted.

In another thread on the forum there was a discussion about changes to the MOT which talked about a CAT having to be present, not just does it have to pass the emissions test.

Are all the folk currently decatting their Evoras going to re-CAT their vehicles once they become over 3 years old?