Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Got my son a Lotus for christmas - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Got my son a Lotus for christmas

I brought my 11 year old son Jake a Lotus Excel for christmas.

He had spent so long helping me with my cars in the garage over the last 5 years, going to every Lotus show and has been on about how great it would be to own an Excel.

I thought I would post up his reaction (total surprise) on Chrismas morning when he got his fist Lotus !

Matt

Edited by Matt-watts

The more the merrier :yes:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Matt,

When I'm done editing the Esprit S1 documentary, I'll set aside the footage I have of Colin Spooner going on at length about how the Excel was his favorite Lotus. He was really passionate about it. Anyway, might be something cool to go with the car.

- Matt

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

What a billiant gift Matt, look forward to reading about the restoration :thumbsup:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

And will we be seeing young Jake's commentary  in the "Introductions" thread soon? :D

That is one happy camper, Matt. :thumbsup:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Very nice!

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

• Gold FFM

Awesome!

Kudos.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I want you as my dad! What a great gift and it'll keep giving as he works on it in anticipation of driving it!

Nice one Matt!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I want you as my dad! What a great gift and it'll keep giving as he works on it in anticipation of driving it!

Nice one Matt!

Of all the Lotus-Fans who could be asking for a new dad! :huh:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I too think its awesome and a cool present and wish that all those years ago my parents had bought me a lotus for Xmas!

But....

I also think without intending to be it is a very cruel thing to do. The poor lad will spend the next 5-6 years restoring it and then either have to sell it or sit on it unused in the garage for another 5-10 years.

My son is currently driving his first car a 1.1 Peugeot worth about £500 and his insurance is over £2000. That's when he is a learner. If he passed his test tomorrow his insurance would jump up to £4800. I'm sure if he approached any insurance company and said he wanted to insure a 2.2 lotus excel they would laugh at him or make the premium tens of £000s.

But if like me he gets most pleasure out of fixing cars rather than driving them, it's still a very generous and cool thing to do.

Well done Dad!

John

Hi Matt - well done - great surprise and awesome idea!

(also I recognize that your dog didn´t want the restauration to be complete before a drive out as she/he jumps on the passenger seat to get the party started! - of course it must be a british dog trained for RHD....)

:clap:  :thumbup:

What a present.

But, you have set the bar high - imagine what he will get his kids when the time comes!!

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

and the next question is:

..will he get now parts to restore the thing ..every christmass & birthday ?

-or how is the way it goes within the next years, compared to this level of cristmass present

At least, it is good to spend his type of pocket-money on this, instead of fastfood ;)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..