Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Elite and Eclat Register - Page 2 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Elite and Eclat Register

Dunc

No, I don't think I do Peter.

I only have one gold coloured 1979 Elite, and the owners name and area are different.

if you send a normal email to elite-eclat-register@hotmail.com I will send you a registration form.

I'd be delighted to add your car to the list.

best wishes

Duncan

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Hi Dunc, I know of a further 4 cars up in our area all of which have been off the road long term. One is an early Brown Elite which is basicaly just a shell now, the second one is a Green Elite which is supposed to be for restoration but I don't think it will ever happen, the final two are both early Eclats, both Yellow and have been in long term storage. The plans for one of them is to fit a big Chevy engine, if this will ever happen I dont know but I doubt it but at least they are in inside storage and may be saved at some point. I do know of a further three cars which are way up in the far North of Scotland but I can't reveal the details as per the owners request as one is a bit special and he wants to do a rebuild before it goes public. I recon it must be the furthest North unknown Elite in the UK and it is one of the least expected locations you could ever think of.

Well......

I think the furthest North location in the UK on the register is a member in the 'broch! :unworthy:

It kind of depends on where "exactly" your other cars are. Looking on the map, I think the 'broch is probably further North? But the west Highlands & Islands clearly wint he prize for being the most remote, even though further South!

The furthest north Lotus Elite is in Finland (although there is a rumour of a car being in Iceland at some point....).

• Gold FFM

I know the one in the Broch and it has not been seen for a long time, she sat in a showroom for years and I tried to buy it earlier this year but was too late, the far North ones I am speaking of are Very Far North West to the extreme.

I think that is a different car John - The one in the Broch is a recent(ish) purchase, but it was sourced from a lock up in Aberdeen where it had languished for years.

The 'broch is pretty far North. On a map It is further north than Inverness, and a good portion of the west Highlands and Islands. I think most East coast scots (i.e. me)  just think of it as being closer to home because its only 40 miles up from Aberdeen, but unless these cars you are talking about are in Ullapool, Thurso, Dornoch, Wick or Harris, there isn't much left that is further North.

Fraserburgh is further North than Inverness, Skye, Mallaig, Fort William etc.

Gerrard,

I have a form which gather an amount of information. If you send a mail to elite-eclat-register@hotmail.com I will have your return email address and can send you the form.

Hope to hear from you soon.

nb car looks nice!

• Gold FFM

High Dunc, the car in the broch is not the same one then, the one I know sat in a showroom for about 5 years and was never for sale, I pressed at the guy several times then he decided to sell ( White Exel with Red leather interior ) and I was all ready to buy complete with new MOT, belts etc but I was gazumped at the last moment by a local guy, he had it delivered just a few miles outside the broch and as far as I can tell it has not moved since. The others I know of, well you are pretty close with your guess with Ullapool, Thurso, Dornoch, Wick or Harris but I cant say more than that as I have to respect the guys privacy. Geographly you are correct, well almost with Peterhead being the most North Easterly point of Scotland, the Broch being ever so slightly North West. When I say North I am speaking about way up on the North West side of Scotland and close to the areas mentioned. As previously stated I cannot reveal the location at the request of the current owner however I will send you some info in a pm which cant go public.

Probably, but I am up in Scotland playing with my éclat 521 at the moment, and the only internet access I have is my phone. When I am in London, my work server blocks access to Hotmail, so I can only pick up those emails from home during evenings/weekends.

Will respond this weekend.

:-)

• 1 month later...

Hi Dunc, do you have any idea on how many are left here in the states? I recently purchased a 77 503 that I'm currently working on and hopefully will be back on the road in the spring.

Best regards,

Kenny

'89 Esprit, '77 Elite 503, '72 MGB, '95 XJ12, '10 Mini Cooper, '67 Imperial, '78 New Yorker, '76 Town & Country '73 Cessna 150

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Duncan,

I believe I am already on this list but just wanted to check with you to see for sure.

Bought mine in 1982 and has to be one of the lowest miles with only 28,800 on the od. It is a '74 and a 503, I believe, with a/c but no power steering.

Being on the NW coast of the US, no doubt wins the farthest west car lol..........or at least one of them.  

Thanks,

Richard

would be nice to see the complete list of cars world wide that still survive till now.  :D

Edited by Elite 4.9

Could this register be expanded to include Excels?

Chris

A few people have asked about this Chris.

My preference would be not to include the later Eclat Excels. There is so little out there on the web dedicated to elites and eclats, and there are already some good resources for the Lotus Excels in cyberspace.

This is in no way a slight on excels - as you'll see from my sidebar I own an excel. I just think it needs to be something especially for the earlier wedges, and I don't really want to tread on the toes of other people already doing good things for excels elsewhere.

Dunc

I fully understand .... however I've just received my V5 for my 89 car, and the model name is ECLAT - no mention of Excel anywhere :rtfm: - whereas my 87 car was an Eclat Excel, not sure why the model would go backwards

Looking at howmanyleft, the figures are

Elite:       183/257 - must include the earlier Elite as well

Eclat:       188/440

Eclat Excel: 140/266

My car must fall into the Eclat figures, so they are a bit misleading.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...