Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit 'Timeline' Display at Brands Hatch 2013 - Page 9 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit 'Timeline' Display at Brands Hatch 2013

Mark

I've just uploaded a photo of Brian's presentation on that thread

Here are a couple of the timeline from the Sunday, better weather and no RR  Disco to ruin the photos

IMG_1989_zps27c2fd00.jpg

IMG_1990_zps5f85f08b.jpg

IMG_1995_zpsd77aa646.jpg

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

• Gold FFM

Looks like a great lineup!

Well done Bibs for not letting up on it.

Kudos to all those that either got their cars there or offered their car for the display anyway. Must have been an awesome display.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

It was a wonderful sight and thanks to two very generous owners I got to sit in two of the stars of the show, Barrie's magnificent Essex Turbo and Ken's Sport 300. Both are the stuff of Lotus legend. If you're reading this Barrie, thanks again.

It was a huge thrill to follow Scott in the Sport 300 back around the M25. I have some video to show for it but in terms of road presence Lotus have yet to match the Sport 300. A glorious and incredibly rare sight on the roads. A 50mph limit section of the dreary M25 has never been so exciting!

Well done to all involved in the timeline it was one of the highlights of the festival.

Just to echo the above comments. .it was a great privilege to have been a part of the timeline and great to meet the owners. Good effort for weekend by all. And im so glad Brian Angus' favorite esprit colour is yellow ;)

Bib's I have to congratulate you on organising this. The pics look great! Well done bud.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Well done BIBS and all who managed to get to the event, awesome now you can get the knots out of your drawers and calm down for a while.

John.

I wish I'd read the sheet of paper I was handed at the gate! Would've loved to have taken the Purple Nasty around the track :( They looked magnificent guys. Every single one. Am I right in thinking that 2 out of 3 show and shine awards for the mid-era category were won by an Esprit?

Yes, Chris Cole's 1986 very shiny red Turbo was 1st and my Essex came 3rd. 

Great weekend, shame about the weather on Saturday but Sunday turned out really well. 

Thanks Bibs for pulling it all together. For me the Brian Angus Esprit time line was the highlight of the Festival although it was great to catch up and put faces to so many names.

Yes, Chris Cole's 1986 very shiny red Turbo was 1st and my Essex came 3rd. 

Great weekend, shame about the weather on Saturday but Sunday turned out really well. 

Thanks Bibs for pulling it all together. For me the Brian Angus Esprit time line was the highlight of the Festival although it was great to catch up and put faces to so many name

Yep, my car won but  I was a little supprised (but only a little!) as it was up against Bazz's Essex and the car that came 2nd, think it was an eclat or Excel?? Had a really interesting history, being used as a run around for the likes of James Hunt and others at Grand Prix events, but did look a bit odd with it's Essex livery. 

Do I still owe you the £3.00 Bibs?

Congratulations on the awards guys, great to see 2 esprits in the top 3!

I wish to thank Bibs for organising the timeline. It was pretty special to get all these cars in one place and lined up (excluding any Interloping Land Rovers!) Shame it was so hard to get any decent photos! ... if you have them please post them!

A brief video of Ken's Sport 300 brightening up a dreary trudge back down the M25 after Brands last Sunday.

I'm quite sure that a few of these would improve attention levels on motorways, hopefully the government will agree and look into it right away  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff Gert, and some lovely shots from Alexander, no surprise there!

cheers

:thumbup: 

• 4 months later...