Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Service time - oil, filter and Cambelt - Page 5 - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Service time - oil, filter and Cambelt

• Gold FFM

Flying solo this weekend mate!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok just to set the times etc

Friday evening......... 7.30 at the house for 8.00 at the Chinese will book tomorrow for Paul, wilf, Pete sue Megan and I, save a place for you sparky.

Saturday

8.00 breakfast for the over nighters

9.00 am start, first come first serve

Lunch around 2.00 bacon butties of something

6.00 BBQ, drinks and fun.

Sunday

10.00 breakfast for those staying over night

Finish of any cars end when we end.............

only about friday going to goodwood for week end .Its breakfast meet there on sunday

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Right, here we go...

First, I am not the definitive mechanical genius!  I've just been on the spanners for 35 years, and I enjoy it.  Slightly deranged, some might say - I do love doing Esprit cambelts.

Dave, Friday night arrival for me please.  I don't want payment for this; I think it'll be a barrel of laughs, and I'll just eat and drink my fill (in terms of liquid, that could be a substantial amount).

Might be cheaper to pay him if liquid is the preferred denomination !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smoke:

See you tomorrow. Will text with ETA when we leave home. Wilf is on jury service yer honour and I will have to wait for security to return her home :rambo:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

If you run out of jobs my car needs the timing reset (will bring equipment, just incase required by others with cambelt changes) following recent work and the carbs could always do with Sparkys magic tuning.

Will bring some bangers etc for Sat evening

I'll bring my carb tune over as well as well as my stunning personality :)

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

Thought you were bringing a banger in the morning.  :harhar:

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

don't diss the mighty carb turbos!!

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Nothing burns like a carb turbo

Amateurs built the Ark

• Gold FFM

Careful mate.  Dave said we're finishing up with a BBQ.

Slow and steady Mike, nothing wrong with that.

well the cars booked in for MOT tomorrow, just fixed the handbrake so fingers crossed

Amateurs built the Ark

Ive.only flicked through this.thread, so excuse me if ive missed the answer...someone mentioned concerns over changing the water pump at the same time..well as the cam belt is off, there are 5bolts to undo..just remove the auxiliary.cam pulley before.hand, yes if a can of.worms is.opened then it will indicate that more work should be done than just.a.belt.change...contentious owners will do the full hog..

if a can of.worms is.opened then it will indicate that more work should be done than just.a.belt.change...contentious owners will do the full hog..

Worms in my cooling system? :huh:

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

• Gold FFM

I have every intention of going at the pump, but it depends how those bolts feel as I don't want to strand Colin!

Doesn't look like I'll get there tomorrow night, but what time's breakfast on Saturday?  And I've lost your postcode, Dave!

Sparky.........................................You got a PM   :secret:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg