Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

@@@Bibs : just to put your picture of Germany in the right frame ...:-)

more colors in the south of Germany:

post-14744-0-87382000-1375731094.jpg

(esp very nice, but hard to see, a yellow and a two tone (light blue/  white) Europa from the seventies (father and son!) in the second row!

@@@all

in addition:

question of the day:

who is the (test-) driver of this Excel?

1st prize : one beer when you are in munich!

post-14744-0-85811400-1375731288.jpg

(it is not Bibs.....)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi everyone

A few people have asked me about my old snaps taken at the Lotus factory, Hethel, over 1979 - 1980.

I've rounded up all of the ones worth reproducing (not many!) that are in my possession (even less!) and chucked them onto Photobucket at this link:

http://s1179.photobucket.com/user/Prawno1/library/Lotus%20pics%20Hethel

Those interested in ancient history may enjoy them.

Remember this was pre-digital - don't expect too much from the old 35mm slide - print - scan reproduction process!

cheers

Sean

In June 2009 the Russian authorities reported over 500,000 drink-related deaths annually,  noting that Russians consume about 18 litres of spirits per year (8 litres being regarded as the safe limit for health) .

I wonder if any of the drivers in these pics had had a Babycham. Or two  ? The good news is, it probably relaxes the body on impact.

Edited by basalte

• Gold FFM

Hi Scott,  totally agree with what you said, " todays throw away culture and present day mechanics must replace instead of repair" The Mrs went to Glamis the other week with our old Excel which broke down on the way, The magic AA card came out and the "mechanic turned up to try and repair the car. After 4 hours she was on the back of the recovery truck on the way home with a diagnosed major electrical fault due to getting no fuel at the carbs, must be a problem with the ECU she was told. Two weeks later I get back from work overseas, lift the boot lid, take the cover of the ECU, well fuel pump to you and me, clean the contacts, switch on the ignition and fire her up, time taken 7 minutes. AA roadside= 4 hrs, two recovery trucks, 5 hrs and 70 miles later. Now work out the cost of that little lot, against my outlay, 7 minutes of my time.

That is a general problem with progress. Most of today's mechanics won't even know what a carburator is.

On the other hand, who knows on which end of a horse to put the oats in nowadays :-)

Edited by TBD

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

9599456207_d8da2e9c0f.jpg

9599455701_742b1a4923.jpg

9602691958_4d30bdf40c.jpg

Marvelous!

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower!