Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2014 National Esprit Meet - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2014 National Esprit Meet

hopo

There has been talk of this for quite some time, it simply requires someone to get of their arse and do it... yep... me.

The plan is as follows:

A shed loads of Esprits gather at meeting place "A" at a not unholy hour. Drivers are issued with a pack informing them of the next few hours proceedings, a rally plaque (because I've collected quite a few now  and they are pretty cool) a road book/possibly treasure hunt questionnaire and importantly a cup of tea.

Cars then set off on a proposed route in groups/one by one to complete said course/treasure hunt and reconvene at an allocated pub for lunch; Location "B"

Location "B" Ideally this pub (yes it will be a pub) should provide good food and a decent photo opportunity for all cars concerned It should also not break the bank. At this point there will be some stuff going on.... Prizes and a concourse competition for each era of cars,  etc (which Barrie is barred from!) and a chance to replace any oil/fuses that have blown on the drive there.

Cars then set off to location "C" via the road book whereupon drivers and vehicles gather for a well earned drink and chinwag. Then the night is young.....

This is likely to take place in March/April perhaps later if that suits as it will take a fair bit of organisation!

Can we please have thoughts on the above and an indication of whom is in and one of them attendee lists and momentum will grow.....

Boom! The 2014 National Esprit Meet.

Get your S**t together folks

Sounds good. I might be interested ... depends on the date - March is Okish, however, I'm already booked up for most of the weekends in April already, Also might well depend on where 'A' and 'C' are as I would quite probably want get home that evening.

Chris

How difficult can it be trying to find your way to a pub..?

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

I'm going to have to actually drive the Esprit at some point, so this looks like a good an excuse as any.

I particularly like the idea of excluding Barrie from the concours competition!

;) 

I'm going to have to actually drive the Esprit at some point, so this looks like a good an excuse as any.

I particularly like the idea of excluding Barrie from the concours competition!

;)

Promise I won't clean any of them it if I can come along..

Hopo - I think Bibo speaks wise words (again) and perhaps a better way forward would be to keep it simple - land on a date and find a good location that has a big/good car park together with plenty of food and drink. 

Trevor and I have that covered, we're organising and event at Brooklands/MBW for late April/early May. It will be for all Lotus cars, not just Esprits but won't involve any sort of run.

There's a good chance Donington won't happen next year and our event is to offer a 'season opener' alternative.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

As mentioned a great idea from Bibs.... and something I would like to be involved in no doubt.

I am keen to get folks actually driving their cars too though. They do look good standing still.... but even better on the road. The Esprit is such a fun car to drive and especially together. I appreciate concerns  regarding MSA membership, approval, insurance and licences for treasure hunts mentioned above but this is no different to the Aberdovey run really. A bunch of cars driving a route..... Staggered so that cars are not in huge groups. To that end It should be fine.

By Drive I mean a couple of hours to complete the Route... so non of this wiping out a valuable weekend business as I know we are all busy people!

• Like 1

A treasure hunt is different in the eyes of the law mate, you're organising a form of Rally. The Aberdovey run is just that, a run of similar cars. When you add objectives, it all changes.

http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_forms/compsandtrials/THUNTS.pdf

You don't want your collar felt, not again anyway...

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

There is no better site that a number of Esprit's (what is the collective name for this) on the road.

I would be up for this but not available in March. April in place of Donnington would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Need to change the title if opening this to the great unwashed with out Esprits - or many will not read it!!  I've just read it for 1st time and seen the general call for Brookland's / MBW.  

That location is excellent for a gathering and lots to see and do having done both about 3 times when I was considering an AMG (as the only place to get to open one up on a test drive) and then taking a friend when down at Race of Champions at Wembley one year and a son back the day before I took him to Hethel to show him the other way of going fast.

Is the hotel on site open yet?  Definitely up for it but date dependent on my work/travel plans.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Sounds great. Never been to Brooklands and always wanted to.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Certainly up for Brooklands.

Down South they close roads and divert traffic etc for cyclists at the drop of a hat. Why dont we get a route to Brooklands closed for an hour or so to accommodate Lotus' 

A Brooklands meet sounds great.  I'd be up for that.

A separate Esprit meet would be good too. 

Years ago we met up and did a run around the Oxfordshire country side, it was great fun.

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EOtherstuff/8DecRun.html

We did another excellent meet here:

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EOtherstuff/02May04_run.html

Edited by Mark B

That was tongue in cheek Bibs, Never going to happen unless we can get our Lotuses on 2 wheels and and some sweaty lycra to dangle in front of other road users who just happen to pay road tax.