Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 147 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

@tomcattom it's a custom paint but in essence Lotus Racing Green with with two coats of a measured gram amount of Alchemist colour shift from perfect pigments and pearls. The paint work was completed around 3 month ago with body assembled 6 weeks. Took me 5 weeks to refit intererior. Actually going back to the body shop next week for final paint correction, polishing and ceramic coating. The paint needed time to cure.

• Like 1

U1Banner-160.jpg

Drive with a smile

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Even muted I couldn't bring myself to watch the full clip...

But it's great to see a classic Esprit get that kind of attention! Maybe all hope isn't lost after all. 😉 

• Haha 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

I think I can work out who this car belongs to! Or rather two cars - anything else you can share @Suddabym - did you get then to sign your leather seats heh?

(one of the cars is I think your one)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I would worry about starting mine 40x on an off - hot starting can be a little uh interesting sometimes... but of course mine is not fuel injected which would help...

My Esprit is on DHLA45's and it would start no problem. You don't need EFi to obtain that.

The tiger print headrests were all my own idea. In fact, I’ve kept them, and all the crap hanging from the rearview. Makes it classy, and goes with the wheels. 

39 minutes ago, Fridge said:

My Esprit is on DHLA45's and it would start no problem. You don't need EFi to obtain that.

You should have seen the other guy

Sudders and Dany

A carb rebuild with quality parts from Eurocarb (not eBay), a proper tune and a refurbished distributor help.

How many people overlook the latter after 40+ years (like the springs in the cambelt tensioner), or fit a cheap aftermarket distributor made in China?

Remember, these cars started OK from new.

• Gold FFM

I have just had carbs fully re-built and it has new distributor and coil and leads and plugs - it used to be bit of a pig to start when hot but I have not experimented more recently - hopefully it is now much better! 

I think the leopard skin headrests are a very tasteful mod - one wonders why Lotus did not offer as a standard interior fabric at the time... 😎

• Haha 1

I've done the same, in fact more than once over the 20+ years ownership. Car still doesnt like cold start or re start after a break and hot run. Always has required a little more crank and fuel blip. The current E fuels dont help either in my experience. I needed to use some E10 last year and the car was poor to start and run until I had topped up a couple of time with E5.

U1Banner-160.jpg

Drive with a smile

Well, mine works fine. But quality, Del'lorto authorised parts and original Lucas distributor with the original power curve. It's all in the detail.

I never use e10 fuel in any of my cars.

@Fridge I believe you, I had new fuel pump, fuel filter, Distributor cap, Distributor Arm, Pickup, And carb rebuild kit, plugs and leads all from SJ fitted last year. I must add they were not fitted by myself but Barry Ely in Maldon. I've not checked timing, mixture or the carbs balance but assume it was all done. I will check it at some point over the summer but iits been like that forever and in in the past I was very much on top of maintenance and regular care. I was lead to believe and bought into the suggestion its due to fuel evaporation from the chambers. Its not that its doesn't start just takes 5'ish cranks cycles  and a couple of throttle blips.

U1Banner-160.jpg

Drive with a smile