Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 60 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

5 hours ago, silverfrost said:

When Classic   G   Esprit design gets hit with a modern touch,  Have to say his is the most evil G car i have ever seen, not for the purists i understand but i love it :wub:

14369000_1045548895557709_7993455203288350720_n.jpg.4849b710a9099a92454583962f988d56.jpg

Oh my lord. Show me the rest of this car please..!

THAT IS ESPRIT SEX

I thought that this was good but that whoops it out of sight

KRB-Lotus-Espirit-PMcG-31.jpg.054a372280b32243d0c36f8d19bbcec3.jpg

• Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Have just found the rest of the picture, It was concept art of a picture of a n/a black esprit,  Brooke says Liberty Esprit in a comment on the first picture, so not sure if a car like this was actually built of not as i cant find any info on it on the worly web,  

I just stumbled on the picture of the back half on the internet and thought it looked amazing,  However have now found a full picture and it lloks like the designer ran out of insperation or found the shark like end on the G car to hard to covert image wise,  The front end lets the whole car down sadly on this design :(  Still evil looking but not as impressive as the back end, however you do not have much surface area to play with on the G esprit however so i can sort of understand why its not as impressive .!

hugo-silva-lotus-esprit.thumb.jpg.5af0b9c61c5c435cfc412d2496d7cab8.jpg

• Like 1

A

2 hours ago, silverfrost said:

The front end lets the whole car down sadly on this design   Still evil looking but not as impressive as the back end, however you do not have much surface area to play with on the G esprit however so i can sort of understand why its not as impressive .!

You can't improve on G car perfection ?

• Like 2

Actually, It is a bit curious what the designer did to this Esprit S3.

He designed rounded wheelarches and kit them to the straight lines of the Giugiaro esprit design. And on this picture it does look OK. Not sure about the front though if it was shown from another (front)angle.

That car was on display in the window of the Co-Op department store in King Street, Hammersmith. They ran a competition to come up with the best advertising slogan for the after shave and win the car. I put in around 10 entries as I recall.

I wonder what slogan won it and what happened to the car? 

• Like 1

Something a little different.. Recently added remote lock/unlock to my 1994 S4 and after seeing that the remote had a trunk release button thought I would find a way... Here is a link to the process, etc. and a video below.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/remote-hatch-release-project-393194/

https://youtu.be/wRa53FRqrYI

Edited by 60N4.7
add link
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Had a very annoying experience today.

We took the Esprit to Brooklands as we are club members, for lunch in the members bar. Parked as we often do, in the paddock in front of the clubhouse. The place was very quiet.

I locked the drivers door but forgot to lock the passenger door. If I had been in the Ferrari, as I more often am, with the roof off I would not have bothered locking the doors at all.

Just after we finished lunch, the lady in the members bar asked around "Anyone own a white Lotus, you had better check out the car". 

I could not believe what I saw. There two families with parents who had let their kids open the doors and play in the car! They were sitting in both seats turning the wheel, and generally messing about. Absolutely gobsmacked and it was a shocking reminder that even in a "respectable" place such as Brooklands you just cant rely on some of the visitors having any decency.

When we came to leave I had a terrible job starting the car and I reckon the kids must have been pumping the pedal and flooded it, and also the steering lock was jammed.

Just incredible.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

Managed to get the Essex out for a quick spin today. :)

Doesn't get any better than that!

How old are those tires?  They look great, which means probably original with the car.  If they are, I hope you're not taking a very spirited "spin" on 30+ year old tires.

Edited by lotusespritse

4 minutes ago, lotusespritse said:

Doesn't get any better than that!

How old are those tires?  They look great, which means probably original with the car.  If they are, I hope you're not taking a very spirited "spin" on 30+ year old tires.

They are old but not cracked or particularly hard and I don't go stupid fast round corners so they are fine. They are the correct Goodyear NCT tyres but not from 1980!