Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 127 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Tavarish (@theRealTavarish) tweeted this pic as excavates a chargecooled unit from an S4
  • Sad 1

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

• Gold FFM

Hey Tony,

Nice cars!  I did not know there were any S2.2s imported to the US!  It's funny, I have Turbo an S2 and I'm trying to buy my old S1 back which is also yellow!  I'd love to meet you someday...

Roy

• Like 1

Instagram: @tpupnomad

1980 Lotus Esprit S2

1985 Lotus Turbo Esprit

Some other stuff  🤠

49 minutes ago, TpupNomad said:

Hey Tony,

Nice cars!  I did not know there were any S2.2s imported to the US!  It's funny, I have Turbo an S2 and I'm trying to buy my old S1 back which is also yellow!  I'd love to meet you someday...

Roy

Hey Roy,

Great to hear from you again!   I know we were chatting a while back and lost touch.  Yes, I am very lucky to have that S2.2.  There were never any Federal S2.2s;  officially, none were imported to the US.  This car was brought in as a personal import in 1983.  It might be the only S2.2 in North America.  It is also left-hand drive, which only a small number of S2.2s were.  I was looking for an S1 when it turned up, and I figured I would never have the chance again, so I jumped on it immediately.  :) 

Yes, it would be great to meet some time!    

-Tony

• Like 2

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Posted a pic of an m100 that I captured off the TV on an m100 thread, but I also captured this, I can't remember which TV program it was. Must have been 20 years ago, looks like M Brewer in the car?

1.thumb.JPG.0b36ab2601d70fe6db0cbe6a6c6544ec.JPG

• Like 1

On 23/02/2022 at 23:05, Tony K said:

Hello all,

Been a while since I have posted.  Pictured are:

S1 chassis 355H

S2.2  chassis 324J

Turbo Esprit Investor Edition #03

Great collection Tony.  I love the brown S1.  I see there are S3 bumpers on the S2.2, is that because you didn't like the federal bumpers?

And has someone resprayed the Inverstor's Special?  I thought those were silver and dark grey when they left the factory.

https://www.lotusespritturbo.com/Lotus_Turbo_Esprit_Investors_Special_Edition.htm

On 25/02/2022 at 11:00, Mark Blanchard said:

Great collection Tony.  I love the brown S1.  I see there are S3 bumpers on the S2.2, is that because you didn't like the federal bumpers?

And has someone resprayed the Inverstor's Special?  I thought those were silver and dark grey when they left the factory.

https://www.lotusespritturbo.com/Lotus_Turbo_Esprit_Investors_Special_Edition.htm

Hi Mark,

The S2.2 needed to be "federalized" when it was imported to the US.   Typically that meant adding compliant bumpers, side makers, headlights, catalyst, and sometimes other safety or emissions equipment.  However having seen many "grey market" cars from the 1980s over the years, regulations were not always consistently adhered to.  This S2.2 received federal front bumper and side marker lamps, but for whatever reason kept its original rear bumper and does not have a catalyst.  The importation tag on the door jamb identifies the car as Turbo Esprit (LOL) brought in a personal import in 1983.

The Investor Special is 100% original paint and interior except that the rear bumper has been resprayed.  The two-tone grey and silver was the standard color scheme for the Investor cars, but they could be specified to any color combination the investor chose.  So a lot of them are grey/silver, but there are plenty in other colors.  This one is Jupiter Red with black Connolly leather interior.    

Tony  :)   

• Like 1

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE