Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 34 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

1 hour ago, eeyoreish said:

Drove my last time on Wednesday as it's raining (and dark) in the UK now.

Wipers & headlights ;-)

I'll keep using mine as long as there's no snow, and more importantly road salt. Even more fun when the weather is nice of course, but winter lasts too long not to drive the Esprit.

This one is from a couple of years ago:

snow.jpg

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Ordinarily I would use it all year round as it does operate (and has) in the dark and the wet :)

It's just that I need to pull out the interior for a full refurb and I want to upgrade the ICE at the same time and this is my planned time to do it. It's why I only taxed it for 6 months this time round. 

Looks like I'll also be doing my steering rack and drive shaft oil seals while it's in the garage. Oh well, more access for the steering at least while the dash is out!

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Neil, off course winter is a good time for all kind of work that needs to be done, that's good planning. I'll just try to keep driving it as long as possible, as I don't have the facilities to do much work anyway.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Here is the picture from the last ride to the winter storage.

I have to make another kind of licence plate holder, because I suppose the one in use now affects cooling too much.

PA300083(1).JPG

Here is one more.

PA300079.JPG

• Like 2

"Older I get, faster I was"

On 1 November 2015 23:48:15, JustinB said:

That is fantastic Paul. I think the Esprit benefits today from every other performance car having the same rounded lines. They all look great, but so samey. 

It sure is a timeless piece of design….will still look modern in another 40 years. 

On 30/10/2015 19:40:40, eeyoreish said:

Hope the number plate was the only thing that fell off yours last winter!

Well spotted Neil! IIRC this was taken after I got back from Belgian MOT, which had to be done with special garage plates and before I could apply for my plate.

• Gold FFM

Well speaking about mileage for the year.We did one run mid summer where we covered just over 1500 miles in less than a week, and that was including two days driving about London. Yellow Peril is now covered up indoors as she has a failed rear wheel bearing, she is due a big service and oil seals now require changing. I recon I am going to have a few cold days outdoors while I pull the engine etc. But the good point is come spring she will be ready to roar again.

brrrrr.

• Like 1

Anyone remember this? Our Esprit Sniper by our old mate Rob, From Canada?

WOWEspritsniper.jpg

My S4 the day I picked it up!

IMGP3385.jpg

A year on and £3000 later she was sorted to my satisfaction! And so I took her back to her spiritual home in East Carleton

IMGP3700.jpg

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

2 hours ago, The Pits said:

2bondsbrandreduced2.jpg.bb11b98bb72b474c

There have been some reunion events for Bond films at Pinewood where cast and crew assemble. I don't think there has been one for For Your Eyes Only yet, these 2 would make a nice centrepiece. Up for it?

• Like 2

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

9 minutes ago, Loose Cannon said:

You should have kept that S4 bud, it was puuurrrrfect.

I know bud, but at the time I could only afford 1 car and had just offered on the Exige. Now I would keep it and have both!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

3 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Anyone remember this? Our Esprit Sniper by our old mate Rob, From Canada?

WOWEspritsniper.jpg

My S4 the day I picked it up!

IMGP3385.jpg

A year on and £3000 later she was sorted to my satisfaction! And so I took her back to her spiritual home in East Carleton

IMGP3703.jpg

IMGP3700.jpg

I thought the registration looked familiar when I looked at these pictures. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but this S4's ended up at Douglas Valley, according to the description, it's the same reg. number. I must say, looked very nice under your ownership.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Esprit-Chassis-Lotus-Esprit-S4-Chassis-Esprit-Turbo-Chassis-1993-/272029594918?fits=Car+Make%3ALotus&hash=item3f563a3526:g:VMwAAOxy~ilSRYig

Edited by BustTheRust

Crikey, today is gloomy enough. What a sad sight. How did an S4 with 13,000 miles (according to the ebay listing) end up being scrapped?!

Well the eBay ad says:

Used Chassis taken from a 1993 year light accident damaged Lotus Esprit S4

From my own experience I know very well that insurance companies are writing off almost everything that they consider "difficult".

Such a shame, I would have saved it if it had been mine (and yes, I had all of those arguments with the insurers after the accident).

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

5 hours ago, Loose Cannon said:

There have been some reunion events for Bond films at Pinewood where cast and crew assemble. I don't think there has been one for For Your Eyes Only yet, these 2 would make a nice centrepiece. Up for it?

Definitely, as would Hopo I'm sure. Great suggestion. For that you deserve another pic!

IMG_4392.JPG.a94d5084de0eb241c8ada5be6a4

• Like 2