Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 46 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Forget the Pork, that looks like one wonderful Esprit. Very nice.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Andyww said:

Why does this always happen? Just arrived at Goodwood and no sooner got out the car and turned on the camera than some damn Porsche arrives to ruin the picture!

DSCN3303.JPG

Your car is stunning Andy - but can't help thinking black door mirrors would look even better

Excellent pictures of a beautiful car. It almost looks like a toy car under that plane.

Like many of us, I imagine, I've been mesmerized by the Esprit since I was 11 years old and saw an S1 in 1976 at a show. Back then, it seemed truly otherworldly.

Others will disagree but I now think the V8 looks the best. That is awesome in black!

Simon

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Numanoid said:

Excellent pictures of a beautiful car. It almost looks like a toy car under that plane.

Like many of us, I imagine, I've been mesmerized by the Esprit since I was 11 years old and saw an S1 in 1976 at a show. Back then, it seemed truly otherworldly.

Others will disagree but I now think the V8 looks the best. That is awesome in black!

Simon

80s Turbo or last of the line V8??

Impossible to call. Would have to get both!

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

I'm always up for an argument. That 80s Turbo in white and red is without a doubt one of the most stunning production cars Lotus has ever produced. It's iconic. It's legendary. It's awesome. It's bloody fantastic. And it makes my heart skip a beat and yearn for it. 

The V8s are lovely too and driving would be totally awesome. A real brutish and visceral experience wrapped in a timeless shape.

Both awesome, but for me, the red and white 80s turbo wins, but, I would be chuffed to bits and very proud with either.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

16 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

That 80s Turbo in white and red is without a doubt one of the most stunning production cars Lotus has ever produced. It's iconic. It's legendary. It's awesome. It's bloody fantastic. And it makes my heart skip a beat and yearn for it. 

Your kind words are pretty much identical as spoken by a certain Mr MJ Kimberley when we were standing next to it at Brooklands :) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbsup:

Interesting looking engine cover.

The sunroof makes the car look very light and airy inside.

Snap for the crook lock :)

56 minutes ago, Big Vern said:

The 'Lotus' was done by the previous owner. I kind of like it, it stops people saying 'nice Ferrari'....

That engine cover is BANG ON. Also, what a fantastic looking car the S3 is from above... 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

10 hours ago, Big Vern said:

The 'Lotus' was done by the previous owner. I kind of like it, it stops people saying 'nice Ferrari'....

So does this!

2016-05-28 19.37.54 (Large).jpg

Edited by lotusespritse
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Nice Esprit!  Are those all your cars in the pic?

Thanks!

No, that's not all of them....  There are a couple others.

3 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

Mark now wants a V8...

Hurry up, they're getting pricey :smoke:

I have had an SE and now a V8 both for years of ownership.  After driving and working on the the SE, the V8 is very nice.

Edited by lotusespritse

2 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

So you own that Murcielago, nice!

Yes, it's a fun car.  I do my own work on both of them, so it's interesting to explore how Lotus and Lambo took such a similar, yet very different approach to solving the same problem -- creating super fast cars that are awesome.

2016-05-29 11.53.41 (Large).jpg

• Like 2