Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Scottish Independence - Page 12 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Scottish Independence

Kimbers

2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Yup, and the highest level of debt of any region in the UK to pay for it!

You forgot:

free personal care for the elderly - a demographic ticking time bomb that is now around 6x times, and climbing as Scotland's elderly population quota is increasing, more expensive than the labour politicians told us it would be.

free alcohol allowances for alcoholics - I kid you not!

free vet fee's for the unemployed

free drugs for drug addicts to keep then high

free eye tests

Independence, aye right, "freedom" - but at what price? Certainly not one we can afford to pay.

Can I suggest that every Lotus owner and TLF member, over the age of 60, retires here to Scotland! The roads are great, very rarely full of cars, house prices are relatively cheap, there's loads of space and you get all those great benefits. plus the more of you that retire here the more expensive the social policies and ergo the less we can afford independence. Perfick!

If you can throw in the certainty of getting a doctor's appointment, I'm in. I'll just have to ignore the weather.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

And the deep fried Mars bars, drunks staggering down every street - oh and the foreign language :sofa:

England needs Scotland - where else would we get rid of all of the offal no one else will eat from the abattoir 

Only here once

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

And the deep fried Mars bars, drunks staggering down every street - oh and the foreign language :sofa:

You get that in Margate, minus the Mars bars. On balance, I can't see what Andy's moaning about.

Margate Exotics.

I am a tad worried that this will develop into a, well yes we are leaving the eu but we are still in it,  both for scotland and england, I just hope they get a good deal and follow it through.!

A

Watching Theresa May on Andrew Marr this morning, what a difference to the whinging, whining, argumentative, sniping, "demanding", stamping, toys out the pram, Sturgeon.

On Brexit, which May did not support - "look, we had a vote, the British people in a democratic vote had a majority that voted for Brexit, so now, my job is just to get on with Brexit and the job of government and governing".

Why can't Sturgeon accept, like May, that she lost her vote and just get on with the job of government? To me this goes to the nub of the issue re Independence - we had the vote. We, as a nation had a majority that said no. So, respect the majority and democracy and the will of the people and move on and govern. Please!

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Id much prefer the - "goodbye Mrs merkel - we will be adding tax onto all German cars imported to the uk under normal global trading deals - and keep your uncontrolled random immigration"

• Like 1

Only here once

• 1 month later...

You have to understand that the more "noise" she creates as a result of what happens in the rest of the UK, and particularly, linked to Westminster, the more it diverts attention from the pitifully poor performance of her own government over the past 9 years or so. It is more of a defensive strategy than an offensive one.

What she really does not understand is the economic reality of a Scotland (I wont see an independent Scotland as it won't be independent it will be ruled from Brussels instead of Westminster) that is out of the rUK and in the EU.Using the Scottish Governments own figures, Scotland exported some £76bn to international and rUk markets. Of that, 64% of the eport total was to the rUK (£48.5bn). £15.2bn was to the rest of the world and only £11.6bn was to the EU!

Now ask yourself. Why is she banging on about Brexit being disastrous for Scottish Exports when (1) it is their smallest trading partner group and (2) independence from the rest of the UK puts a trading market worth over 4 times as much (to the rUK) at risk?

What kind of miss-information is that? What kind of lack of understanding of the true world order of things is that.

For everyone who keeps on saying how good and honest Strugeon comes across,they really do need to get behind the facts.

Independence for Scotland is a separation from its biggest, oldest and most lucrative trading partner. It will mean a move to the Euro and the imposition of a physical hard border for goods, services and people between Scotland and rUK. How is the risk of that, outweighed by staying in a group 4x smaller?

Total utter nonsense the lot of it. But please do feel free to tell me I am bonkers.

If anyone wants to buy a lovely house in rural Perthshire, with stunning views, a large garden and a huge garage, let me know. I've had enough of this pish and shite and at times down right bigotry and racism towards the English - and this is, when you really get the debate going, what is at the core of the movement for independence in Scotland. A massive huge chip on some people's shoulder that has been there for over 350 years and where they still blame the red coats and English parliament for their own follies, political disasters, and traitorship and greed between clans, highlanders, lowlanders etc.. The rUk will, it pains me to say, be so much better off away from it all.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

If anyone wants to buy a lovely house in rural Perthshire, with stunning views, a large garden and a huge garage, let me know. I've had enough of this pish and shite and at times down right bigotry and racism towards the English - and this is, when you really get the debate going, what is at the core of the movement for independence in Scotland. A massive huge chip on some people's shoulder that has been there for over 350 years and where they still blame the red coats and English parliament for their own follies, political disasters, and traitorship and greed between clans, highlanders, lowlanders etc.. The rUk will, it pains me to say, be so much better off away from it

Andy, a bit late to the party mate, mines been on the market for a couple of months now. Country is ferked, laughed at world wide and no bloody chance of going it alone.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I reckon after brexit - itd be well handy to have a land border with an EU run Scotland - that way all the Jonny foreigners can just drive upto Scotland to sign on :thumbsup:

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Why don't Scotland solve a bit of unemployment for awhile and some economy problems and buy everyone near the borders a shovel and tell them to dig a trench right across so that it fills up with a little bit of ocean?

They'll truly be independent then.

They could then follow this up with some bridge building.

That's what government should be about. Decision making. ;) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Referendum 2 happens and I'm done. **** the SNP, they're not going to be happy until they bring Scotland to its knees with financial disaster for the sake of proving a point that doesn't need proving, anyone with half a brain knows it's a bad idea. Remember the whole "Oh we will be making soooooooo much revenue from oil" bollocks? Well that's ****ed now isn't it. Not that they ever bothered to explain the percentage of the total North Sea revenue that the country would get anyway to the mass morons, knowing they'd be too blinkered to look it up,  just what the top line was and ran with it. ****ing idiots. 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, ian29gte said:

You have to admit there's a likeness. I think it's the Barnet.

Try giving the gorilla a lemon to suck on - likeness complete

Only here once