Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
MJK back in Hospital - Page 3 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

MJK back in Hospital

Kimbers

He has his phone if anyone wants to help us out by reinforcing this with a text...

My pleasure, and just sent:

Dear Mike,

Greetings from your friends (“rogues and scoundrels”) in New York City.

It has come to our attention that you, being a leader by nature, are consequently also a lousy patient by nature, e.g., not wanting to be confined or told what to do. So I’ve been elected to fill you in on the potential consequences of leaving the hospital before the medical staff tell you it’s advisable.

First, Dany Bahar has apparently been so desperate for work that he’s had a sex-change and is now working under the name Danielle Blowhard—well, Nurse Danielle Blowhard, actually, at the N&N University Hospital. His…’scuse me…her primary duty is to restrain patients who ignore sound medical advice regarding premature…uh…discharge, and torture them with her theories about the potential marketing of Red Bull in over the counter EpiPen form to ward off the type of corporate expense account post-lunch food comas so expertly demonstrated by Gino Rosato, all while torturing the miscreant patient accompanied by the dulcet backing tones of Swizz Beatz—ya know, the Lotus global marketing genius who’s ground-breaking Evora (“The first chrome color car in the  world”!!!) which apparently had to be repossessed. (Nothing says commitment like repossession.)

By the way, Danielle’s inspiration for the Red Bull EpiPen is rumored to have come from his discovery that Gino had diverted “business development funds” to have a special hot tub installed at Hethel, in which he would spend his food-coma hours marinating in a vat of Alfredo sauce, while listening to Percy Faith albums.

In closing, fear the above scenario. Fear Danielle, Gino, and Swizz—the three riders of the apocalypse—and do not leave the N&N premises until told it’s healthy for you to do so.

On behalf of the gang, we wish you all the best, and expect no less from you. Besides, other than Kimbers, who else am I going to eat Don Pepe’s shrimp with? (And thanks for offering to pick up the tab, even if you didn’t.)

Warm regards,

Matt

P.S. I know certain people who know certain people from certain parts of New York City who’ve offered to bury Danielle in Project Eagle EP-1 or Swizz’s Evora, in the Meadowlands, right next to Jimmy Hoffa. Just say the word.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

• Gold FFM

I can't send text messages to UK mobiles. :( Well it didn't work with Kimbers. I can phone him, but text messages fail.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Wish him all the best, but ensure you do everything in your power to keep him out of trouble and on the recovery path!

Have you tried bribing him with something? :P

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

I've just come across this thread so apologies for being late to the party.

To Mike, remember that the body is like a mechanical structure and it has its limitations and sometimes the engine is too powerful for the frame. While I can't imagine you being stationary for 2 months, your brain can still be exercised. The motor industry is going through a big upheaval now with decisions being made as to whether electric or hybrid, petrol or diesel or CNG or hydrogen or something we haven't thought of. What are the challenges for autonomous vehicles and how do they interact with human-operated vehicles? Any motoring publication or motor industry publication would be only too glad to print your thoughts on these topics.

If that gas, there's always the forum waiting to hear from you.

And what about a the autobiography?

Get well soon and take care.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I'd add to the rest with best wishes for Mike.

I've enjoyed reading about you over the years and the great inputs you've given to Lotus each time you've been back with them. (Do regret how the boss reneged on your plans for more legroom in the Esprit while you were overseas at the time.) Also those stories Kimbers shared with us of the racing years and various adventures were a wonderful read.

Take care and all the best.

DanR

He should be out later today and then just 6 weeks of Traction on his foot (no weight allowed to be put on it for 4 weeks). As such I am sure he will go stir crazy. If anyone is in the Norwich Area and wants to pop in and say hi I am sure he will be more than happy to bore you to tears with stories of Colin, Ronnie, Mario, James Bond, Pretty Woman, design and testing etc.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I'm sure I can talk them into it for the old man matey!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Just to keep you updated (again). MJK had a set back yesterday and the Paramedics traced it back to a left bundle block in his heart. He's currently being monitored and has started to improve since yesterday. But according to the Doctor who was in attendance "We thought he was going to leave us".

To be honest I would like this last 4 weeks over with.

Hope the improvement continues.....trying times for everyone, for sure.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Thanks Bibs. Dad really appreciated your contact.

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Any more news on MJK?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Great news. It was Liz who actually asked me to check. I will let her know Bibs.

Thanks for the update. :)

A thumbs up from Colin

and one from me  :thumbup: 

Good news there.....hope he has enough stuff to fend off the dreaded boredom!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

He watched the first 3 series of Game of Thrones in 3 days. That sort of answers how bored he is! LMAO

He's finally getting to move around a little and sit in a chair next to his bed. I'm trying to get him to move around more so he has more upper body strength cause he feels really weak in that area, which will be no help to move around on crutches....his next step forward.

He really appreciates all the contacts, cards and texts he's had and I will copy/print a load more off here for him to read. He can't get in his computer room cause he can't get his baby walker through the door (Hahaha, he's gonna kill me for calling his Zimmer Frame that......hahaha he'll kill me for the zimmer frame comment as well!).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All the best wishes for a speedy recovery. He has had enough down time.

The Lotus group here in the eastern US is thinking of you.

Cheers,

Bob