Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
She's here: Military Grey - Page 5 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

She's here: Military Grey

On 4/18/2015 at 00:06, Kristof Thys said:

Seatrunners replaced under warranty at 1500 kms.  1000 kms later: again some play on them.

Permanent fix (not my picture, not my car):

seatfix.jpg

Testfitting...

Replace both front high tensile bolts M8x8mm with

a) 12mm ones if you don't move your seat all the way to the rear.

b) 30mm ones if you do move your seat all the way to the rear.

seatbolts.jpg

left: M8x30 - middle: M8x12 - right: OEM M8x8 - high tensile

Presto: rock solid!!

Carry the hex key in the boot as you need to loosen both bolts to move the seat.

Next up: reverse camera.

cam_rear.jpg

Is a WIFI version, android phone running tasker: as soon as the reverse cam comes on, the correct viewer is launched.  Works like a charm!!

cam_int.jpg

Good stuff Kristof, you're doing the first things I plan to do as well when I receive my unit. I saw you linked the reverse camera, but is this is the WiFi version you mentioned? Also for your head unit, is the microphone built it in or did you have to place a microphone somewhere?

Goodmorning everyone
am new to the forum and is a bit of time that I follow and that I will read:

unfortunately I speak very little English, so, I apologize, I have to use a translator.

@ I beg to ask Kristof Thys who sells and where you can buy the aluminum center console (to which one can add gauges) ?

Thank you for the answer. Good late Sunday

15 hours ago, Xisthos said:

Good stuff Kristof, you're doing the first things I plan to do as well when I receive my unit. I saw you linked the reverse camera, but is this is the WiFi version you mentioned? Also for your head unit, is the microphone built it in or did you have to place a microphone somewhere?

Hi Xisthos,

the camera is a cheap analog one, but it connects to a wifi transmitter in the boot.

The microphone is installed on the steering wheel cowl, so no, it is not built in.  Head unit is pioneer mvh-x560bt.  Works really well.

16 hours ago, TonyKL said:

You need a gold filler surround to finish it off !

I need a black one... as I still have my black wheels as well ;-)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 17/01/2015 at 08:24, Kristof Thys said:

:thumbsup:

I have swapped my wheel bolts for black ones, removed the "chrome" Exige S logo and maybe I'm gonna paint my exhaust tip too; so the colour scheme will be black-grey.

But agreed, diamond cut does look good on picture (just not my cup of tea).

This helped me quite a lot when deciding on wheels :scooter: :

diamondcut.jpg

military_BLACK.jpg

I'm having my wheels refurbed under warranty - issues with the diamond cut 'milking'.

Considering going black :-O

As much as I'm not a fan of diamond cut wheels on any car, I think they really suit your colour.

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, TonyKL said:

That looks great, I've been thinking of a CF panel on the front - does look good in black, quite a contrast!

Hi Tony, my first idea was to go with CF as well.  However, I really wanted the front access panel and the side scoops to be in the same finish.  At this moment, aftermarket CF side vents are no 100% fit as the left hand side ones lack the "piping" to connect to the air intake snorkel (at least the Win-Ace ones).  Next to that, the side vents and the front panel would be the only parts on my car in carbon...  Anyhow, the Win-Ace panel was originally mat black with red striping.  However, for it to come out 100% in gloss black, a lot of flattening/straightening/sanding was needed.  I guess in the end CF would have been the same cost B-)  The gloss black leaves the option to do "other bits" too.  

But it does bring a lot of contrast.  Will take a few days to get used to.  I really like the more aggressive look now.  Hope to get her out in the sun to take some nice pics.

If all goes well, Eltech should come with their CF front access panel (and side vents) in a few days.  Keep an eye out for Dixie V6's posts :sofa:

• 11 months later...

I know this has been posted as a question, but to remove the front grilles to be able to remove the grime stuck between the body and the oil coolers, simply remove 2 torx screws (not bolts...) accessible via the front undertray and remove the third screw on the grille itself.

Had a nice clean in there (remember with P-cars, that the grime could affect the radiators ).

Also got the engine plaque from Imran.  Thanks for that!!

20190223_115219.jpg

20190302_091848.jpg

Edited by Kristof Thys
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• 9 months later...

In my very humble opinion, in the sun in the second picture, the gold wheels really set well against that MG paint.  The black ones, well, a bit meh.....

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just now, C8RKH said:

In my very humble opinion, in the sun in the second picture, the gold wheels really set well against that MG paint.  The black ones, well, a bit meh.....

mmm... wife is out tomorrow... might spend the afternoon in the garage swapping wheels 😉

• Like 1

I have only ever seen a MG car on a dull grey UK day and I wasn't the biggest fan, but the pictures in the sun with the gold wheels have converted me!  I'm liking that a lot 👍

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, KennyN said:

I have only ever seen a MG car on a dull grey UK day and I wasn't the biggest fan, but the pictures in the sun with the gold wheels have converted me!  I'm liking that a lot 👍

Oh that is without a shadow of a doubt my favourite current Lotus colour 

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case any of your guys are looking to sell / part-ex your Military Grey cars in the near future, please let me know as I’m on the look-out....

Preferably 350 Sport / possibly 380 dependent upon price.

Thanks

Jim

17 hours ago, Derbyjim said:

Just in case any of your guys are looking to sell / part-ex your Military Grey cars in the near future, please let me know as I’m on the look-out....

I promised myself that, if all goes well, this would be the last ICE car I've bought... so either we run out of fossil fuels or I get too fat to get in and out for me to sell the car 😀

Should probably post a pic of the new diffuser in this thread too...

diffuser.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kristof Thys said:

I promised myself that, if all goes well, this would be the last ICE car I've bought... so either we run out of fossil fuels or I get too fat to get in and out for me to sell the car 😀

Should probably post a pic of the new diffuser in this thread too...

diffuser.jpg

Are you just teasing me??! 😂

Looks lovely - let me know if selling, not in any rush but have seen one that I like.

• 3 months later...